Thursday, July 31, 2014

Distinctive Menu at MOJO Kitchen and Bar



I had been hearing a lot about MOJO before I finally could go here. My sister, who is also my partner-in-eating, had kept asking when we would visit MOJO. And finally, here we were to enjoy our brunch!

By the time I entered the place, I immediately fell in love with the decoration. They were so smart in developing their design. The big windows located all over the place allowed the sunlight to enter the restaurant and made it a perfect place to capture your wonderful moments (including your foods :p). Actually the venue was not that big, but the homey ambience would definitely make you want to stay longer. What a perfect place to chill with friends!

So what’s on the table for today?
Classic Taco de Lengua (IDR 55k)
Taco with steak, pico de gallo, jalapeno relish, guasacaca, taco sauce, olive tomato rice, grilled scallion
 

The portion was ideal for appetizer, as the size was neither too big nor too small. The toppings were quite rich as you can see, they were quite generous in giving the slices of beef. However, you’d better enjoying the dish when it was still warm as the beef was actually not that juicy. Luckily, after being mixed with the veggies and taco sauce, and wrapped with the thin dough; this dish turned to be quite good opening for today’s brunch. 

Fried Chicken & Waffle (IDR 88k) 
Deep-fried chicken breast served with waffle, mustard sauce, and maple syrup


One of the signature dishes of MOJO, which I believe you have seen for several times on your Instagram’s page. At first, I thought this dish was kinda weird. But then the first bite had proven the opposite. The sweet taste from waffle and maple syrup combined with the savoury taste from crispy fried chicken turned this dish to be exceptional! 

Ferrero Rocher Milkshake (IDR 45k)

I would not give much comment on this beverage as I chose to give ‘so-so’ rating for it. For me, it’s just like general chocolate milkshake as I did not get the Ferrero Rocher taste in it.    

Peanut Butter Cheesecake (IDR 69k) 
Cheesecake with peanut butter spread and strawberry topping




A restaurant will always leave a memorable experience for me if its dessert is distinctive. Dessert is extremely important as the last part should always be the best one. This time, MOJO has perfectly ended my brunch session. Peanut butter cheesecake, I’ve always loved this dessert as I really love every single component of it. When it was served on my table, I saw that this dish was actually different from my expectation as I thought that the peanut butter was mixed together with the cheesecake instead of being used as topping. But once again, the taste surprised me as it actually tasted just right! The cheesecake was so moist, and the salty peanut butter topping was generously given. Moreover, the additional strawberry toppings completed the dish with fresh element.

Actually, there were more dishes on the menu I was really curious to try. However, I already felt really full at that time and my tummy said it had been prosperous enough on that day. I guess another visit will come real soon so kindly be patient to see the next review :) .

UPDATE!!

As promised, I finally came with the update for you. Of course more info about the other menu, so keep scrolling down ;)



Nachos (IDR 45k)

I guessed picking Nachos as appetizer has never gone wrong. Especially, if your Nachos came with rich toppings, absolutely a double-happiness moment! Beautifully served with Minced Beef, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Relish, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole and Sour Cream; this Nachos was surely an ideal choice to start your tummy prosperity experience. You could get the completely satisfying combination of savory, cheesy, as well as refreshing taste.

Californian Cheeseburger (IDR 65k)

If I asked you to guess which part of this burger was the best one, I believed you could easily give me the answer just by looking at the picture. Yes! It was definitely that thick beef patty, which did not only look so tempting, but indeed tasted brilliant! The beef was tender, juicy, and super rich in flavor. Another part that should never be missed from a burger besides the patty was surely the cheese! The American Cheddar Cheese stuffed together with the patty has successfully come as a perfect companion for this wonderful burger. Just one thing, it would actually be even more delicious if the cheese was given in more generous portion as I loved everything cheesy :p. Not to forget, the lettuce also had to be there to represent the healthy part of the dish (Yeah. One of my excuses to say that this dish was healthy :p). Last but not least were the golden brown shoestring fries besides the burger, which I believe did not need to be further explained, since it seemed that they were always loved by everyone.

Lychee Ice Tea (IDR 35k)




































One of the most mainstream beverage to order, yeah Lychee Ice tea. LOL. However, I had to admit that Mojo’s Lychee Ice Tea could be said as the quite rich one, which might actually be represented by the fairly high price. As you could see, the lychee was abundantly given and it was also completed with slices of fresh lemon, which made it become even more revitalizing!


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 9.5/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8.5/10

Thanks for reading! :)


MOJO KITCHEN AND BAR
Address: Jl. Kertanegara No. 70, Senopati, Jakarta
Phone: (021) 9200 0529, (021) 722 9330
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 11.00am – 12.00am



Find me on:

Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment