Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Big Brunch-ing at The Fctry Bistro & Bar



Recently, it’s so hard to find spare time to write the review on places I visited. It’s either I had something to do with my office workloads or I was simply too tired and all I wanted to do was just sleep :p. But yeah, I guessed it’s right when people said that time’s about priority as you would always try to find time for something you prioritized. So here I am, finding time to write one more review for you to enjoy. However, before you continue reading, I want to apologize in advance as this time, the review will be very very short. But you needn’t worry! I promise I will come up real soon with another review, surely the LONGER one :))

So actually why it’s so short? Last weekend, I went to West Jakarta area to throw a birthday surprise for my friend there. Then, we ate lots of sweets for the breakie and I was already full at the time I was thinking of what to have for lunch. However, I didn’t want to miss this opportunity. Realizing that West Jakarta was far far away from my boardinghouse, so by the time I was here, I certainly had to try something new! And the choice went to The Fctry Bistro and Bar, one of the long-awaiting place I really wanted to visit.





As reflected by the name (although they removed all the vocals in the word), the place indeed looked like a factory. Decorated with pipes and machine-alike stuffs, you would feel as if you were an engineer in a production plant. I was impressed with the design and I found it so unique. It was simply just different from the common design of any booming restaurants or coffee shops. 


Having a full belly, it was quite hard to decide on what to eat. Usually, I would go for dessert. But this time, dessert was a NO NO. I had had too much sweets. Soooo, I then chose to order their signature brunch menu, The Big Brunch.

The Big Brunch (IDR 100k)


I was quite happy looking at the presentation of this dish as it was colorful and it seemed like there were so many ingredients inside it. As the name said, it was indeed a big brunch looking at the generous portion. Not only that, I thought you also agreed with me that this dish was so photogenic!

Now it came to the most important part, tasting! I always began with eggs when I tasted any breakfast or brunch menu. For me, the scrambled egg was good enough and I loved the quite strong blackpepper taste of it. Next was the carbo part, which was the Rösti. For you who were asking what Rösti was, it was a Swiss dish which was basically made of pan-fried coarsely grated potatoes. The Rösti was well-seasoned and the taste was nice enough. The grilled baby tomatoes on it were great as well. Then what’s next? I would rather go with the meat part first, which were the ham and sausages. Both of them had balanced salty and savoury level, but I was not really in love with them. Generally, the meat component of breakfast or brunch menu was the one I was really into, as well as the one that mostly impressed me. However, this time I did not taste something exceptional with the ham (though it tasted good enough), and I was slightly disappointed with the sausage as instead of chewy, the texture was more like minced meat for me. Saving the best for the last, I mentioned the mushrooms after all other components. Actually, they consisted of Enoki and either Creminis (baby portobellos) or Porcini (kinda similar to Portobello) (I was not sure as they somehow looked alike for me). They were indeed the crème de la crème of this dish as they were sauteed into perfection! If I had to have this dish again, I was willing to replace the giant sausage with these wonderfully taste mushrooms!

So, I just had one menu to share on this review and sorry once again for that. As I could not give you much reference on this place, there’s nothing wrong with giving it a try and perhaps this time you could be the one giving me suggestions on it :P


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10


Thanks for reading! :)

THE FCTRY BISTRO AND BAR
Address: St. Moritz Puri Indah-Electronic City, GF No. 93, Jl. Puri Lingkar Luar Barat
Phone: (021) 2911 1038
Operating hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 10pm, Sat – Sun 9am – 12pm



Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment