Monday, July 28, 2014

One is Never Enough at Elicxir Artisan Gelato


Are you an ice cream lover? You definitely lie if you say you’re not. Even a non dessert-lover loves eating this cold sweet dessert. Then how about gelato? Some of us might not know what the difference between the two of them is as we think the tastes are similar. Even, gelato in Italian actually means ice cream (www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/ice-cream-vs-gelato_n_3333016.html). Actually, they are quite different as gelato is usually denser, milkier, and having more elastic texture. On the other hand, ice cream is fluffier and creamier. But in the end, who cares about that as both of them just taste amazing and are definitely perfect mood booster!

As a dessert addict, I’m always curious to try every new dessert store, and Elicxir is the one into which I fall in love at the first trial. I tried it for the first time at Plaza Indonesia, but now the store has moved to Central Park. I have been a huge fan of Elicxir even since the first time I fell for it. Thus, you'd better expect to drool when reading my review on Elicxir because I have tons of tempting stuffs to tell you.

Not So Classic Cookies and Cream (IDR 49k)

- Banana gelato with salted caramel cookie crumble - 


This flavor was my very first-to-have in Elicxir. What I love the most from it is the gelato itself since I am indeed a banana lover. The salted caramel cookies are also perfect match for this flavor.  




French Toast Gelato with Srikaya Jam (IDR 49k)



This one really tastes and smells like french toast and thus, the srikaya jam topping turns it into perfection. I believe this is the new way to enjoy kaya toast. LOL
 

Going Nuts (IDR 60k)
- Milk chocolate gelato with nutella, more nutella, and honey peanuts -

For those who love chocolate and peanut, Going Nuts is an ideal choice. The nutella topping is so generous and yeah, what can go wrong when chocolate meets peanuts?


 Sugar galaxy (IDR 60k)
- Milk chocolate gelato with oreo, nutella, salted caramel cookies, soft oreo cake, chocolate wafer, and sugar cone -

Do you love taking pictures of your food? Or are you the ones who love to enjoy your gelato with tons of toppings? Then here is your soulmate, sugar galaxy! For me, this is the richest and the most photogenic premium gelato of Elicxir. You can enjoy the amazing milk chocolate gelato with lots of different toppings, which will make you fly :p. 


What I really really love from Elicxir is they have continuous innovation on the product they sell. They regularly come up with new flavors, new menu, and new ways to satisfy the customers. They even ask for the customers' feedback on this, in order to serve the customers with what they really desire! (PS. I am not paid or whatsoever for writing this). One important note, as there would always be new flavors coming up, sometimes there are flavors, which are only available during certain time.

Brazilian Coffee Noir (IDR 60k)


The first seasonal menu I had was this. It was invented by the famous fashion blogger, Anaz Siantar, to celebrate World Cup 2014. There were two other flavors coming together with this, Nippon Vanilla and Spicy Summer Berries. I know Brazil did not win the world cup, but this flavor has won my heart when I had to choose between those 3 special flavors. If you're a coffee lover, you'd better put no doubt on me. Coffee gelato, peanut butter wafer, and cookie crumble have just created the best trio ever in Elicxir.  When the world cup season ended and this flavor was gone, I really wished it could go back and luckily, my wish came true! Now you can find it available again in Elicxir's menu.


Squirrel's Peanut Butter & Jelly (IDR 50k)



Another impressive seasonal menu was the combination you often found in cakes or bread toppings, Peanut Butter and Jelly! This mixture of vanilla gelato, organic peanut butter, and cookie crumbs were certainly a cup of paradise. The jelly part itself was the strawberry jam put on top of the heavenly gelato mixture. I've already missed this flavor! 


Another adorable innovations is El Gelato, which I tried at a I Love Bazzar Jakarta at GI! Combining Elicxir's gelato with pastries from Iscaketory (Facebook . Instagram), you'll be able to enjoy the exceptional gelato with Ovomaltine Choux, Cookies, Macaron, or Other Pastries of the Day.

Oreo Cookies & Cream and Taro Gelato with Ovomaltine Choux (IDR 50k) 



You might not be able to see the Oreo Cookies and Cream one as it was put at the bottom part. So basically, the Ovomaltine Choux was cut into two part; the bottom one was put first, then the scoops of gelato on top of it, then the top part of the choux, with additional Ovomaltine and cream cheese! I guessed I didn't need to say much thing as you definitely knew that the taste was so damn good! I really loved the Oreo Cookies and Cream as it was not too creamy and the oreo cookies was so generously given. For the Taro one, actually the owner noticed that my sister and I were indeed the very loyal customers of Elicxir as we had met him very often at the outlet, so he gave me one additional free scoop and I picked Taro (Thanks a lot for this!). This Taro flavor had balanced sweetness level, however if I might suggest, they might add more of the Taro ingredients so the flavor could be stronger. 

How about the choux? It was surely exceptional! Not only because the chewy texture and the great taste, but also the abundant Ovomaltine and Creamcheese topping. Blending it with the yummy gelato, and your mind would surely be blown away! 


Picolo Coffee Gelato with Pisang Molen (IDR 50k)



Remember this childhood snack? Yes! It was the infamous pisang molen, which I believe every Indonesian definitely loved! I even still bought it very often until now :p. Not over-exaggerating, but I must admit this was one of the best molen I've ever had! The taste was quite different from the ones I usually bought from hawkers as the batter smelled and tasted so good! If I usually had pisang molen with a cup of hot coffee, this time I had it with coffee gelato. Guess what? It was certainly to die for!

Now, the turn for Elicxir's latest invention, which is distinctive from the ones created before, Miel Creme! It's basically organic milk Hokkaido ice cream, which was available to be served with your desired toppings.

Caramel Popcorn with Extra Organic Honey (IDR 34k)
 

So this was my choice for Miel Creme. Though this new invention was quite different to the previous ones, again it didn't fail to satisfy me. The milky taste from the soft ice cream was perfectly combined with the slightly sweet taste from the toppings, especially the honey. You needn't worry about getting fat as well as this one contained less fat and healthier ingredients.

For you who love experiments, Elicxir also gives you the choice to choose the gelato flavor you desire and add any toppings you love. The available flavors are milk chocolate (milo), avocado, marie regal, and strawberry sorbet. For the toppings, there are regular (honey peanuts, crunchy cornflakes, caramel sauce, cookie crumbole, oreo, pop rock candy, peanut butter wafer, honey gingerbread cookies, kitkat, caramel crunch, wafer, marie biscuits, soft oreo cake, chunky peanuts, chocolate sauce, M&M's, chocoalte chips) and premium (nutella, organic peanut butter, sugar cone, srikaya jam, spongy cheese cake, toblerone) ones. Additionally, besides gelato, you can enjoy some small bites, gelato shake, as well as waffle here.

Ok guys, I guess I'd better stop here, unless I will make you droll even more. Why don't you just go to the store and give it a try? One last thing, stay tune at Tummy Prosperity because I will always update this review on Elicxir with any new menu they launch because I've already been addicted to this gelato! :)

  Taste: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Place: 7.5/10
Price: 8.5/10
Thanks for reading! :)

Elicxir Artisan Gelato
Address: Kelapa Gading Mall (Gading Walk Island GF#01) & Central Park Mall (LG#259A)

Operating Hours: Mon-Sun 10 AM – 10PM, Fri-Sat 10AM – 11PM
Website . Facebook . Twitter . Instagram

 
Find me on:

Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment