Friday, October 16, 2015

Classy Brunch at Lareia Cafe

I always feel super excited everytime I can find spare time to update my blog and share with all of you about places I visited. I've been extremely busy lately that it's so hard to even have 7-hour sleep :(.

 
Okay cut the story short, I felt quite lucky that there's national holiday on Thursday last 2 weeks. Coincidentally, I had to attend the wedding of my friend's sister at Saturday the same week, at Surabaya. Of course I didn't waste the opportunity to visit this city after almost 1 year not going there.

 
So there I was, taking advantage of my short sweet escape in Surabaya and maximizing the opportunity to try as many restaurants as possible. One of the most wanted places for me was Lareia Cafe. I have been waiting for this time long long time ago. As the result, it's the first place I visited in the trip!

 
First time stepping into the cafe, I was quite surprised that the design even looked way more beautiful than the gorgeous pictures posted by so many people. Mainly-themed with white, it immediately stole my heart with its classy and elegant ambience. It simply made me feel so 'princessy' dining in there, especially with the nice and speedy service offered by the waiters and waitresses.

 
Choosing what to order, I was drowned in confusion as I just wanted to order every single thing displayed at the showcase. Yes, I'm a dessert freak and all the cakes were just too tempting to be true! Being in the dilemma for quite some time, I then picked 2 savoury dishes and 2 cakes to try.

 
Hawaiian Soka Crab Burger (IDR 80k)

This dish was surely the winner for presentation. It looked so engaging that I was so excited to taste it, especially because I loved Soka crab so much. Great news, it didn't only have gorgeous look, but also tasted awesome. The soka crab was perfectly cooked and generously given, and the portion was highly satisfying. Not to forget, the french fries did come as perfect companion.

 
Burmese Red Pork (IDR 85k)
If you're typical Indonesian who always think that you haven't eaten without having rice, you needn't worry as they do serve rice. My choice went to this pork, served with butter rice. I personally didn't really fancy rice, but this one was surely an exception. The texture was flawless and the seasoning was not over powering. I really loved the pork as well as it's tender, not greasy, and the spicy taste perfectly suited my palate.
 
  
Cappuccino (IDR 34k)
For this one, I wouldn't give much comment as I was indeed not too peeky when having coffee. As long as it's not too acid, it was always a nice cup for me.

 
Strawberry Lassi (IDR 36k)
This was actually my friend's so I only had a sip of it. Healthier choice and definitely a good substitute to your caffein intake. However, it might be quite heavy if you're taking it with full course. 

 
Chocolate Souffle Cake (IDR 44k)
Now it came to dessert, the part which was able to drive my excitement the most. First trial went to this 'happening' cake, posted by almost everyone on my instagram timeline. The gooey salted caramel had always made me drool and once I had the very first spoon, it's exactly the moment of truth! You might think I was over-exaggerating, but trust me, I had no single doubt that any chocolate lover would fall for this. Not much sayings, it's just soooooo chocolate! 

 
Lychee Watermelon Cake (IDR 46k)

180-degree different to the previous cake, this one came in very light texture and refreshing taste. This would be the best choice for you who loved something fresh to end your course. It's not too sweet, and the combination of lychee and watermelon were simply enjoyable.
 
It was unfortunate that I got so full and could only try 2 of the cakes. I would surely go back some time (I hope) real soon. One important note, the price is quite affordable as well considering the huge portion of the foods served, especially the savory ones. For you who happened to visit Surabaya or stay in Surabaya, Lareia Cafe is doubtlessly a must-try!
 
Taste: 9/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8.5/10
Thanks for Reading! :)
 
LAREIA CAFE
Adress: Ciputra World Surabaya, 3rd Floor
Phone: (031) 5120 0196
Opening hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 10pm
 
Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment