Sunday, November 20, 2016

Cheers to Avec Moi!

Clinging glasses, wide smiles, huge applauses, cheers! Big congrats to Avec Moi for its relocation to the new place, which I've been aware of and have definitely been waiting for weeks. Finally it's here!! Woohoo, can't be happier that I was finally back here for celebrating the joy of Avec Moi's newly established venue. I could still clearly remember how this restaurant has successfully made me deeply indulged with all of its dishes I tried, right at my very first visit (*Find out my first review on Avec Moi by clicking on this link). That best-salad-ever-in-lifetime, which was doubtlessly to die for, would certainly hold the all-time award for greatest veggie dish. The one that made any carnivore re-think of their decision, the trademark of Avec Moi in my memory, the dish my friends and I didn't even consider to order in the beginning as we thought it's just veggies yet turned out to be the star of the day. 





Located right across Grand Indonesia, the heart of our beloved capital city, it's much bigger, much nicer, much cozier, and absolutely much more visible compared to the prior one. For you who have been to Avec Moi's prior place, do you want to make a wild guess on the main theme of the restaurant? Yes, if you've just mentioned bunny or rabbit, you're definitely right! Still the signature two long ears, those cute chairs, which I till now still think perfect for bridal shower pictures LOL. 




Making it elegant, the main color brought out was black and grey, flawless classic combination. The open bar located right at the center made it look even more luxurious. There's even 'dedicated photo spot now, which was basically the open space located at one side of the venue, gorgeously complemented with a photogenic green wall. The indoor corner right next to it, which was all-over covered with glass windows, surely turned to be the most Instagenic spot. So guess what? There I was, taking the pictures of myself and even my foods *giggle*! At the same corner as well, where the live band performing for this grand opening celebration, was exactly located. Well I didn't know if they would make this live performance became permanent or just for this event. I wish it would be there all the time though :)








Since it was the grand opening day, Chef Romano, the head chef who was also one of the owners of the restaurant together with his wife, Chenny, was there to welcome all the guests and happily explain about the signature dishes they would continuously serve in this new place. Besides mentioning the superb salad that I called out in prior, there's another signature dish of Avec Moi also told by him, which again's my other most favorite, Bacon Carbonara! That creamy pasta, which was cooked al dente, and came with super generous bacon toppings and perfectly runny egg yolk; another one worthy to fall for. 




Despite the crowd as there were approximately 300 guests invited (as mentioned by Cherry), I was really pleased with the first-class service delivered. The waiters and waitresses were actively going around the restaurant, offering selections of wines and soft drinks, as well as canapes to be enjoyed. They were highly responsive and actively ensuring no single guest were lacking of anything. 



Although I didn't get the chance to enjoy the real portion of Chef Romano's luscious handmade dishes, I was still having my taste bud spoiled there. As it was already late afternoon, the delicious light-bites came as perfect companion to my afternoon snacking time. Crispy toasted bread, coming with various kinds of toppings - ranging from veggies, salmon, and beef - whose taste were doubtlessly unquestionable as you got the fresh components faultlessly combined in each of them. Adding more happiness, another petite dish was served, Truffle Angel Hair, whose aroma would surely make no single person could resist it. Come on, who on earth could ever stand the heavenly smell of truffle oil ;) ? I really wish I could get a gigantic portion of this some time soon!



Finally, huge of thanks to my dearest friend, @yennymakanmulu, who have asked me to come there with her, letting me sharing the happiness together with Avec Moi while having my palate satisfied as well. Once again, CONGRATS TO AVEC MOI and thanks for having me today! I wish this venue nothing but the best, soon crafting the same success it has ever done before, innovating much more scrumptious dishes to delight the guests. I really really really hope I could come back here some time real soon to again indulge my taste bud with their mind-blowing dishes!!




Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


Avec Moi Restaurant
Address: Jl. Teluk Betung No. 44, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 8571 8888 5096
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 10.00am – 2.00am


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment