Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pleasant Korean Lunch at Gomawo

Located at Ruko Crown Golf at Pantai Indah Kapuk, this restaurant is one of the abundant Korean restaurants available in the area. Similar to common Korean restaurants, Gomawo also brings Korean theme for its design. The venue itself consists of two separated areas, the smoking and non-smoking ones. If you sit in the non-smoking one, you will have your food grilled on your table. Whilst at the smoking one, they have dedicated grilling space.



Complimentary Side Dishes

There were several side dishes served, including fish cake, kimchi, fried cucumber, eggplant, fried tofu, and corn. My most favorite was the fried cucumber, which had very unique taste. I somehow felt that it tasted like fried sliced potato. Besides that, I did love the fish cake as it was chewy and yummy. Not to forget, Gomawo also provided steamed egg, which was put on the grilled pan. I really really love its smooth texture!





8 Flavours of Samgyeopsal (Curry & Honey) – IDR 110k/200gr






Hearing that this was the signature dish of Gomawo, I then decided to order it. However, as I only dined with my sister, we couldn’t order too big portion. This sadly made us unable to try the whole 8 flavours. Instead, we could only have 2 of them as we only ordered 200gr of the Samgyeopsal (pork belly). We chose curry and honey. The portion was quite satisfying and the taste was not bad. Combining it with the fresh veggies and the various side dishes made it became more enjoyable. Just 1 thing, I actually couldn’t differentiate the curry one with the honey one as for me, the flavor was too mild, making the taste of these two to be almost similar.

Buldak (IDR 80k)



I firstly thought that Buldak was fried chicken covered in batter, then topped with melted mozzarella cheese and spicy sauce. Conversely, the chicken wasn’t covered by any batter. Luckily, the taste was luscious as the chicken perfectly absorbed the spicy sauce. Moreover, the abundantly given melted mozzarella cheese indeed came as an exceptional complement. I ordered zero spiciness level as when I wanted to order 5th, the waiter said that it was very spicy, even people ordering the 1st level found it super hot. Apparently, it was not right to listen to the waiter this time. For me, this Buldak tasted sweet instead of spicy. Though I still loved the taste so much, I guessed it would be more delightful if served spicier.

Tea (IDR 12k)

I actually wanted to order their tea of the day, which was the tea you commonly found in any Korean restaurant. However, the waiter mentioned that it was still being boiled. I was quite disappointed because it was already 1pm, which supposed to be lunch time, but they somehow looked not well-prepared yet. I then ordered tea, which I requested to be neither cold nor hot. The waiter had repeated the order, but then he wrongly brought me cold tea. Requesting the waiter to change it to the right one, I finally had my order. Unfortunately, the taste was quite weird. I guessed it’s because of the bad taste of the water used to make this tea :( . 
  
Overall, I think Gomawo’s foods are quite nice but still have room for improvement. The place is actually comfortable for spending quite long time. However, the service needs to be fixed to avoid any customer dissatisfaction.

Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


Gomawo Korean Grill & Restaurant
Address: Ruko Crown Golf Blok B No. 32a-33, Pantai Indah Kapuk
Phone: (021) 2952 5858
Operating Hours: 11.30am – 11pm


Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment