Friday, November 4, 2016

Oetara Coffee, 'The Tosca Spot' in North Jakarta

Exactly like how it's called, 'Oetara', this newly opened coffee shop is located at North Jakarta area, particularly in Pluit; adding one more options to confuse you in choosing which one to go among the mountains of selections already available. Yes, seems like Pluit, Muara Karang, and PIK areas never sleep in creating more and more coffee shops and restaurants. It's just like there's always something new almost every week. Missing to visit one might make you get left behind, not being able to catch up with the pace of the new place establishment and have to end up accepting the truth that you can't always be in line with the hype (sadly I guess I'm a part of this group now due to my hectic working days :( ).



However, as late is always better than never, so there I was last weekend, finally visiting Oetara Coffee! I'd seen tons of its pictures being posted on by my friends on my timeline, which had successfully tickled my curiosity. Hence, when one of my friends initiated to go there, I was the one firstly shouted that 'I'M IN!!'.




If I had to use only a single word to describe the venue, then I could easily mention it without having to take long time to think; TOSCA! Yes, you could clearly see this gorgeously unique color here and there, beautifully decorating the quite spacious venue. It suddenly reminded me of the classic Tiffany & Co. gift boxes, which did have the same color, making me somehow felt the girly ambiance.  





Divided into indoor and outdoor areas, the venue had quite many impeccable OOTD spots, making most of the visitors busy thinking of how they should pose and where to get their selves captured.  






Being a new kid on the block, I saluted the barista who was highly responsive in welcoming the guests and extremely helpful in assisting them choosing what to order. He came up with several recommendations after asking in prior what my preferences were, leaving an awesome first impression for me. 


Visiting Oetara at Sunday morning, I ended up having what I typically had for breakie, coffee and dessert! I was initially having a dilemma if I should opt for the croissant, the cake, or the pie. Then trying to follow the mainstream, I decided to ask the barista which among them was the most favorite and he suggested to try the Nutella Pie (IDR 35k).

Nutella Pie (IDR 35k)
 Well, looking from the appearance, this dessert might be not the most good-looking one as the color was quite dark, not like the beautifully colorful ones. However, for chocolate lover including me, this simple color could already deliver the temptation to have the first bite on it as soon as possible. Honestly speaking, before having it right in my mouth, I wasn't expected much on the taste. Yet surprisingly, it proved me totally wrong! I was straightly in love with the pie ever since the very first spoon, as I could strongly felt the bold Nutella flavor on my taste bud, despite the fact that I preferred the pie to be slightly crispier.  


Hot Coco Latte (IDR 40k)
Not letting my Nutella Pie being solo as well as satisfying my morning caffeine craving, I ordered Oetara's signature Hot Coco Latte (IDR 40k). I intentionally had this as I found it quite unique and I guessed I've never had one before in any other places. Basically, it's just like ordinary latte, with a hint of burnt coconut flavor. I couldn't tell if it's a bias or not (since it didn't suit my sister's palate the way it did to mine), but I personally loved it and I indeed mostly fancied everything made of coconut. One important reminder, it was only able to be served hot ;) .

Besides this cup, I did have their Hot White 7oz (IDR 40k) or perhaps easier to call it Hot Latte. I opted for the largest size as visually, the other ones looked quite too small. Nonetheless, after having it, I guessed 5oz supposed to be the best size to go for, as my preference. Yet, despite the quite huge size, I thought the beverages were slightly too pricey. Fortunately, it turned out suiting my coffee fondness well with its strong aroma, low acidity, and medium body.


Hot White 7oz (IDR 40k)
Not to forget, the last cup I tried here, which for me was the best among all three I had; Hot Piccolo Latte (IDR 30k). Coming with a bit stronger coffee taste than the previous one, this cup couldn't suit my palate better. For the upcoming visits, this would surely become my choice. Actually, there were still many selections of cakes & pastries I really wanted to try. However, at that time I had to go to other places and would have lunch shortly after that, thus I decided not to have too much there. Hopefully, the next cafe-hoping session here would come real real soon :)   


Hot Piccolo Latte (IDR 30k)



Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for Reading! :)


OETARA COFFEE
Address: Jl. Pluit Karang Barat Blok G6 No. 25A, Muara Karang, Jakarta
Phone: +62 8131 4855 500
Operating Hours: Weekdays 8am - 10pm (except Wed closed), Weekends 9am - 10pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment