Thursday, September 11, 2014

Well-spent Brunch at Koultoura Coffee


It’s been quite a long time since I visited Koultoura for the first time. However, I can’t resist to write this review as I really really love this coffee shop. Not only due to the great coffee served there, but also the spacious place that has been designed with simple yet elegant concept. Unfortunately, I only took very few pictures at that time :(




 Croque Madame (IDR 45k)

One out of the many things I really love from visiting coffee shop is having breakfast menu. I have always been excited to try various breakfast menus from all coffee shops I visited. This time, this super cheesy dish has captured my interest. Without thinking too much, I picked Koultoura’s Croque Madame as the main dish for my brunch. Different from common Croque Madame, presentation wise, I thought this looked more like Croque Monsieur as it was topped with super generous amount of melted cheese instead of a sunny side up. Stuffed with grilled ham and egg, this simple dish was just perfect for me! As usual, the cheesier the dish was, the more I would love it! Not to forget, the golden brown potato wedges, which came as the side dish, were brilliant and I could finish them just in a blink. Very crispy and not greasy, one word, HEAVEN!  

Hot Mellow Chocolate (IDR 35k)



Actually, before visiting this place, I had done my little research on the foods and beverages served here. Yeah, you may have made a right guess if you thought that I did it through Instagram :p. First time looking at the picture of this Hot Mellow Chocolate, I immediately decided that I definitely should try this one! So here it was, my hot mellow chocolate was finally served on the table. The marshmallow was not dipped into the hot chocolate so you still could snap that beautiful latte art (or should I call it hot chocolate art? :p) before enjoying this drink. As you see, I was really happy as it came with quite generous portion if you compared it with other hot chocolate you generally found in other places.

When it came to taste, VOILA! If people say don’t judge a book by its cover, this time you surely may judge this beverage by its appearance. Not only looked wonderful, the taste was indeed amazing as the chocolate flavor was so strong and the texture was quite thick. For you chocolate lover, you might have the same opinion with me that ‘This is just SO ME!’. Additionally, your happiness would be completed with those two big marshmallows dipped in the hot chocolate. Just one thing, I thought it might be even better if they used smaller marshmallows so they could melt easier :). But most importantly, this is one of my most favorite hot chocolate now!

Fluffy Latte (IDR 40k)


If you were an ice cream and a coffee lover as well, this Fluffy Latte would perfectly suit you. Fluffy Latte was basically a glass of cold latte, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This one might also be the answer for you who found that the coffee flavor of Affogato was too strong. As it was served cold, it did not only deliver the great taste of the high quality coffee, but also the refreshing sensation that was very ideal for this hot and sunny Jakarta. 


Koultoura coffee is highly recommended for you who are trying to find a coffee shop, which does not only sell the high quality taste, but also the cozy place. I really wish they opened a branch in South Jakarta area so it would be more reachable for me :p. I promise I will be one of the most loyal customers if it is realized!

Taste: 9/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


KOULTOURA COFFEE
Address: Jl. Taman Ratu Indah Blok AA2 No. 33, Green Ville
Phone: (021) 2952 0310
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 9am – 10pm



Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment