Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hot Chocolate Madness at Blacklisted

Hi fellas! How’s your weekend? I hope they are as awesome as mine. I really really love weekend because for me, weekend means culinary trip! Yes, sometimes I am just uber busy during the weekdays and I cannot go dining in any places I desire as time does not permit and yeah you know how ‘NICE’ Jakarta’s traffic is. But in weekend, I can enjoy the whole day just going around the city to find great foods and prepare to make you drool :p.  

So what’s the choice for this weekend? BLACKLISTED! What? Have I just had my lunch in a very bad restaurant so I blacklisted it? No no no. Blacklisted is the name of the place hehe (Sorry for giving cheesy jokes. Hihi. Peace!). Some of you might wonder why this place is named Blacklisted. Is there any special history behind it? Actually yes. It tries to remind people about what happened in England back then in 1675, when coffeehouses were banned by King Charles II as coffee was perceived to have dangerous effect. Lucky us that now we are free to drink coffee anywhere and anytime!

This weekend I visited Blacklisted at Lotte Shopping Avenue. The place was quite spacious and the design was very eye-catching. You could see coffee sacks at every corner, writing ‘There’s a story in everything’, which actually tried to remind people about coffee’s history. I really loved the way they decorated the place with boxes and cans as well. However, I only took some pictures of the space outside the restaurant as this was the non-smoking area, the place where I sat. I really wanted to capture the unique design of the space inside the restaurant, but I just could not stand the smell of the cigarette smoke :( .


Actually there were some dishes on the menu that I wanted to try. But this time, I just went there with my sister and our tummy definitely could not handle that much food as we just had our big breakfast in the morning. So we ended up ordering the signature dish of Blacklisted, the BLACKLISTED BURGER.



Blacklisted Burger (IDR 69k)

You don’t need to be afraid of the bun’s color as it definitely was not burnt bun and it did not taste bitter at all. In fact, this burger was so rich as it consisted of so many ingredients. You would find stack of onion rings, 100% ground Australian beef patty, beef bacon, melted mozzarella on the top of all the previous ingredients, and definitely the homemade charcoal bun itself. Additionally, your tummy will get additional happiness as you also got two side dishes, which were potato wedges and coleslaw. For me who loves anything sweet, this burger would definitely add one line into my list of most-favorite burgers. It had many sweet elements, such as the black bun, the sauces put on the burger, as well as the coleslaw. Mixed with the savoury taste from the perfectly-cooked beef patty and bacon as well as topped with super generous amount of molted mozzarella, this burger became a perfect combination for me. I really loved the bun as the texture was ideally soft. For you who love veggies, you needn’t worry. You could find fresh tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce inside the burger as well. There was just one thing making me feel a little bit disappointed with this dish today. As the potato wedges were out of stock, they were replaced by french fries :( (FYI, I don’t really like French fries). But if you were french fries lover, this might oppositely be a great news for you.

Sea Salt Caramel Latte (IDR 37k)

For beverages, my sister picked Sea Salt Caramel Latte, while I chose Hot French Chocolate with Marshmallow Brulee. The latte smelled so good, mixing the sweet scent of caramel and the strong scent of coffee. But when coming to taste, for me it was a bit too sweet, might be because they were too generous in giving the caramel as the caramel taste was quite strong.

Hot French Chocolate with Marshmallow Brulee (IDR 38k)

How about mine? I don’t know why but recently, I have been really in love with hot chocolate. This meant that I had quite high expectation for the hot chocolate I ordered. My favorite was the thick one, with strong chocolate taste. Guess what? By the time the waitress served my hot chocolate on the table, I was astonished! Whoever the barista was, I just wanted to say that I was really really in love with him for giving me this significant amount of flawlessly toasted marshmallow. Then before drooling even more, I quickly took a sip of my hot chocolate. And OMG, I wanna fly! It was super duper good! This was just exactly like what I desired, it was sweet, thick, and the chocolate taste was strong! It was served hot as well, which I really loved but rarely found as usually hot chocolate was served warm at other places (PS. I love hot beverages, and what I mean by hot is closer to very hot rather than warm). Enjoying it with the melted marshmallow would definitely be the taste I would always crave for starting from today (I even already miss it when writing this review :p).

For me, Blacklisted is definitely recommended. Their signature Blacklisted Burger and their Hot French Chocolate are must-try! I certainly will go back to this place and try the other dishes as there are many more of them, which I am highly curious about. I think Blacklisted offer complete package of delicious foods with tummy-satisfying portion, cozy place, great service, and affordable price.


Taste: 9/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 9/10

Thanks for reading! :)


BLACKLISTED
Address & Phone:
Lotte Shopping Avenue 1st floor (021 2988 9166) or Puri Indah Mall GF (021 582 3332)
Twitter: Blacklisted_ID    

Find me on:

Instagram: Jessica_Gaby 
Facebook: Jessica Gaby   
Twitter: @jessica_gaby   
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hola...nice post! Regards from Indonesian Foodblogger group :-)

    http://indonesianfoodblogger.com

    ReplyDelete