Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Portafilter, The Cup that Keeps Calling Back

Kelapa Gading, the area that I rarely visit due to its lengthy distance from where I reside. Despite, its 'almost-always' terrible traffic does play a key role as well in increasing my reluctance to even get close to this spot. Thereby, when there's an urgency to go around Gading, usually my friends and I will take it for granted, using the opportunity to its fullest, visiting as many places as possible. This time, Portafilter was surely not an exception, considering that I'd been longing for quite some time to have my caffeine doze there since my 'taste-bud-alike' best friend had kept recommending this place as one of the best coffeeshop in Gading area.  


Portafilter, the name itself represented the tool used for attaching the coffee powder to the coffee-maker. Sounded catchy and truly represented the essential tool for making coffee.




Mainly covered in grey-ish cement walls, the venue looked a little bit dark despite the gigantic windows located all around the corners. Nonetheless, it still allowed natural light to come in and additionally, you could alternatively sit at the outdoor space for more light, though it's probably quite hot there. Ignoring the quite dim and probably too-yellow-ish lighting (in my humble personal opinion), this coffeeshop still did not fail to make me finally falling in love with its design. Those beautiful quote-frames combined with mirrors, decorating the monochromatic walls were simply gorgeous, creating a faultless spot for awesome OOTD shots. One shot, two shots, multiple shots, while waiting for my order to come!








First touchdown on the table was made by the Nutty Nut (IDR 40k). Basically, it's sponge cake topped with peanut butter and peanut chunks. Despite the fact that the base was a little bit too dry, it was still an enjoyable one especially the toppings on top of the cake, simply addicting thick and salty peanut butter. Quite pricey for this simple combination though :(

Nutty Nut (IDR 40k)

As I've called out before, I came here for the recommended coffee. So there they were, Piccolo (IDR 30k) and Cappuccino (IDR 35k) on top of my table, to quench my caffeine thirst. Again, the palate of my friend and mine agreed. They were both awesome cups! Slightly acid, strong espresso aroma, such a bold one yet with clean after taste. If only it's not far far away from where I did my daily activities, I had no single reason for not being a loyal customer. 

Piccolo (IDR 30k)
Cappuccino (IDR 35k)


If coffee was not part of your liking list, then the following beverage was great news for you as I did try one of Portafilter's non-coffee drinks,  Ice Chocolate (IDR 45k). Judging this drink by its view, honestly speaking I was not attracted in the beginning as nothing looked special. Surprisingly, having my very first sip, it perfectly suited my preference for chocolate drink. Strong dark chocolate flavor, not overly sweet, and slightly bitter taste. Coming in quite huge size, the glass surely worth each Rupiah spent. 

Tons of thanks for the delightful beverages, Portafilter. Your coffee doubtlessly deserved standing ovation!




Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)




PORTAFILTER
Address: Jl. Boulevard Raya Timur Blok A No. 1, Kelapa Gading, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 21 2974 5014 / (+62) 8229 777 0070
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 9pm (except Tue - closed)


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment