Friday, December 26, 2014

High Quality Dishes with Exclusive Hotel Ambiance

First time coming to Otel Lobby, I thought the restaurant was closed as the entrance door was tightly closed and there was no one standing in front of the restaurant. I was still standing in front of the door when the waitress suddenly opened it and greeted me. First-time looking at the design, I was stunned for a few seconds. I knew that the restaurant’s name was Otel Lobby but I didn’t expect that it exactly looked like the lobby of a hotel. I was super impressed with the idea they used for the interior. They highly paid attention to details as it wasn’t only the furniture that tried to give you the hotel ambiance. There were also supplements like receptionist desk, stairs, big clock, suitcases, and even trolleys.  





 
This restaurant was highly spacious, providing both indoor and outdoor area. As it brought out the hotel theme, you could find various versions of tables and chairs; the long one with many chairs, the small squared one, and even the round one with round chair. The outdoor area was nicely decorated as well though it was indeed quite hot to sit there.

 

 



Another fun fact, the head chef of Otel Lobby is actually the co-owner as well. Experienced in French cuisines, she delivered the fusion of French and Indonesian taste in Otel Lobby. Moreover, to provide the guests with high-quality dishes, Otel Lobby built close relationships with local farmers to get the finest raw materials for what they served.

 
Talking about the service, unfortunately I was quite disappointed with it. Based on what I saw, the restaurant had quite many waiters and waitresses. However, when I wanted to make my order, it took them quite long to finally come to my table. Moreover, another long time was taken to prepare for the dishes, while at that time, there were only few guests dining in. When I finally had the food served on the table, I was just hoping for one thing, the dishes should be impressive to cure my displeasure.
 
 
Soft Warm Bun with Beef (IDR 50k/2pcs)




As the appetizer, I had this soft warm bun, which was mostly known as bakpao. They had 3 choices of toppings; crispy duck, chicken, and beef. This time I picked beef. Having my first bite, I was so happy that my wish came true. Combining grilled beef, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise, and fried onion on top; this dish was surely a perfect curer for my mood and it was indeed a flawless starter. The beef was so tender and not greasy at all, while the bun was so moist. Luscious!

Grilled Beef Tongue (IDR 125k)

 Moving to the main course, I had Grilled Beef Tongue, which was served with housemade kimchi and garlic fried rice. I was not sure what was put on top of the beef tongue, but it looked like foam and it didn’t have any significant flavor. Taste wise, both my friend who was a tongue-lover as well as I who was the opposite, thought that there was nothing special with the beef tongue as it was just similar to the common one we had in other places. However, we did love the taste of the garlic fried rice as it was well-seasoned and the garlic touch was strong enough.

Beef Wellington (IDR 185k)


The next beef-themed dish I had was Beef Wellington, which was basically grilled beef served with mushroom duxelles and puff pastry.  This dish came in quite huge portion, so no wonder it was quite pricey. Stuffed into the puff pastry, the beef was juicy and tender, despite that it was a little bit too salty. Moreover, I really loved the crispy texture of the puff pastry, which came as the perfect companion to the beef.

BBQ Beef, Parmigiano, and Garlic Chip Pizza (IDR 85k)



The last beef dish on the table was this stone-baked pizza. Mainly topped with generous amount of barbeque beef, this dish successfully pampered my taste bud. The pizza crust itself tried to deliver the fusion of French and Indonesian as it was neither too thin, nor too thick. Besides the beef, the pizza was even enriched with additional toppings of Parimigiano and garlic chip, giving more scrumptious flavor to be enjoyed.

Roasted Chicken (IDR 85k)


This roasted chicken was the only chicken dish of Otel Lobby, which I’ve tried. Distinctive from the common roasted chicken I had had in other restaurants, this time it’s served with fried rice and bread salad. I guessed the chef wanted to give Indonesian touch on this dish as well, as you know that when an Indonesian hasn’t had rice, he hasn’t eaten yet. As you might have guessed, this dish was really fulfilling since the chicken portion was huge and it was accompanied by fried rice. Nevertheless, it was really gratifying until the very last spoon as the doneness level of the chicken was precise and the taste was unquestionably delightful. Not to mention, the yummy fried rice and the refreshing salad; both of which came as additional happiness for me.  

Grilled Salmon (IDR 115k)



Having had beef and chicken, now it’s the turn for fish. The beautifully grilled salmon came with braised shiitake, spinach, and wasabi mashed potato. Again, the salmon’s portion was satisfying and it was cooked into perfection. The crispy skin was a mind-blowing one, which you definitely wanted to keep, to be enjoyed after you finished any other components of the dish. The shiitake and the spinach together added not only more flavor, but also more healthy components into the plate. Lastly, the mashed potato which was simply enjoyable with its soft and creamy texture.

Slow Cooked Salmon (IDR 115k)



Another salmon but with different cooking style. This time, it was served with confit potato and hollandaise sauce. Though I really enjoyed the previous one, this second salmon dish was even far better! The salmon was so moist that it immediately melted once it touched your taste bud. The confit potato was heavenly succulent as well and it did balance the taste of the salmon as the main actor. The matchless component from this dish was the hollandaise sauce, which you might usually have with breakfast menu containing eggs. Surprisingly, this invention turned out wonderful!

Local Duck Confit (IDR 85k)
 



Finally, we arrived at the last food on the table, duck confit. Yes, it was another type of meat! LOL. Usually, I did not like duck as I found it having too much fat. Nonetheless, this one amazingly turned to be an exception. I was extremely in love with it. Though I did have to remove the fat part, I was really really impressed with the taste. The sauce, which was combined with onion, flawlessly blended sweet and savoury flavors.

Hot Chocolate (IDR 35k)


For beverage, I opted for hot chocolate. The taste was quite nice, but I preferred it to have thicker texture and stronger chocolate taste.

Having had complete types of meat; from beef, chicken, fish, and duck, I could say that I was highly satisfied with my dining experience in Otel Lobby. All the dishes have proven that they did serve first-class taste and quality. Two thumbs up!

Taste: 9/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


OTEL LOBBY
Address: Epicentrum Walk GF, Jl. HR Rasuna Said, Kuningan
Phone: (021) 2994 1324
Operating hours: Sun – Thu 11am – 12am, Fri – Sat 11am – 2am
 

Find me on: 

Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment