Friday, April 15, 2016

Clean Eating is No More Hard!

Being a food enthusiast, I am getting more and more used to food rally, food oversupply, and food coma! During weekends when my friends and I mostly hunt for foods, almost all the days are ended with our happily bloated faces simply because we visit too many places and we have too many foods. Particularly for me who am madly in love with desserts, this also means that most of my weekends are sugar-high days. And getting kinda dangerous but true, these desserts feasts sometimes do come up on weekdays for me. One of my essential weaknesses is I just can’t hold myself from munching snacks. Heavy meals can still be under-control, but snacks? They’re just too addictive to be true.

Call me lucky, I finally found the savior to my health! Offering various detox programs and selection of daily juice consumption, Cold Press becomes the answer to my busy not-so-healthy days. Last week, I took one of its 3-day detox packages called Skin Glow and Weight Maintenance. There are actually many other more, such as Classic Detox, Anti-Ageing, Vitality, etc; all of which are available in single day and five days packages as well.

During this 3-day detox program, I could only consume 6 half-liter bottles of juices each day and drink mineral water. Well, I think you needn’t worry if you will get hungry since they’re actually quite a lot in terms of portion and they’re pretty fulfilling. Well, to keep it simple, just imagine that your daily water intake is supposedly 2 liters in general, while by taking this detox package, you need to consume at least 3 liters beverages per day not yet counting the water or other beverages you drink.

Talking about the juice quality, this is also the point where all doubts have to be thrown away. All the juices are really fresh with the expiry date of 3 days after delivery. They’re all sealed and well-packed as well in different bags for different days. As I joined the 3-day detox package, so the delivery was done twice; the day before the first day and at the second day.

Maybe, some of you also wonder since the beginning, what actually differentiates Cold Press and other different juices. As reflected by its name, it’s produced using the cold-press technology, which is a bladeless process of crushing, generating minimum heat in the making process, and thereby preserving the healthy enzymes and nutrients inside the fruits and veggies. This is totally different from the juices you can make by yourself at home using your blender or normal juicer.

Now we go to the most exciting part, the taste! Basically, my detox package consisted of 6 bottles below, which I had to consume at chronological order:

  1. Green Boost: cucumber, Mexican turnip, spinach, apple, lettuce Romaine, celery, green lettuce, bok choy, kale, lemon.
  2. Lean Green: pear, orange, cucumber, lettuce, kale, spinach.
  3. Roots Exotic: cucumber, beetroot, apple, carrot, lemon, ginger.
  4.  Longevity juice: blueberry, grape, cucumber, pear, apple. 
  5.  Lean Green: (same as 2)
  6. Fountain of youth: carrot, strawberry, blueberry, apple, cucumber

There’s actually no fixed schedule regarding what time you have to consume which bottle. Hence, I just divided it equally, so two in the morning, two in the afternoon, and the rest in the evening. As I mentioned before, I was surprisingly not feeling hungry at all!

Starting from the morning ones, both of which mostly contained veggies, I was quite stunned finding myself loving them! Yes, they did have the veggie-kind-of-smell, but for me it’s at very acceptable level. The apple taste in the first one as well as the pear taste second one strongly played role, making the juice ended up friendly for my palate. For the third one, I honestly admitted that my taste bud didn’t really fancy it due to the ginger flavor. Moving on the forth, which was doubtlessly my most favorite among all as it’s so refreshing and it contained mostly fruits except the cucumber. I could even say that I didn’t mind having double portion of this forth bottle! Immediately going to the sixth as the fifth was exactly the same with the second, this was my second favorite after the forth. The sweetness level was just right and the classic combination of apple and carrot made me remember of my mom’s homemade juice, which I’ve loved ever since I was a child.  

Having had the 3-day detox program, I also had my one juice day in the end, in which I did eat other foods but with less portion. There were 6 bottles juices as well in total, but they came in 250ml size, half portion of the detox bottle. Unlike the detox ones, they didn’t have to be consumed in chronological order so I just drank them in the order I desired. Here was the detail for each:


  1. Beet Harvest: Beet, apple, carrot.
  2. Watermelon Orange Twist: Orange, watermelon, honey.
  3. Tropical Greens: Kale, apple, pineapple.
  4. Freshen Up: Orange, apple, pineapple.
  5. Berry Hunter: Strawberry, watermelon, pineapple.
  6. Veggie Rhapsody: Spinach, apple, pineapple.
I was not over-exaggerating, but another astonishment, I loved loved loved the taste and I thought having them every single day could be a pleasure! They’re lighter compared to the detox bottles, not only because of the size, but also the components. Among all, my most favorite was the Berry Hunter due to the luscious flavor delivered by the strawberry and my all-time favorite pineapple. I did like the veggie ones like the third and the sixth since the fruits taste somehow made the veggies aroma faded.

After talking quite much about both the detox and the juice packages, the variants, the delivery method, and the consumption guide, you might wonder how much they costed. A single detox package costed IDR 630k, while a signature juice pack containing all the 6 variants costed IDR 260k. Since the detox package also came in more number of days, certainly the price got cheaper for longer package; IDR 1780k for 3 days and IDR 2640k for 5 days. For the juice, if you preferred to try less, there were other packages with different prices. Yes, you might think that it’s quite pricey, but I personally thought that the benefits might make it worthy amount to pay, especially because it’s natural with no preservatives, no additives, no colorings, no concentrate, no added water, and most importantly no added sugar.

No more to say, have a try! :)


Thanks for Reading! :)


Cold Press Indonesia
Phone: (+62)821-1011-2800

No comments:

Post a Comment