Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cafe Nocturnal PIK

Call it the unexpected one, I think I've never seen or heard of this cafe prior to its opening date, then boom! It's suddenly there. It's either me being ignorant or it's just simply the case that the cafe provided no initial sign before the establishment to give a little bit surprise to those who often hanged out around PIK. 


Actually, I knew this newly opened cafe through my Instagram timeline, where I saw the picture being posted by my friend. The cakes had doubtlessly stolen my interest as it looked simply beautiful. My competitive spirit suddenly arose, making me want to try it ASAP. Called it a coincidence, last Sunday afternoon my friends and I had no idea where to go then we decided to go to PIK as we're already in Northern area. I was asked to give idea, and just in a sec, Nocturnal popped out of my mind. 


Arriving at the venue, it actually didn't really look like a cafe at the first sight. This was perhaps due to the boutique located right in front of the cafe. Covered in black color, the venue looked chic and elegant. It was quite a spacious one, with walls at the center dissected the space into several areas, and a long bar table gorgeously decorated the place. At the front part near the huge windows, smokers could get their hotspot to enjoy their business without affecting others much. On the other hand, the area at the back part had huge projector, which I guessed would be utilized to host events like live soccer match show or 'NoBar'. One more space, the one right next to the NoBar section which was actually quite hidden, was more silent and thus would better suit those who wanted to work or simply relaxed. 



Looking at the small showcase, I honestly got quite disappointed as the selections were not as many as I thought and I could wildly guess from the cakes' appearance that they were quite too dry oops :( . Nonetheless, my friends and I still ended up ordering one since we're already there and nothing's wrong with giving it a try. 


As the color might have shown, this was the Thai Milk Tea cake, the one capturing my interest firstly, yet also the one making me lose my interest once I saw the real version. I didn't know if it's because the cake was not freshly made and probably had been stored for quite too long, or this was indeed the real texture of it. It was so dry that when I cut it, I couldn't have a smooth cut from top to bottom, automatically stopped at each layer deep sigh. Actually feeling reluctant, I still had a spoon of it just to figured out how it actually tasted. As expected, yes too dry to be true. Luckily, the frosting cream was good enough, having that strong thai tea taste. Funnily, my friends and I ended up finishing the cream only, leaving the cake went bald.

Thai Milk Tea cake


To accompany the cake as well as to fulfill our afternoon caffeine doze, we ordered the Hot Cappuccino. Sadly, this one also did not suit my palate as it was too milky. Somehow I thought it was more like milk with coffee flavor instead of coffee mixed with milk :( . 

Hot Cappuccino

Overall, I really enjoyed the place and I thought it was a really cozy one to spend hours, killing the time. Perhaps next time I should go for their savory dishes since it might be unfair to judge them only by having a single slice of cake and a single cup of drink. Who knows the main courses can cure my prior disappointment? ;) . Anyway good luck for Nocturnal, wish you all the best. In my humble opinion, there's no such thing as 'too late' for improvement, so I still believe things can turn better. 


Taste: 4/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7/10




NOCTURNAL
Address: Ruko Crown Golf BLok B 57 - 58, Bukit Golf Mediterania, Jl. Marina Indah Raya, PIK, Jakarta
Phone: +62 878 878 91 333
Operating hours: Mon - Thu 8am - 00am, Fri - Sun 10am - 00am


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment