Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Being the First Customers of Lucky Cat Coffee & Kitchen



Since last week, my foodie friend @leonardtjoe has kept saying about this soon-to-open coffee shop located in the heart of Kuningan area. However, as the opening day was working day, I didn’t expect much that I could become its first customer. Unexpectedly, just this afternoon, yes July 11th, exactly the very first day Lucky Cat Coffee opened its door for the very first time for guests to come in; I was there with him, becoming the very first male and the very first female customers to sip from their cups LOL.




I’ve been quite in a dilemma since early in the morning of the day whether I should go or not. Nonetheless, having to face the first working day after the long sweet escape from all the routines was quite a tough time to overcome. My brain and body just needed coffee so badly that I decided “Yes I did have to give them a small treat today”. Call me lucky, this newly established coffee shop was located just 10-minute car-ride away from my office. Moreover, Jakarta’s traffic was still very friendly to me today, allowing me to reach the place without any hindrances.



Resided at the highly well-known Plaza Festival, this coffee shop was very easy to be found. Taking place next to Bakmi GM, the 2-storey venue looked extremely instagenic even from the outside. When I made my first step into it, my heart was instantly stolen by the design. It impeccably delivered the complete combination of natural, coziness, and minimalism. Marble tables, wooden floor, white walls, huge glass windows, semi-transparent ceiling, and full-supply of natural sunlight; the venue just turned out to be heaven for capturing the moments.





Being quite hungry, I immediately went to the showcase upon making my snaps on the place. Yes, order should be placed and directly paid to the cashier. Besides the dishes available on the menu, serving various Brunch and Lunch courses ranging from Western to Indonesian, they did sell quite many selections of cakes and pastries. I was again confused in choosing which one to try, but fortunately, the friendly barista knowledgably explaining the details of each of their menu, giving me the ease in making my choice.




Breakfast Set (IDR 65k)


Talking about brunch menu, Big Brunch whose ingredients were similar to this breakfast set from Lucky Cat, was kind of a national anthem in any coffee-shop meaning that it’s a must-have. Looking at the mixture of components served on the plate, honestly speaking I thought this dish was quite pricey and I did expect to have more; perhaps additional baked beans and bacons?  Yet, presentation wise this one was actually engaging with the lovely blend of colors. Coming to taste, I guessed the mashed potato might taste better with additional seasonings as it’s quite plain for my likings. On the other hand, the scrambled eggs, toasted brioche, beef sausage, and baked tomato were quite nice though nothing really surprised me.

Strawberry Cheesecake (IDR 40k)





I was a big big fan of desserts and I thought I told you about this for million times already but please don’t get fed up with it ;) . As cheesecake was one of the ones residing at the top level of my most-favorite desserts list, hence I had high benchmark set for it. Well, people did have various preferences for cheesecake and mine was the creamy one with thick texture although I also didn’t mind having the light and moist ones. For this cheesecake, I liked its quite-thick base as it reminded me of either cookie dough or graham cracker. Conversely, the main part, which was the cheese layer itself, didn’t really suit my palate as for me it tasted more like mousse than cake.  

Hot Cappuccino (IDR 40k)


  
Now we arrived at the crème de la crème of any coffee shop, the owner of the stage, the coffee. When placing my order, the barista inquired me if I opted for the smoother or the stronger one. Since my friend has made his order in prior and I knew he must be picking the strong one, thus I decided to go for the smooth one so I we could taste both and made the comparison. Taking a sip from both cups, the two of us agreed that the difference was not that much. I also had another cup for take-away, for which I had hot cappuccino with double ristretto. If your taste bud preferred milkier type of coffee, this might suit you best, but personally I favored this to come in stronger coffee taste :) .



Overall, I was highly enchanted by how well this place was decorated. It was doubtlessly a super-homey place to spend all-day long, either merely for chilling, chatting with friends, or even working. Nevertheless, further improvement might still be essential for the foods and beverages served here to ensure the guests acquire perfect companions to enjoy while having their time here. Well said, welcome and good luck in the F&B world journey, Lucky Cat!




Taste: 7/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


LUCKY CAT COFFEE & KITCHEN
Address: South Parking Plaza Festival No. 1, Jl HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 
Phone: +62 813 1144 8852 / +62 811 865 550
Opening hour: Mon – Sun 24hr


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment