Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dimsum Fiesta at Asiatale

Honestly speaking, I’m not a big big fan of Chinese cuisines. Well, perhaps it’s because I’ve had too much already with my family until I reach the point that I don’t really fancy it anymore LOL. However, dimsum is always an exception for me as it’s one of the Chinese dishes which become my all-time favorite.


Finding out that there’s a new Chinese restaurant located at Senopati, I was not that enthusiast to try it at the beginning, until I saw the pictures posted by some people on Instagram. I was like ‘Man, the place is just too Instagenic to be true!’. I was deeply in love with the tone of the photos taken there and I then changed my mine, ‘I should go there A.S.A.P’. Luckily, I didn’t have to wait too long till I got the chance to try it with my foodie best friends. And another fortune for me, I went there with 4 of my friends so it meant we could have a big feast and I could try lots of choices from their menu!


  
Reaching the venue, I was immediately mesmerized by the design, bringing out modern Chinese concept. It also looked so green as the place was also decorated with artificial plants. The 2-storey restaurant was spacious, although the second floor was closed till late afternoon. Looking at the full-band equipment at the second floor, I guessed they did have live-music in the evening but I was not so sure if it’s there every day or not as I came there at early afternoon. Well, it’s quite unique for me finding out that a Chinese restaurant did have live music as usually the typical Chinese restaurant especially the old ones only had family karaoke.



As I mentioned that I was there before the time the second floor was supposedly open, at first the waitress didn’t allow my friends and I to dine there. However, since we could only get the natural light at the second floor, thereby we requested to the waitress just to take picture there. The waitress and another waiter at that time were very friendly and helpful, trying to ask to the manager if our request could be fulfilled. Fortunately, we’re permitted to do it but we’re required to dine downstairs, after taking pictures. However, when we’re taking pictures and we requested for chopstix just to be used as photo property, there’s one waitress who seemed to be the one handling the cashier as well, who sounded irritated. She was mad at the waitress who gave us the permission to go upstairs to take pictures and I heard that by myself. I was really annoyed by her attitude because she told that waitress to ensure that we’re not eating upstairs in impolite way (well, my definition of impolite here was talking with loud voice and showing anger in front of the guests. You could judge it by yourself J ). I felt bad for the waitress and waiter, whom in my view were not wrong at all and just tried to be nice to the customers.



Ok, let’s forget those bad experiences for awhile and cut the stories short, we did go down to the first floor and dined there. We tried quite a lot of their dimsum menu since (great news!) they were still in opening-promo period, offering the dimsum for only IDR 18.8k net per portion. Normally, the price ranged from IDR 24k – 28k. Such a great deal, which was absolutely not to be missed! Actually we were quite full at that time as we’d just had our brunch session before coming to Asiatale, but seemed like this promotion doubtlessly hypnotized us, making us having amnesia of our full tummies.  



So here it was, the crowded view of our table. We began with the non-dimsum dish, the Prawn Mayonnaise Roll (IDR 55k). It was crispy, well-seasoned, and not too oily. The mayonnaise was not over-powering the prawn taste as well, making it efficaciously became a good starter of the meal.  From the steamed-based selections, we had Har Gao/Shrimp Dumpling (IDR 24k), Crab & Chicken Xiao Long Bao (IDR 26k), Chicken & Prawn Shumai (IDR 24k), Lo Mai Gai/Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken Filling (IDR 28k), Crystal Chives Prawn Dumpling (IDR 24k), and Prawn Cheong Fun/Rice Vermicelli Spring Roll with Prawn (IDR 28k). Overall, they were scrumptious although nothing really surprised me. Then the last group; baked, fried, and pan-fried ones. We ordered Baked Chicken Cha Siu Bao (IDR 26k), Wu Gok/Deep Fried Mashed Taro with Fillings (IDR 26k), Salted Egg Yolk Sesame Ball (IDR 26k), and Portugese Egg Tart (IDR 24k). Tasting the dishes from this last group, I nominated them as the best part of the dimsum fiesta! Only the Bao which was just okay, while the rest was sooo good, particularly the two last ones. The sesame ball came with super generous molten salted egg yolk filling. I actually didn’t really like salted egg yolk and thus, I was really picky when eating any dishes having it as the ingredients. However, this one was way beyond acceptable for me as I did love it! The sweet filling taste combined with the crispy texture of the sesame ball just made a perfect couple. On the other hand, the Portugese Egg Tart was my most favorite of the day! I was pampered by the flaky tart base as well as the custard which was flawlessly neither too eggy nor too creamy. Thanks for ending the big feast impeccably, little fellas!


So for you who’re dimsum lover as well, you’d better try out the place soon, especially because they’re still on the promo period and it’s just too-good chance to be missed. For sure, don’t forget the two-must-haves; Salted Egg Yolk Sesame Ball and Portugese Egg Tart!

Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for reading! J


Asiatale Resto & Bar
Address: Jl. Suryo No. 15, Jakarta
Phone: (+6221) 2277 5599
Operating Hours: Sun – Thu 11am – 00am, Fri – Sat 11am – 2am


Find me on:

Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment