Monday, November 17, 2014

Overwhelmed by Amazing Dishes at Shirayuki

There’s no greater news than knowing that I was finally able to visit this newly hip place in town, Shirayuki! Yeah, great for me as I could try it, and great for you as you could now read the review :p
 

Located near PIK Fresh market and right across Tsu Chi school, it was actually quite easy to find the place. At this first visit, I came too early as I thought it opened at 11.30am instead of 12.00pm. Thus, I had to wait for around 30 minutes before the outlet opened. Luckily, the owner was so nice as he allowed me to wait inside. Tons of thanks to him as it was extremely hot at that time! I became the very first customer at that time, but as expected, it did not take long time before people started to come. The venue was even fully occupied before the restaurant opened.



Talking about the venue, it was actually big and cozy enough. The design was simple, but it somehow tried to make the guests felt the Japanese ambiance. Mostly using wooden materials for the decoration, this place just looked so lovely and photogenic.

Related to the service, not only the owners, the waiters & waitresses were very friendly and helpful as well. Since I was not familiar with the menu yet, I asked quite many questions but I was so happy that they could give me all the information I desired.

Bolognaise Gratin (IDR 38k)





As a cheese lover, I was certainly unable to resist trying this cheesy dish. Though it was not a traditional Japanese dish, I was still attracted to order it. Simply said, it was mac and cheese, mixed with minced beef and chicken. The portion was not that big, but fulfilling enough for me. The macaroni was cooked al dente, and the abundant melted cheese was definitely the star of the dish. Combined with the tasty meat and the luscious bolognaise sauce, this dish was doubtlessly a must-try.  

White Winter Wonderland (IDR 37k)
  

Now, dessert time, the part that always made me feel very excited to write. So this was one of the most ‘happening’ desserts of Shirayuki. Serving cotton candy tree, warabi mocha, and soft ice cream together on a wooden board; this giant size dessert successfully became an attention-taker. I could not give you much information about the taste since I did not order this and I just took a picture of it when it was served on the table next to mine. Yeah, I basically did not fancy cotton candy even since I was a child. So for this one, you might have to try it by yourself :)

Fried Chocolate Mars Bar Fusion Set with Chocolate Syrup (IDR 37k)



Though this dessert came inquite simple presentation, you shouldn’t judge the taste from the appearance. This one served you sophisticated taste, created by impressive innovation. I have tasted fried Oreo and fried Beng-beng before, but this was my first time trying fried Mars Bar. Since I was indeed a fan of Mars, thus you needn’t ask me how it tasted as I would definitely say that it was recommended! Most importantly, the most enjoyable part of the dessert, the Kashoku soft ice cream. You might be unaware of this, as it’s correct that no other Japanese restaurant has ever served this flavor before. It was basically made of nuts so if you were a nuts lover, it seemed like you have your call now. However, though you’re not into nuts, I highly suggested you not to miss this. I believed the unique taste would be able to pamper your taste bud and please don’t ever blame me if you get addicted :p

Shiratama Matcha Parfait (IDR 35k)
  

From all desserts menu of Shirayuki, I personally thought that this parfait was the crème de la crème! The soft ice cream had balanced sweetness and quite strong matcha taste. Not enough being photogenic, this dessert also brought you a super rich combination served in a glass. You could get the chance to enjoy one of the best mixtures of Matcha soft ice cream I’ve ever seen. Which topping did you want; Shiratama Mochi, cornflakes, ogura coffee jelly, crystal jelly or biscuits? Ok stop thinking, because you would get all! Yes, all of them! And please note that all of them tasted amazing, especially the chewy mocha and the coffee jelly. Be careful once again, as you might want to have your second portion after the first-try. I even already wanted to have it again when I was writing this sentence.

Ocha (IDR 14k)


Different from other Ocha I usually had in other places, this one was greener and indeed had thicker taste, which I simply loved.


All in all, you should have no reason for saying no to Shirayuki. It provided you a complete package of delicious main courses, remarkable desserts, pleasant service, as well as expedient place. Just one advise, please do come earlier, otherwise please expect yourself stuck in the long queue. For you who have tried some of their dishes, I guessed coming again for their other dishes would be irresistible. Besides, the owner also kept continuous improvement on the taste. I knew this as she came to me, asking suggestions for betterment and even trying o dig more information about my preference and wishes for their dishes.

Taste: 9/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)

Shirayuki
Address: Rukan Emerald, Pantai Indah Kapuk
Phone: (021) 2408 0570
Operating hours: Fri – Wed 12.00pm – 10.30pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

2 comments:

  1. Enakan mana sama shirokuma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gw lebih doyan ini.hehe. toppingnya lebih rich dan lebih enak2. kalo Matcha soft ice creamnya, more or less similar. anw ini jg punya Kashoku soft ice cream, made from mixed nuts :)

      Delete