Thursday, December 22, 2016

Atico by Javanegra, A Place to Stop-by at Jakarta's Busiest Spot

For you who reside around South and Central Jakarta, you'd better be happy as another new comer's here in town, Atico by Javanegra! If you're coffee lover, you might have long known the name as they're indeed famous for their special beans. For those who just heard of the name for the first time, you could sit back, relax, and enjoy the review :)




Located at one of the busiest spots in Jakarta, Atico has just added up the number of newly opened restaurants in this area. Yes, I thought recently there were numerous brand new cafes or restaurants established in Mega Kuningan. Basque, Hurricane's second branch, J Sparrow, name it. Even the one right next to Atico, Fat Shogun, was also another new comer (whose review would hopefully be soon live on the blog). To be exact, Atico actually resided in Menara BTPN, one of the lately opened office buildings, whose tenant's occupancy rate wasn't that high yet as you could still see many vacant spaces available. Nonetheless, it has currently had quite a lot of restaurants ready to serve the busy Jakarta people.





This restaurant was actually established by Javanegra, the group that initially came as coffee roaster based in Jakarta, who then expanded its wings, creating Javanegra Gourmet Atelier, a private lounge with open kitchen concept just like Japanese omakase. Atico serves authentic Spanish cuisines, all-day breakfast menu, pastries, and cakes. For the beverages, they're focusing on wine and coffee, serving Javanegra's specialty coffee beans. Besides, they do sell the beans for the coffee lovers who love to make their own cups of caffeine from scratch.









Located at the rooftop floor of Menara BTPN, Javanegra occupies quite a gigantic space, which's further divided into indoor and outdoor area. As expected, since the location's at the center of a busy business district, the scenery seen especially from the outdoor space's mostly skyscraper buildings. Nonetheless, the outdoor's a nice area to chill while enjoying the fresh air, though currently it might still be dusty as some on-going construction project's around the venue. The indoor area's also a lovely one, giving the luxurious and exclusive ambiance. I was madly in love with the design, having gigantic bar right after the main entrance where they displayed the selections of wines and liqueur as well as the coffee, open kitchen at one of the corners where the guests could see the live performance from the chefs, and most importantly the stunning hanging light bulbs which successfully stole my attention. It was such a cozy place to relieve your stress for awhile, especially for the business people doing their activities around this area.  






Arriving at the venue, my friends and I were immediately greet by the waiter, who then gave us the options of seats. The service was so delightful as I could see the waiter was very responsive and helpful. Nevertheless, when it came to the time when I was asking for details about the dishes, he seemed to get confused with almost all the questions raised as he might not master the whole knowledge about each of the dishes listed on the menu yet. He had to keep going back and forth to the kitchen to re-clarify the components of each dish we're asking. Well, I hoped it's just because the restaurant's still brand new and he just needed more training and faster learning curve ;). Fortunately, there's another person, who's also the restaurant's team (I was not sure if she's the restaurant manager or she's in charge for other position), who assisted us with everything just like a walking dictionary of Atico's menu. Awesome!  

Desayuno Suculento / Big Breakfast Set Menu (IDR 90k)





First impression? Shocked. Well, we're expecting the typical big breakfast with large sausage, beautifully presented sunny side up, yet I guessed the picture above could tell you enough about how it actually looked like. I wouldn't say much, free to judge guys *wink*. Just one thing from me, I guessed it was pricey for this size and this combination of ingredients. Though the taste was not bad, I couldn't find anything superior as well. Fortunately, this Big Breakfast still came in one package with a cup of coffee of your choice and a glass of pure orange juice. Honestly said, these two came as my most favorite from this menu. I had no doubt why Javanegra was highly well-known for its beans as the coffee was indeed impressive with hypnotizing aroma and bold taste. Whereas the juice was so fresh and I thought it was even made of pure sunkist! Such a perfect glass of vitamin supply.

Norway Smoked Salmon (IDR 80k)


A classic brunch menu commonly found in any brunch spots, serving fresh smoked salmon on top of baguette. The salmon was scrumptious and the texture was enjoyable as it's moistand properly juicy. The salty taste was balanced by the plainer taste coming from the baguette. The fresh veggies mixed within the dish were coming as great companion to the main protein. If the baguette could be a little bit softer, this dish would be even better :)

Chocolate Croissant (IDR 20k)


The moment of truth came when I was cutting the croissant into two parts and looked at the fillings. I was initially expecting there will be chocolate bursting out from the center part of the croissant, yet I had to get exposed to that thin layer of chocolate residing only at the bottom part of the croissant *frowned*. The pastry as well as the fillings were actually okay, but perhaps they should be more generous in stuffing their croissant. 

Chocolate Tart (IDR 55k)


As I actually came for the cakes, I did hope they were as good as I'd expected. Well, at least to cure my dissatisfaction with the prior dishes served. First one to try was this Chocolate Tart, whose appearance stole my attention when I was looking at the showcase. It looked sooo chocolate that I could visualize the slightly bitter dark chocolate taste when my sight firstly landed at it. Having the first bite, it was yummy enough though I preferred the chocolate taste to go bolder and the texture to be thicker, as it was slightly too sweet for my palate. 

Bailey's Cheesecake (IDR 55k)


Finally, I found the one which would surely bring me back to Atico, yesss this Bailey's Cheesecake, which was surely the creme de la creme among all the dishes I tried! It was superrr good and I could say that this was surely not to be missed when you visited Atico. The taste matched each penny spent as I could feel the strong Bailey's taste and the moist cheesecake, which literally melt in my mouth. The crunchy crumble on top was additional happiness, delivering mix of texture in a single bite. The pie base at the bottom was also flavorful, giving indulging aroma as you munched the cake.


In a nutshell, as Atico's just 10-minute walking distance from my place, I would surely be the loyal customer of its Bailey's Cheesecake and coffee. Perhaps in another chance, I would have a try on their other savory dishes, besides the breakfast menu I've had before. Nonetheless, for the breakfast menu, I did think much improvement could be done there. All the best, Atico! :)



Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7/10
  

Thanks for Reading! :)


ATICO BY JAVANEGRA
Address: Menara BTPN, Lingkar Mega Kuningan, Jl. Dr. Ide Anak Agung Gede Agung Kav 5.5 - 5.6, Rooftop Floor, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 2295 8194
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - midnight


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment