Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Owl-Latte-ing" at Roastwoods Cafe

Yeaahhh! Finally th week has come to its end, and here I am, coming up with another review. As you all might have known, coffee shop has recently becoming a very hip place for hang out in Jakarta. You can find so many new coffee shops in almost every part of this capital city of Indonesia. And last week, my choice was Roastwood. 


Lately, I have seen quite many posts about Roastwood decorating my Instagram’s homepage. Feeling curious, I then decided to give it a try. Located in Kuningan Village, it was actually quite hard for me to find Roastwood on this very first visit. So for you who decided to visit it, you’d better open its website first as they provided the location map there to direct you.


The place was not that spacious, but it was comfortable enough for chilling or working. The design was somehow simple, yet looked sophisticated. Bringing out the ‘Owl Theme’, you could find owl pictures painted at all the walls. Not only that, some cute owl miniatures also decorated its corners.





Roastwoods provided both indoor and outdoor spaces. Unfortunately, both of them were smoking area, which actually was bad news for me who really hate cigarette smoke. For the indoor one, they decorated the venue with big glass windows so the sunlight could come in and therefore, you would definitely get great pictures if you took some inside.  








Roastwoods Burger (IDR 62k)

Presentation wise, I was not really attracted with this burger as all I could see was only the egg when it was first served. However, when I finally found the melted mozzarella cheese and then looked at the sizzling brown potato wedges, I was quite cheered up. I then did a small autopsy on my burger to find what actually the toppings served on it. Actually, there was a quite thick-slice of patty under the egg, which sadly could not be seen as the too-large egg was covering it. Now it came to taste. For me, the burger was good, but I did not find something very exceptional on it. Roastwood might need to be more generous in giving the mozzarella cheese as well. Moreover, to create better presentation, my suggestion for Roastwood was either to put the patty on the egg and then mozzarella on top of it, or to make the egg slightly smaller so we could see the other toppings. What I really love from this dish was actually the potato wedges, which were not too greasy, and perfectly seasoned.

Owl Latte (IDR 35k)

This Owl Latte was one of the signature latte of Roastwood. The difference with another latte was actually the milk, as it used the condensed one. I took my first sip, thennn…. my mind was blown away! It taste soooo good! You did not need to add any sugar as it was already sweet enough. I really loved the latte art as well since it really represented the beverages name and it was just so cute having an owl picture on top of your coffee! For you who wanted to visit Roastwood, this one should never ever be missed! 



Cappuccino (IDR 28k)
 
Another coffee I tried was this cappuccino. I also loved the taste although I still preferred the Owl Latte one. This one might be your choice if you preferred to have your coffee unsweetened. You could add the sugar as you wished so it might suit your tastebud more. Overall, since Roastwood indeed had nice coffee, so the taste was also great.  


Actually, Roastwood still have lots of appealing dishes. One great thing about this coffee shop is they provide clear explanation about their dishes on the menu. And I have to admit that they are really smart in making it look so attractive yet funny. In a nutshell, this coffee shop surely deserves a try, especially if you are a latte lover!


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)

ROASTWOOD
Address: Kuningan Village GF, Jl. Karbela Timur No.1 (behind RS Mata Aini)
Phone: (021) 5290 3195
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 10am – 11pm
Facebook: Roastwoods Cafe
Twitter: @Roastwoods_cafe
Instagram: @Roastwoods_cafe
 


Find me on:
Instagram: Jessica_Gaby 
Facebook: Jessica Gaby   
Twitter: @jessica_gaby   
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

1 comment: