Monday, December 22, 2014

Ohka Japanese Restaurant, The Hidden Treasure in PIK



PIK has been well-known as one of the foods paradises in our beloved capital city, Jakarta, and from the abundant restaurants available there, Japanese foods are one of the best-selling ones. If I ask you to mention 5 Japanese restaurants in PIK, you might easily do it. However, I’m pretty sure that many of you are still unaware of Ohka. So, let me introduce you to this impressive Japanese restaurant I just visited last weekend.





Located close to the currently happening Shirayuki, Ohka is very easy to be found. Actually, this restaurant is not a new comer in PIK. Nevertheless, the traffic’s mostly created by Japanese instead of Indonesian. For me, this restaurant is like a hidden treasure, which I’ve just found. The first thing from Ohka, which I immediately fell for, was the design. Bringing out the theme of authentic Japanese, you could see wooden furnitures, lanterns, and sakura at every corner. The venue is quite spacious, providing both indoor and outdoor areas. The outdoor one was so lovely as it was complemented with trees scenery, making you feel as if you were dining in Japan. Unfortunately, it was quite hot there so we preferred to dine in the indoor one.





At my visit, the restaurant was very crowded. I even had to wait until I finished my lunch then I could took a picture of the venue :p. Happily, my friends and I did receive very welcome service from the manager and the waitresses. They quickly set a table for us and immediately offered the menu when we've just arrived at the restaurant. As we were still clueless about what to order, they then came up with their best-sellers. So, let’s check what’s on our table.
  

Karaage Miso Ramen (IDR 56k small / IDR 60k large)


Visiting Japanese restaurant, Ramen’s definitely a must. This time, we had 3 kinds of it. The first one was this Karaage Miso Ramen. Serving the combination of boiled egg, cloud ear fungus (jamur kuping hitam), corn, and kaarage; this bowl delivered a rich combination from the simple ingredients. The noodles were perfectly cooked and the texture as just right. Besides, the broth was delightful as well as you could taste the mixture of spices once it touched your taste bud.
                                                             
Karaage Spicy Miso Ramen (IDR 56k small / IDR 60k large)


For you who loved spicier version of Ramen, then you might go with this one. It was exactly similar to the previous one, but for this, you would have spicier broth. For me who was a spicy dish lover, I preferred this one.

Karaage Miso Tsukemen (IDR 56k small / IDR 60k large)




This third ramen dish we had was surely the most unique. The noodles and the toppings were placed into one bowl, while the broth was intentionally put in a separated bowl. Why? Because the way to eat was by dipping the noodles and the toppings into the broth before having it coming into your tummy. The broth of this dish was slightly thicker compared to the previous two and I guessed it contained more spices. This one was my favorite among the three as I could enjoy more variations of taste, especially in the broth.

Niku Udon (IDR 60k ala carte / IDR 80k mini-mini set)


Another version of Japanese noodle, which was also not-to-be-missed here, was udon. For this one, we had Niku Udon, which was basically udon with soup and sliced beef topping. It was a very simple yet succulent dish. I really loved idea of balancing the thick and chewy noodle with the thin clear broth. Moreover, the tasty sliced beef was indeed a perfect complement to this dish.

Gindara Teriyaki Set (IDR 50k ala carte / IDR 65k set)



As what commonly said, Indonesian has not eaten if they haven’t had rice. So, let’s just move on to the rice-based dishes. If we have had beef and chicken for the noodles menu, for this first rice-based dish we had fish. This grilled gindara came with moist meat inside and crispy skin outside. Unfortunately, the teriyaki sauce was slightly too salty. Reducing the salt a little bit, I believed this dish would taste wonderful. Furthermore, you were also given the option to have it in set, in which the dish would be accompanied by salad and side dishes.



Tori Katsuni Don (IDR 64k ala carte / IDR 80k mini-mini set)



Back to chicken again, I believe all of you have been very familiar to this Tori Katsuni Don. I myself often ordered this dish in any Japanese restaurants I visited. If you were in the same ship with me, I recommended you to give a try on Ohka’s version. It was a pleasing one as the batter had the right thickness, the chicken was tender, the egg was yummy, and the veggies flawlessly added the healthy component. Additionally, the Japanese rice also impressed me as it was so flabby. Super love this!

Chicken Katsu Curry Rice (IDR 68k)



Finally, my most favorite dish of the day, Chicken Katsu Curry Rice! Yes, I’m indeed a Japanese curry addict. However, I rarely found Japanese restaurant in Jakarta, whose curry could satisfy my preference. Might be it was because of my high benchmark, which is a restaurant in Surabaya, specializing in Japanese curry called Curry House (you should try it when you go to Surabaya). Ok back to this dish, surprisingly I was in love with Ohka’s Japanese curry! The chicken was basically similar to the one in the don. What was distinctive was the curry sauce, which impeccably pampered my taste bud. I would surely go back for this one!

Hot Ocha (IDR 8k free flow)


Eating Japanese foods wouldn’t be complete without having ocha as the signature beverage. Yes, this drink was indeed simple, but it definitely could come up as the perfect match to the heavy lunch we’ve just had. The Ocha is available in both hot and cold. PS: Their ocha’s free-flow so you can drink as much as you wish.

Mochi Ice Cream (IDR 18k each)



Since there’s always room for desserts, so here was the mochi ice cream to perfectly end the lunch. There were seven flavors of them, represented by different colors; cheesecake (yellow), chocolate (chocolate), vanilla (blue), strawberry (pink), green tea (green), tiramisu (brown), and cookies and cream (white). All of them nicely suited my palate, besides the green tea one which I thought having too strong scent. My most favorite among all was Tiramisu as for me, the taste was inimitable. 


In a nutshell, I really enjoy my dining experience in Ohka. I was really pleased with the warm service and I was mesmerized by the exquisite design. Not to mention, all the dishes which were not only eye-catchy, but also succulently tasted. Talking about price, it was approximately similar to other Japanese restaurants. Rather than stay being curious, you might give it a try :)
 
Taste: 9/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


Ohka
Address: Rukan Emerald, Jl. Raya Pantai Indah Kapuk
Phone: (021) 2903 1696
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 11am – 3pm, 5pm – 10pm

Find me on: 


Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment