Monday, August 25, 2014

Buttermilk-Waffle Addiction at Crematology Coffee Roasters



Heyhooo! I’ve been super addicted to coffee lately and yeah, here I was, giving a try on another coffee shop. Actually I had wanted to visit Crematology since several months ago, however there were always things (which I forgot what they were as well) making me cancel the plan. I firstly noticed this coffee shop when I had my dinner at Commune, which used to be located right above Crematology (just an additional info, Commune has moved to Lot 8 at SCBD). Since that time, I had been very curious to visit Crematology and just this weekend, I finally made it!


 


As you could see, compared to other common coffee shops, Crematology was actually far more spacious. The place could occupy quite many consumers. Moreover, I really loved the interior as for me, the designer had successfully made each corner looked different. The seat arrangement had been perfectly set as well, as you were given several choices starting from sofa, long squared table, small squared table, as well as round table.



One most important thing, I thought Crematology understood the consumers so well that they provided so many sockets that could be reached by almost all tables, and their wi-fi speed was highly satisfying. So if you are looking for a coffee shop where you can work while enjoying your coffee, seems like you have found your answer now.  

Cheese Bitterballen (IDR 32k)


Coming as a light starter, this one was actually satisfying enough although I had to admit that it was quite overpriced. Basically, it was just a very simple dish as the filling of this bitterballen was merely cheese. However, as I was a cheese lover, for me this Dutch-originated snack could be called as a lovely entrée.  

Buttermilk Waffles with Homemade Mixed Berry Compote & Vanilla Ice Cream (IDR 64k)

If I had to explain this waffle in just one word, I thought I would mention it as EXTRAORDINARY! I really really really love every single element of it. The buttermilk waffle smelled so good that I was really drooling while waiting for the baking process to be finished. Coming to the taste, the smell indeed did not lie as it was superb! The texture was so moist and the sweetness level was ideal. The fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries toppings as well as the additional big scope of vanilla ice cream had turned this waffle into a perfect combination served on a plate. Even now, when I was trying to make this review, I already missed it and just wanted to have more of it!

Hot Hazelnut Latte (IDR 34k)


The coffee itself tasted quite nice and that additional hazelnut syrup made it even better. If you noticed, there was something different with this latte if compared to the latte commonly served in other typical coffee shops. Yes, it used cup instead of glass. Unfortunately, the cup size was quite small. Actually, Crematology provided 2 choices for the size; regular and large. The price difference between these two was only IDR 5k. It’s my mistake that I forgot to ask them how big each size was, before making the order. As I chose the regular one, by the time I finished it, I still felt that I wanted some more :(  

Hot Caramel Latte (IDR 34k)




Not really different from the hazelnut one, this caramel latte also tasted great. The difference was basically only at the additional syrup mixed with the coffee. So, it’s just the matter of preference. Moreover, besides hazelnut and caramel, they also provided vanilla syrup.  

Besides coffee, Crematology also served various non-coffee beverages. So for you who don’t drink coffee, you needn’t worry as you still have so many great options. Moreover, they also have much more options for the foods, including heavy meals. I think surely there will be next visit and I hope I can realize it real soon! :)



Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


CREMATOLOGY COFFEE ROASTERS
Address: Jl. Suryo No. 25, Senopati
Phone: (021) 7278 0012
Operating hours: Mon – Fri 7.30am – 12am, Sat – Sun 9am – 12am
Twitter: @crematology 
Instagram: @crematology



Find me on:
Instagram: Jessica_Gaby 
Facebook: Jessica Gaby   
Twitter: @jessica_gaby   
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment