Thursday, December 4, 2014

Coffee and Beyond at Chronicle

I have been very curious about Chronicle even since the very first time I saw the postings of the foods and beverages served in this cafe. My inquisitiveness increased further more by the time I knew that they served the coffee of Common Grounds. Geez, that’s one of my favorites!


Stopping myself from envying those who had visited Chronicle, I then had my lunch at this hip coffee shop last weekend.  Though the venue was not too big, it was so homey that I immediately put it into my list of to-be-revisited coffee shop. I already could imagine myself spending my whole day either working or chilling there, while sipping my cup of addiction (read: coffee).




The wooden-themed decoration was so adorable, and even the furniture, perfectly matched it. I guessed your desire for taking good pictures might be fulfilled here. I was so in love with their short wooden chair, which was extremely photogenic. Thanks for the perfect coffee-shop prop, Chronicle! :)

Besides, the service was pleasant, perfectly complementing the welcoming ambiance. The owner was even stand-by at the coffee, ensuring everything went well. She visited each table, asking about the guests’ opinion on the dish and what they could do for improvement. I had to admit that I was quite impressed.

Traditional Belitung Noodles (IDR 45k)


As I’ve heard from so many people that this dish was the most recommended one, I did try it. Actually, it was a very unique combination as it was traditional dish, which I believed using traditional recipe for the broth and toppings; however the noodles were using spaghetti. The spaghetti itself was cooked al dente, and the broth surprisingly brought out the combination of sweet, sour, and savory taste just like the well-known Nano-nano! The toppings of prawn fritters and fried tofu were abundantly given so you needn’t worry about running out of toppings.  Overall, this dish was quite lovely, but my taste bud would admire it more if it’s slightly saltier.

Buttermilk Chicken Burger (IDR 70k)



I ordered this dish since it was the first dish of Chronicle, which successfully made me drool just by looking at its picture. As seen, it was indeed very photogenic; not only due to the amazing presentation but also the giant size. The bun was surprisingly tasty, I guessed it’s because buttermilk was spread on it before being grilled. It was indeed luscious, but it also made the bun become little bit oily. If you didn’t mind with that, then just enjoy the taste :p. How about the most important part of the burger (read: the patty)? Coming in generous portion, the fried chicken was crispy outside and moist inside. The batter’s thickness was ideal and the taste was succulent. Combined with slightly melted cheddar cheese and fresh lettuce, the burger successfully pampered my taste bud, though I had to admit that the mixture served was quite simple.

Cappucino (IDR 30k)
  

I guessed I didn’t have to talk much about this. As I basically loved Common Ground’s coffee, this cup surely satisfied my morning-coffee craving. If you asked me how the coffee actually tasted, I loved it as the coffee taste was quite strong, yet the acidity level perfectly suited my preference.

Latte (IDR 35k)


Want something milkier than the cappucino? Try their latte! :)

Mocha (IDR 35k) 



For you who preferred chocolate touch in your coffee, you could go for this exceptional Mocha. At first, I thought it was hot chocolate, looking at the quite dark color. However, you needn’t worry as the chocolate flavor and the coffee flavor were flawlessly balanced. This was now one of my triggers for going back to Chronicle.

Go Man-Go! (IDR 32k)



Funny name? Indeed! For me, it sounded like the name of a super hero LOL. This bright-colored beverage was basically the blend of mango and yoghurt. The texture was so thick that you might be half-full just by having this. The taste was so refreshing, combining sweet taste from the mango and slightly sour taste from the yoghurt. I highly recommended you to try this smoothie. If you’re mango lover, you undoubtedly didn’t want to miss this.



This time, following the crowd and giving a try for Chronicle was certainly a right choice. Even, I thought Chronicle would now belong to my list of coffee-shops-to-go either for chilling or for working. I highly recommended their beverages, both the coffee-based one and the smoothie as well. Hopefully Chronicle could invent more delightful beverages to enjoy in the near future :)


Thanks for Reading! :)


Chronicle
Address: Jl. Wijaya 2 No. 73
Phone: +62 821 8888 1538
Operating hours: Mon – Fri 10.30am – 10.00pm, Sat – Sun 10.30am – 02.00am



Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment