Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Nord Coffee, The New Monochromic Spot

Black and white. Classic, simple, TIMELESS. Yes, perhaps those words could perfectly describe how this quite new comer looked like. I was so in love with how Nord Coffee flawlessly decorated its tiny venue, making it a very homey place despite the fact that it could only accommodate very few guests. Mainly themed with Star Wars, this coffee shop was ultimately gorgeous, supplying awesome food for the eyes!



Opening quite late, it was actually quite hard for me to finally be able to make my visit to this coffee shop. I've been here for couple of times, ending up having to leave again as it's already too crowded. I wanted to avoid the crowd by coming earlier, yet again only found it's not open yet. Thus, when I was finally able to arrive there last week, finding it's already open yet there were still very few people, my heart was dancing excitingly. 




The owner herself was the one welcoming my friends and I, trying to offer some of their most favorite ones. Besides the drinks, they did serve some cakes and pastries, which were all basically coming from other vendors and not made by themselves. Most of them looked appetizing, leading to confusion on which one to try (as always, my typical problem with desserts!). Easiest way out, I didn't choose anything and just let my friends pointed out which ones should be served on our table for today. Well, that's what friends are for, assisting you solving problems (including choosing desserts. Yeah, at least it's a big one for me)! LOL.


Cendol Cake 


Being said as the most favorite cake of Nord's guests, this Cendol Cake was finally there landed on our table. For some of you, this cake might be not the one that's able to make you drool right away, especially if you're not into Indonesian traditional desserts or if you simply didn't like cendol. However, that didn't apply to me as my love for desserts did work the same for the local Indonesian ones, not to exclude cendol. Just like its name, Cendol Cake, this cake did literally consist of cendol layer, combined with pandan sponge cake layer, and the touch of coconut sugar flavor. The light texture was enjoyable and the taste was quite delightful, though I had to say that it's not as 'AMAZING' as what I've heard from most people's review ;) 

Nutella Danish 


A very simple one? Yes, I couldn't agree more with you. It's indeed very simple. However, simplicity was once again proven as the most ultimate sophistication. Anyway, when something simple turned out awesome, that would be what so called unexpected, wouldn't it? And something unexpected, was usually the one becoming unforgettable, wasn't it? Cut it short, despite its simplicity, this Nutella Danish was distinctively executed, IMHO. Gorgeous brown flaky pastry blended with generous amount of Nutella at the center, well, who on earth could ever resist this!


Hot Piccolo Latte (IDR 36k)



Going to the main purpose of coming here, COFFEE! Trying to play safe, I went for their hot piccolo as I was craving for a strong cup of caffeine. Well, honestly admitting, it might be not as strong as I expected and the coffee aroma was not that bold, yet it was not bad. 

Iced Chocolate (IDR 45k)


This second glass was actually not mine and I only had a sip of it, just to try how it actually tasted. Surprisingly, when all of us expected this to be just okay, it turned out to be the most favorite drink of the day. All my friends and I agreed that the ice chocolate was a pleasant one as it's neither overly sweet, nor too milky. Each ingredient in it just came at the right doze, making it successfully spoiled our palate. 

Frankly speaking, Nord might be not the one serving my most favorite type of coffee. Nonetheless, it was a quite fine place to stay and chill or simply to kill time. The homey ambiance and the monochromatic design couldn't have coddled me better!


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


NORD COFFEE
Address: Jl. Pluit Karang Timur Blok BB5 No. 8, Pluit, Penjaringan, Jakarta
Phone: +62 852 6277 7789
Operating Hours: Mon - Sat 7.30am - 6pm (except Tue closed), Sun 10am - 6pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment