Friday, September 30, 2016

Worthy Long Queue at Flower Child

Another 'call-me-lucky' moment to start my blogpost, and seemed like it was not only applicable domestically in Indonesia, but also overseas. YESSS, right here in Sydney! So if you're following my previous blog post on The Tiny Giant, which was my very first blog post from Sydney, talking about Sydney cafe for the very first time as well, I'd told you that even weeks before this second visit of mine to Sydney, I'd look for the list of places to visit. One of them which had successfully captured my interest was Flower Child, a gorgeous flowery-decorated cafe resided in Westfield Chatswood. As usual, it attracted my attention due to the stunning appearance of the dishes. I then asked my sister about it and she enthusiastically said that this cafe had the best French Toast on earth! So guess what, it's certainly there residing on my top list of places to try. Go back to the 'call-me-lucky' moment, I was so surprised yet so cheerful that this place was actually located just 10-minute walking distance from the Meriton Chatswood service apartment where I stayed! 

Well-described by its name, the venue was beautifully covered with flowers at each of its corners. This delivered both the elegant and earthy feeling when you sat there, enjoying the place. Despite the abundant number of guests, the venue was not that spacious, causing some tables even had to be located at the 'overflow' space, in front of the main area of the cafe. To describe clearer about how packed the cafe was, the distance between tables was also very close that you might find it not that easy to reach some of the seats. Nonetheless, it still didn't stop the crowd to keep coming there.



Having heard much about the situation, I thought you might have been able to guess how busy the waitresses were. However, I highly appreciated their service as they're pretty quick in handling the guests' requests and serving the dishes. 

At my first visit, I changed my mind and decided to come back at different time since the queue was too long. I remembered having like almost 10 names above mine, which was surely a NAY for waiting. Learning from the experience, I came earlier at the second visit and I intentionally chose weekday to go there. It was still very crowded with almost all tables were occupied, but fortunately I could get one straight away without having to wait for even a single minute! :)

Basically, they were serving arrays of menu, ranging from the sweets selections up  to the savory ones, from the light bites to the heavy main courses. Some of the dishes were changed in seasonal basis, to ensure continuous innovation was maintained. Not only the design that gave the natural ambiance, the ingredients used were also mostly organic. Another great news, they served coffee, pastries, and cakes from the highly well-known The Grounds of Alexandria!

Flower Child Fish and Chips (AUD 22k)


Well, called it mainstream but this was indeed one of the dishes my brother almost always opted for when available. He loved everything fried and he loved any kinds of chips too much. Flower Child's version was Australian Barramundi coated in bread crumbs and fried beautifully into that golden brown color. Though I personally still preferred the batter coated one I usually had in Fish & Co, this one was more distinctive from the fish perspective. It was so moist that it literally melted in your mouth. Additionally, the more special one for me was the red cabbage and pea slaw, which was blended together with the super luscious jalapeno tartar! If only they sold the tartar sauce, I would for sure pack some home <3.

Aussie Beef Burger (AUD 19)



Another almost-always-ordered brunch menu for my family, BURGER. There were actually some choices of burgers available on the menu and we decided to order this Aussie Beef Burger, which was served with fries. As you could see, the layers of toppings were very thick and rich, blending the patty, caramelized onions, beetroot, pineapple, lettuce, tomato, cheddar & mayo. For sure, the ingredients represented the organic theme Flower Child wanted to bring out as it clearly stated in the menu that it used grass-fed beef and sesame seed milk bun. I loved how the bun being so soft and how the beef being so tender and juicy in medium-well doneness level. 


Flower Child French Toast (AUD 19)



Saving the best for the last, I intentionally had this French Toast as the closing to my brunch here. First time looking at the dish served on the table, my jaw was automatically dragged down. It was simply GORGEOUS with that sliced banana, dark chocolate crumbs, baked pecans, and fresh berries on top of the glossy french toast covered in succulent salted toffee and maple syrup (No saliva drop please ;) ). Not stopping there, the most exceptional part of the dish was the banana mascarpone at the middle which was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I literally wipe the whole plate (I wish licking was allowed LOL), not willing to leave even a micro-spoon of it there. Every single element in this dish doubtlessly has blown my mind away!

Regular Skim Cappuccino (AUD 4)



I had tried some Australian-originated coffee brands, but this was my first time having the Grounds', which has successfully made me once again fall in love with Australian coffee just the way the other cups I had here did. The acidity and bitterness level faultlessly suited my preference and I really fancied how clean the after-taste was. 

Having tried some of the dishes, I was still not satisfied enough with only visiting the place once. I craved for much more (even now when I'm writing this post, I'm already craving for another one) and I absolutely would come back for their Acai Bowl, Fruit Salad, and all the cakes displayed at the showcase (perhaps another French Toast AGAIN?)! Even though you have to wait to get the seat, trust me every single minute spent on queuing will surely be paid-off :)


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


FLOWER CHILD
Address: 391 Westfield Shopping Centre, Chatswood, Australia
Phone: (+61) 
Operating Hours: Fri - Wed 8am - 5pm, Thu 8am - 9pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment