Friday, July 25, 2014

Love at the First Sight with Squid Ink Pasta at Domicile

At the beginning of May, I got a chance to go to Surabaya and visit this most ‘happening’ restaurant, located at Jalan Soematra, where the other ‘happening’ cafes and restaurants also reside. The place was very big and comfy for chilling with friends and for dining. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the place at that time :(. So I'll just share with you some pictures I took with my friend there.





As recommended by many of my friends who have been there, I ordered the Black Ink Fettucine. Moreover, I also ordered the Pan-Seared Barramundi since the waiter said that this dish was also a recommended one.
Black Ink Fettucine Seafood White Cream (IDR 80,000)

Pan-Seared Barramundi (IDR 140,000)

Reflected by the name, yes, the color of the fettucine was black as it was mixed with the squid-ink. It was completed with the fresh seafood toppings like prawns, mussels, and definitely the squids itself. Slices of raw tuna were put on the top to create the perfect appearance for this food. Taste wise, I gave 8.5 out of 10 for this dish. I highly recommended it for those who love creamy pasta. What I love from this dish was its balanced flavor. It was neither too tasty, nor too light. This is definitely a must-try when you visit Domicile! (PS: I heard that this dish was often included in sold-out list if you visited this restaurant at dinner time) 
For the second dish, I gave 7 out of 10. The fish was perfectly cooked and the texture was so soft. The mashed potato put under the fish was good enough. This food’s appearance immediately reminded me of Union’s Grilled Salmon, which is still my most favorite fish-based dish :p 
To complete the lunch, my friend and I ordered caramel latte and cappuccino. The coffee was great (including the complimentary cookie)! Overall, I love this place due to its pampering ambience, awesome design, and great food. One thing for sure, I will definitely go back here for its black-ink creamy fettucine. 

 
Taste: 8/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10
Address: Jl Soematra No. 35, Surabaya 
Phone: 031 - 501 6900
Operating hours: Sun - Fri 11am - 1am, Sat 11am - 2am
Website: http://www.domicile-sby.com/
Instagram: domicilesby


Thanks for reading! :)

Find me on:
Instagram: Jessica_Gaby
Facebook: Jessica Gaby
Twitter: @jessica_gaby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment