Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ineffable Cuteness at Cake A Boo

Let’s say welcome to this cutie pie! Cake A Boo is definitely a place, where you can find not only uber cute design, but also super adorable desserts. As I took my first step into the café, I was immediately amazed by the decoration. I felt like I was brought back to years ago, when I was still a little child who extremely cherished playground. Yes, the decoration of the venue would surely raise the child aura within you. It was so bright and colorful. Love love love it so much! It’s just like I could stay forever here :p



The venue was not too spacious and I guessed it could only accommodate around 50 people. The most appealing one was unquestionably the dessert conveyor, located at the front part, which I thought was the first one ever existed in Jakarta. As at the sushi bar, you could immediately take any desserts you wanted from the belt.




Besides, there were also waiters and waitresses who were always ready to serve you. As expected, the queue was quite long when I visited Cake A Boo. Luckily, it didn’t take long time for me to get a table, thanks to the owner who was very responsive and fast in serving the just-coming guests. Not only that, the waitress also came and served me right after I occupied my seat. The only thing that made me disappointed from the service was I was told that the Mighty Green Parfait had been sold out, but then I saw the waitress brought it out from the kitchen and served it on another table, whose guests made order after me. Boo yeah, don’t you know how much I want to try that? :(



Okay, to keep your excitement on, let’s forget that and go right away to what’s on the table! And before that, great news for you that I visited this place with my amazing foodie friends, so we could order a lot (Sharing is caring, isn’t it?). Woohoo!

Green Dome (IDR 30k)



Green Dome was basically green tea mousse with ogura brulee at the center of it. Though I really love green tea, I was not into this cake. I thought the mousse was too light and airy. Besides, I could barely taste both the green tea flavor and the ogura brulee.

Cheese Trap (IDR 30k)


Served with peanut butter on top and white chocolate covering the sides, this baked cheesecake would certainly remind you of the cheese you’ve always seen in any cartoon movies. As the texture was light, this cheesecake was quite similar to Japanese cheesecake. Combined with the slightly salty taste from peanut butter and the sweet taste from white chocolate, it was quite lovely though it hasn’t belonged to my favorite list yet.

Coco Cake (IDR 30k)


 

Presentation wise, this cake might belong to the winner groups; but unfortunately, the taste spoke different thing. Bringing the mixture of passion fruit mousse, vanilla sponge, and infused coconut sauce; it tasted quite sour. Moreover, there was a special indescribable scent in it, which tasted weird for me.

Volcano (IDR 35k)

 
With its heart-stealing appearance, this cake looked as if it was calling you once you saw it available on the dessert conveyor. Coming to taste, it was an exquisite blend of chocolate rum mousse, chocolate crumble, strawberry sauce, and erupted chocolate sauce. If you’re a chocolate enthusiast, this one should be on your must-try list.

Tamaya Roll (IDR 25k)


The most unique one might be this Tamaya Roll as it consisted of sticky glutinous rice and thousand layers of srikaya crepes as the topping. Yes, presentation wise it might look attractive, but as for taste, I thought this cake might need additional topping besides the srikaya crepes only. I could barely taste the srikaya flavor and thus, it’s like eating sticky glutinous rice only, making the cake become too plain to be called as dessert.

Dice Cake (IDR 25k)


Although the actual version of this cake was smaller than the pictures I had seen before, but the cuteness was indeed the same! At first, I was not attracted with this one, reading the description that it was vanilla sponge with marshmallow and oreo layer, because I personally preferred creamy cake than the spongy one. However, I did decide to try it and surprisingly, it tasted so good! The sponge cake was so moist and the sweetness level was just right! Besides, the marshmallow and oreo layer truly became perfect complement for this cake.

Miko’s Cake (IDR 35k)



Miko’s cake delivered a flawless mix of various caramel-based elements; starting from caramel mousse, crunch caramel, and melted salted caramel sauce. Since I loved creamy cake and I extremely adored caramel, this cake was conclusively a mind-blowing one for me. If you do love sweet cakes, of course you don’t want to miss this one.

Nutella Burger (IDR 35k)


Finally, the most ‘happening’ Nutella Burger, which was basically red velvet bun, nutella patty, and assorted fruits. According to the waitress, this was the best-selling menu from Cake A Boo. Apparently, I did agree with her as I saw that this cake was available on almost all tables. Luckily, this cake didn’t only have alluring look, but also tasted remarkable. Though the red velvet taste was not strong, but the soft texture of the bun was undeniably lovely. For the ‘patty’, I guessed no further explanation needed from me. Who on earth didn’t love Nutella? Served together with fruits, it let you get the complete blend of sweet, chocolaty, and refreshing taste.

Choco Bear Parfait (IDR 35k)



Having cake alone without any ice cream would be an incomplete dessert session. Besides, all the parfait of Cake A Boo did look so tempting. As I mentioned in prior, I really wanted the Mighty Green one. As I was unable to get it, I then ordered this Choco Bear Parfait instead. Unpredictably, this one turned to be my current most favorite dessert from Cake A Boo! Comprising of chocolate ice cream, chocolate caviars, chocolate panna cotta, and chocolate sponge; this dessert was not only too cute to be true, but also too rich to be true. If I previously said that Volcano was a must-try cake for the chocolate enthusiast, then this Choco Bear would be the must-try parfait! Having these two served together, any chocolate fanatic would surely get their tummy prosperity moment.


Shortly said, there’s nothing wrong with giving Cake A Boo a try, especially if you have gotten very curious looking at the postings of so many people about this new hip place at the social medias. Though some of their desserts did not suit my taste bud, but some were doubtlessly worth trying. So, you might have to try it yourself. At least, better than keeping your curiosity forever :)  

Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


Cake A Boo
Address: Ruko Garden House B 22, Pantai Indah Kapuk
Phone: (021) 2903 2922
Operating hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 10pm



Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment