Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blissful Desserts at North Pole Cafe

Hola people! I was beyond happy today as finally (*sigh*) I could manage to visit one of the abundant recently hip places in town! Yes, my parents are currently visiting Jakarta and I do have to accompany them going here and there so it’s quite hard to be able to catch up with those newly opened restaurants. I’m also quite overwhelmed looking that there are so so so many new places opens simultaneously.




Sooo. Let’s get back to the topic, North Pole. Just opened a couple of week ago, you definitely had to expect long queue when visiting this place. It was located very close to Shirokuma, another happening dessert spot at Pantai Indah Kapuk. At the time I visited North Pole, I had to wait for awhile (read: queue number 5) before getting a seat. Luckily, the waiters and waitresses were so friendly and helpful that most of the guests did not mind to wait. Moreover, once I got my table and made the order, I did not have to wait for long time to get my desserts served on the table.




The venue itself is indeed not that spacious and therefore, it can only accommodate more or less 35 to 45 people. The design is dominated by three husky friends namely Coco, Cream, and Waff, which are the main characters of North Pole. It’s actually simple yet cute enough. I personally think that the venue is quite cozy for chilling, despite that it’s super crowded.




If you have been wondering what are the dishes offered by North Pole, then you needn’t worry as I’ll answer your curiosity right after this. So basically, this new cafe mostly serves desserts, focusing on Gelato. It provides various innovative menus, which are mainly themed with Gelato. However, there are also several pasta dishes, some finger foods, and lots of unique beverages provided. For the gelato itself, there are many flavors available here which are classified into 2 big groups; regular and premium. The regular one consists of lemon, bubblegum, mango, choco lemon, strawberry, banana, almond cherry, vanilla, oreo, forest berry, thai tea, salted caramel, and hazelnut crunch. On the other hand, the premium group only has three members; diablo beer, choco ferrero, and baileys.

Smoky Pan (IDR 68k)





The winner of most stunning presentation went to this first dessert, Smoky Pan! Serving 6 scoops of gelato with various flavors (Thai Tea, Forest Berry, Bubblegum, Choco Lemon, Lemon sorbet and Almond Cherry) on a smoky pan, whose smoke was basically created by the dry ice, this menu would surely drive people’s attention. Though you could not choose the flavors by yourself, I was pretty sure that the ones served would not disappoint you since all of them tasted wonderful. As some tasted sweet while some were sour, together they created a perfect balanced of flavors. My most favorite was Thai Tea and Lemon Sorbet. The Thai Tea flavor had the right sweetness level and it let you get a new way to enjoy Thai Tea. On the other hand, the Lemon Sorbet had very light texture and was so refreshing. Additionally, you could enjoy those gelato with the toppings of fruity pebbles and whipped cream!

Ferrero Waffle Pop (IDR 42.5k)



Who doesn’t love Ferrero? I’m a Ferrero addict and that’s why my heart was dancing when I noticed this Ferrero Waffle Pop mentioned on the menu. Again, this one also came in impressive presentation. For you who loved to enjoy your gelato with various toppings, then this menu was created special for you. Blending corn flakes, vanilla gelato, chocolate, crushed Ferrero Rocher, and quarter-sized waffle; this one would also suit the appetite of any chocolate fan. I extremely enjoyed every single component put into the glass. They might sound simple, but when mixed into one, the taste was indeed superb!

Thai Tea Gelato with Fruit Loops Cone (IDR 30k + 15k)



When I firstly saw pictures of North Pole dishes, this Fruit Loops cone was the one that dragged my attention. Yes, this might be the simplest one among all innovative dessert menus available here, but I found it to be the most interesting. Surprisingly, the colorful Fruit Loops were not only eye-catchy, but also able to create colorful flavors on my taste bud. As I combined it with my most favorite gelato flavor in North Pole, Thai Tea, this dessert was flawlessly irresistible.

Baileys Gelato with Fruit Loops Cone (IDR 35k + 15k)


Not only with Thai Tea, I also tried to enjoy the Fruit Loops Cone with Baileys Gelato, which was one of the premium flavors in North Pole. The taste was nice enough and this might be the correct choice for you who preferred your gelato to be not too sweet. Just one input, I guessed it would be even better if the baileys flavor could be slightly stronger.

Thai Tea and Salted Caramel with Cone


As my family and I really really love the Thai Tea flavor, we decided to order more of it (please don’t get shocked or laugh at us, and bear in mind that we’re indeed sweet-tooth lovers). To give more excitement, we also added salted caramel flavor. Guess what? My mind was blown away once I had my first lick on this flavor. Not trying to over-exaggerate it, but this flavor was heavenly delicious! Mixing it with my most favorite Thai Tea flavor, this one has perfectly closed my dessert time at North Pole.

Having read my review, I guessed you have known how in love I am with North Pole now. Doubtlessly, it has entered my long list of favorite spots for desserts, particularly gelato. Though it’s indeed quite pricey, but I think the price paid does worth the blissful taste of all their desserts. So if you are an ice cream or gelato flavor, trust me you don’t want to miss this one (PS. I am not paid or whatsoever to write this). I will unquestionably go back here to try their other desserts and of course, to have their Thai Tea and Salted Caramel again!


Taste: 9/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


NORTH POLE CAFE
Address: Ruko Crown Golf Blok A No. 57, Pantai Indah Kapuk
Operating Hours: Mon – Sun 11am – 10pm
 

Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

1 comment:

  1. All of the ice cream looks sooooo tempting!!
    Going to my waiting list: ice cream to try, haha!

    High Five!
    Born To Bite

    ReplyDelete