Monday, August 11, 2014

When French Meets Indonesian at Epilogue


When I firstly entered this restaurant, I was both amazed and confused with the decoration. As I had read that it was a French restaurant, I expected the interior to have French touch. However, what was in front of my eyes was 180-degree different. The design, the ambience, and even the scent were all so Indonesian! Moreover, instead of having modern outlook, the restaurant showed you the traditional Indonesian view, which I believed you would rarely find in any other restaurants nowadays. Filled in with some big sofas at every corner, the spacious venue looked like a very huge and cozy living room. Decorated by dim lighting and lots of candles, this restaurant perfectly created the luxurious yet romantic setting.  

 
 


To answer my curiosity about the design, I then did a little browsing on this restaurant and finally I found out that there was a reason behind this ethnic Indonesian scenery. Actually, the owner who was also the chef, Ms. Sandra Djohan, indeed wanted to blend Indonesian and French concept in Epilogue. So guess how the menu looked like? Yes! They were all French food merged with Indonesian flavor. Every single dish mentioned on the menu surely raised the curiosity of anyone who read it. Unfortunately, my friends and I had had our super early dinner before going to Epilogue so most of us only ordered the desserts and the beverages.

Complimentary Bread


Gambas Au Beurre D’escargot (IDR 130k)

 Good news for you that one of my friends ordered the main dish of Epilogue, which was this pasta. For you who love spicy dish, this one might be a great reference for you. It was basically spicy aglio spaghetti, mixed with large grilled prawn and escargot, and topped with chopped Parsley. The spaghetti was cooked al dente and you would definitely be able to find the savoury taste from the garlic butter as well as the spicy taste from the chili. The fresh prawn and escargot have turned this dish into a plate of perfection.

Chocolate Nutella Crepes with Vanillla Ice Cream (IDR 45k)


This dish was indeed a very simple one and it might look quite pricey. However, the generously-given Nutella filling and the perfectly-cooked thin crepes have made this dish becoming a satisfying closing for our dinner.

Melted Chocolate Lava Cake (IDR 40k)


Could you guess whose dessert is this? Yes it was surely mine! :p If you have read my reviews before, you might have known that I admired this dish so much and I ordered it very often. This time, I once again failed to move on and decided to order it. Actually one of the reason was the waiter recommended it as one of their most favorite desserts. The moment of truth then happened as I sliced the cake and the chocolate melted out. Thanks to the waiter for recommending this as it immediately became on the list of my most favorite chocolate fondant cake right after I had a spoon of it. The cake was so moist and the sweetness level of the melted chocolate was perfect! All I could wish after eating this cake was just having more of it without getting the calories :p

Death by Chocolate Mousse (IDR 45k)


This one actually belonged to my friend. Although the size was quite tiny, I still loved the presentation of this dessert. According to my friend, the texture was so delicate and the chocolate taste was great! So, for you who preferred light dessert to end the dinner, this might be the right choice for you.

Lychee Beer (IDR 60k)



If you love flavor beer, then there is one more reason for you to dine in Epilogue. I did not drink beer so I did not taste this one. However, my friend who loved flavor beer said that this one was recommended! As you could see, the portion was satisfying and the lychee topping was abundantly given.

Peach Smoothies (IDR 38)


Not much thing can be said about this one. Basically, it was simply refreshing, yet suitable for those who prefer the one that’s good for health.


Taste: 9/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 9.5/10
Price: 8/10

Thanks for reading! :)


EPILOGUE FRENCH RESTAURANT
Address: Jl. Cipete Raya No. 18-19, Fatmawati
Phone: (021) 7590 2451, (021) 7590 2457
Operating hours: Tue – Thu 10am – 10pm, Fri – Sat 10am – 11pm, Sun 10am – 9pm, Closed on Monday
Twitter: @RestoEPILOGUE



Find me on:
Instagram: Jessica_Gaby 
Facebook: Jessica Gaby   
Twitter: @jessica_gaby   
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment