Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Shirokuma Cafe


Konnichiwa! Just by looking at the name of this cafe, you would have known that it had to sell something related to Japanese dishes. Yes, it was right. This cafe was named Shirokuma, which in Japanese meant White Bear. Why White Bear? It was simply because this animal loved icy weather. So the cafe wanted to reflect from its name that it sold something cold and originated from Japan.

Shirokuma cafe actually had become one of the trending topic of the food postings on social media. Looking at those pictures posted by some of my friends who had been there, my curiosity to taste the dishes of this cafe immediately occurred. The reason was basically because I really really loved Matcha! And yeah, finally I was here to try this new ‘happening’ cafe.

The place was quite small and sadly quite hot as it was decorated with big glass windows. As expected, all seats were occupied and I had to put my name on the waiting list. Sadly, I was the sixth person on the list and it seemed like those who had finished their dishes did not make any move to leave the cafe. I had been quite irritated when suddenly the waitress called my name as she had found a table for me. Fortunately, I was not coming with many people so it was easier for them to find a table for me. Yeay! You could see that wide smile on my face now.

SHIRATAMA PARFAIT (IDR 35k)


Without thinking further, I immediately ordered their signature dessert, Shiratama Parfait. It was matcha soft ice cream, combined with cornflakes, mocha, shiratama balls, red beans, and matcha jelly. If you did not want the ice cream flavor to be matcha only, you were free to request it to be changed into twist of vanilla and matcha. Or if you did not like matcha at all, you were also able to change it into vanilla only.

Actually, I had ever tried similar Matcha soft ice cream parfait before. They were Fuku Matcha’s, which I tried in Thailand, and Tsujiri Tea House’s, which I tried in Singapore. Comparing the portion of those two with Shirokuma, this Shiratama Parfait was actually quite small. However, considering that the price was also far cheaper, the small portion was acceptable. Moreover, Shirokuma was quite generous in giving the toppings for this parfait. Taste wise, Shirokuma’s matcha soft ice cream won the runner up position based on my opinion. For me, the best one was still Fuku Matcha’s, but yes, Shirokuma’s tasted better than Tsujiri’s.  

MATCHA CAKE PARFAIT (IDR 37k)

Wanting to try something different, my sister ordered their Matcha Cake Parfait. Basically, it was exactly similar to Shiratama Parfait besides this one had extra matcha cake. The Matcha Cake was great as it was so moist and surely, so Matcha (I meant the green tea taste was strong and satisfying)!

TERIMAYO DOG (IDR 42k)

Besides desserts, Shirokuma also served several savoury dishes, including the famous Japanese hotdog, which was usually called as J-dog. This Terimayo Dog was Japanese hot dog with teriyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, and Nori. The taste was satisfying enough and the portion was bigger than my expectation, which was definitely great. The teriyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise put on top of the delicious sausage made this dish become a great choice for snacking time! What I was curious about now was their black bun, which unfortunately I have not tried :(

There were some other dishes on the menu, which I have not tried since I had had my lunch at the time I visited Shirokuma. As I was still very interested about them, I surely would go back here some time :) 

Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


SHIROKUMA CAFE
Address: Ruko Crown Golf Blok A No. 32, Bukit Golf Mediterania, Jl. Marina Indah Raya, Pantai Indah Kapuk
Phone: (021) 2923 7523
Operating hours: Mon – Thu 12pm – 10pm, Fri – Sun 12pm – 12am
Facebook: Shirokuma
Instagram: @Cafe_Shirokuma


Find me on:
Instagram: Jessica_Gaby 
Facebook: Jessica Gaby   
Twitter: @jessica_gaby   
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

2 comments: