Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Tiny Giant, A Tiny Place with Gigantic Taste

Australia, the country that never fails to amuse me with its awesome brunch, marvelous desserts, and amazing coffee. Everyday is always an excitement for me to try new places to enjoy these three. If only I could stay longer here, I couldn't imagine how many posts I would have written to describe how much I enjoyed all those palate spoilers.


December last year, the first time I stepped my feet into this country in the city of Sydney to visit my sister who studied there. I also got the chance to travel around  to Melbourne and Gold Coast, where I was mesmerized not only by the touristy places but also the foods! Not even need to wait for 1 year, I again this year visited this country to attend my sister's graduation. To explain how enthusiastic I was in visiting the great cafes and restaurants here, I had started to look for the ones I wanted to visit even weeks before the D-day! I also asked my sister to prepare all the itinerary just to ensure there's no single place missed though I had to admit, some of them had to be sacrificed just because the time didn't permit.

Ok, cut the story short (though it's been quite long, I know LOL), here I was at the very first brunch place I wanted to visit, The Tiny Giant. Located at Petersham area, it was actually not that close to the city center yet you know, with the great transportation mode, every where seemed reachable in this metropolitan city. Reflected by its name, this cafe was actually quite tiny in terms of its space, however, you'd better not underestimate it as you needed gigantic tummy and huge appetite to be able to finish its gigantic luscious dishes. 


I have always fallen in love with how cafes're designed in Australia; huge windows, semi open-air spaces, and natural design; making you feel like go into the nature, allowing natural light to come in, and allowing the guests to enjoy the atmosphere of relaxation. And that perfectly explained how The Tiny Giant's decoration was. Shortly said, AWESOMELY INSTAGENIC!

Service wise, don't even ask! I was even amazed by how friendly most waiters/waitresses were in all Australian cafes. They were very responsive, immediately greeting you and directing you to the vacant table. 


Looking at the menu and the showcase, as always I was drowned into dilemma on which ones I should go for. I simply wanted to order EVERYTHING if only my tummy had enough space to accommodate them all. As you might have been able to guess accurately, for sure I couldn't but fortunately, I have my whole family members to share everything so I could end up ordering some of the dishes, both from the sweet as well as the savory selections.

Croque Madamme



I'm a big big fan of Croque Madamme and Tiny Giant's has successfully turned out to be one of my favorite ones. This dish was always special to me as appearance wise, it might look very simple but taste wise, it's always able to pamper my taste bud. This one was so scrumptious with the crispy toast bread as the base and well-seasoned grilled ham. A big YEAY to the generously given Emmental cheese and the perfectly runny sunny side up! Big big smile on my face :) :)

Tiny Giant Burger



No wonder it's called giant, as the burger was indeed gigantic! Well, for Australians, this size might be called normal, but for me as Indonesian, this was a huge one. At first, I thought the bun would be quite dry, but surprisingly it turned out to be moist! The abundant grilled chicken toppings were tender and yummy. Served with the veggies and parmesan cheese, this could be luscious yet healthy one. Nonetheless, I would only order this one if it's to be shared with others, otherwise you might not be able to eat anything else.

Baked Eggs


Another egg dish and also one of my most-favorite one to order for brunch, YES! BAKED EGGS or what's usually called as Shakshouka. For this Tunisian-and-Moroccan-originated dish, I opted for Chorizo toppings. The tomato sauce itself was nice though I didn't find anything more special than the general ones I had in another cafe. The particular point I fancied from this dish were the large cuts of scrumptious Chorizo which were abundantly spread over the plate.


Sweets after the full courses, essentially tons of head-nods! Passig the long-confusion on which one to opt for, I end up with these two cronuts on my table; the first was quite a new comer, while the latter was the the all-time favorite. For this Strawberry and Meringue Cronut, face didn't lie. I honestly admitted that at I initially ordered it mainly because it looked Instagenic, yet surprisingly it turned out so good! The flaky pastry was impeccably combined with the neither-too-creamy-nor-too-sweet custard. The sweet flavor was then contributed by the strawberry coating and the gorgeous pink meringue on top. On the other hand, the Nutella and Oreo cronut did deserve the honor to be called as 'all-time favorite'. This dynamic duo was doublessly finger-lickin' good. If only calories and diabetes didn't exist, I would have packed a dozen for tomorrow's breakie!



Final sayings, thanks to The Tiny Giant for making me extremely enjoy my very first brunch at this second visit to Sydney. I will surely get back here to try much more from the menu and I really wish it would come some time real real soon. I even have had the dishes I want to try at my next visit, they will surely be the Salted Caramel Timtam Cronut and The French Toast!!




Taste: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Place: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


THE TINY GIANT PETERSHAM
Address: 110 Audley St, Petersham NSW 2049, Australia
Phone: (+61) 2 8065 4684
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 6.30am - 3.00pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment