Friday, August 22, 2014

GB Bistro & Dessert, Another Dessert Heaven



I was really really happy when I heard that there was another restaurant opened in Senayan City. If you had read some of my previous posts, you might have known that I stayed super close to Senayan City and I could just go there by feet. If you noticed, what actually made me happy was the word ‘dessert’ put on the name of this restaurant. As a dessert holic, my eyes definitely blinked looking at this :p. Without no doubt, I decided to give GB Bistro a try right after its grand opening. Actually I wrote this review after visiting it for several times, so don’t be shocked if you found so many desserts reviewed later on. I definitely did not eat them at one time *hihi*.







The design of the venue blended classic and natural concept. The place was really spacious and cozy. If you were trying to find a place for chilling in Senayan area, GB Bistro should be put on your list. They sold quite wide range of foods, including the Western and the Indonesian ones. For the desserts, you had tons of choices as well! They had gelato, cakes, pancakes, waffles, and many many more, including the ones you rarely found in other places!

Lasagna (IDR 65k)



Actually, this was the first as well as the only savoury dish of GB Bistro I have ever tasted. The portion was just right for me, however it might be quite small for men or for you who had big appetite on savoury dish. Judging it based on the taste, for me it was just so so and I did not find something special. For me, they put too much tomato on this dish, making it cannibalize the flavor of other ingredients, particularly the meat and the cheese.

Warm Bread Pudding (IDR 55k)

Honestly, what did you think when you saw this one? Too mainstream? Boring? Or any other opinion? Yeah. This one might look so common and so simple. But trust me, this one was one of the must-try from GB Bistro desserts list! It had proven that simplicity was indeed the true sophistication. Although it was kinda simple, the taste of each ingredient was so rich! The texture was also brilliant as it was so moist. Most importantly, representing its name, this dish was indeed served warm as it was fresh from the oven! If you asked about the size, it was actually big enough to fully fill-in your tummy. Thus, I recommended you to share it with 1-2 people if you still wanted to enjoy other dishes. For the ice cream, actually this dish should go with vanilla ice cream. Nonetheless, you were always free to request for changing the flavor.  

Dark Chocolate Soil Dessert (IDR 55k)

“Euuhh..!” This might be the first expression shown by most of you who had just seen this dessert for the very first time. Conversely, some of you (especially the ones who were daily exposed to social media) might think this dessert was too mainstream since you almost saw its pictures on your social media account every day. As you might see, it was indeed look like soil with warms on it. But did you realize there was something quite weird here? For you who said yes, I guessed you were thinking about something similar to me. Yes, instead of being served in a pot, this dessert was served in a water jug, which was kinda weird because we found soil in a pot, instead of jug :p. Anyway, forget about that. So basically what was in this dessert? From what I tasted, I guessed it was dark chocolate brownie with oreo cookie crumble. And under that ‘disgusting yet delicious’ soil, they actually served one scoop of ice cream, whose flavor you could choose as well. For the worms, I believed all of you had known it since you were still cute little kids. It was definitely Yupi. In a nutshell, if you were a chocolate lover, you might give this a try!

Apple Crumble (IDR 55k)


First time seeing the dish served on the table, my heart danced right away! Not trying to over exaggerate it, but I was just SO SO SO happy looking at the huge portion. As you could see in the picture, yes, I was having like a sauce pan of super good-looking apple crumble. According to my judgment (which other people might either agree or disagree), basically there were 2 types of apple crumble; the one with big cuts of apples and the one with tiny cuts of apples. I personally loved the latter one and guess what, this one exactly matched my preference! I had fallen in love with this dish as it had ideal sweetness level, the apple was fresh, and the cookie crumble tasted exceptional. Additionally, that one scoop of ice cream put on top of the apple crumble had turned this dish into perfection, especially because you were allowed to choose the flavor you desired. This time, I chose Donkey Kong, which was basically peanut butter and crunchy chocolate gelato. The gelato itself was quite good though the peanut butter could not be strongly tasted.

Cannolo Siciliano (IDR 55k)

Bored with the mainstream ones? Then you should go for this! Cannolo Siciliano was GB Bistro’s version of Italian Cannolo with cream-cheese-filled cone rolls, topped with super generous amount of berries, and one scoop of your choice of gelato. For this cannolo, I gave a try for GB Bistro’s mascarpone ice cream. As a cheese fanatic, I SUPER SUPER LOVE THIS! The cream cheese filling was marvelous and I thought it was a wonderfully balanced blend of cheesy and sweet taste! Moreover, the berries toppings had perfectly delivered the refreshing sensation. And as I combined this with mascarpone ice cream, yes, it gave more and more cheesy taste which I loved uber much. Overall, I awarded this dessert as THE BEST DESSERT OF GB BISTRO (in my version)! For you the cheese lovers, you surely did not want to miss this!

Brown McNuts (IDR 59.5k)

This was one of the best-seller gelato sundaes from GB Bistro. It was basically the amazing combination of chocolate and coffee gelato, mixed with home-made chocolate and peanut butter sauce, and topped with caramelized nuts brownies chunks. For you who are craving for rich gelato mixture, without no doubt this is yours! The only thing I could ask for this dessert was just I wanted bigger portion :p

All in all, I highly recommended GB Bistro for those who were hunting for desserts. For you who were seeking for savoury dishes, you might give GB Bistro a try. I myself would definitely go back here to try more of the dishes from their menu. So, wait for my next review! ;)


Taste: Food (7/10), Dessert (8.5/10)
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for reading!


GB BISTRO & DESSERT
Address: Senayan City LG & Darmawangsa Square GF
Phone: (021) 7278 1245 & (021) 7278 8310
Operating hours: Mon – Thu 10am – 10pm, Fri – Sun 10am – 11pm
Facebook: GB Bistro
Twitter: @GBBistro
Instagram: @GBBistro 



Find me on:
Instagram: Jessica_Gaby 
Facebook: Jessica Gaby   
Twitter: @jessica_gaby   
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment