Sunday, December 4, 2016

Palatable Dining with Classic Ambiance at Patio

Patio, the name itself meant an outdoor space usually used for dining or recreation, which was connected to a residence. Well, I guess that might be the major reasons why the establisher did want to name it Patio. Don't get me wrong, Patio's actually not in the same spot as any residence or hotel; it's just owned by Plataran, the group of hotels and resorts which are available in some of the hottest tourist spots of Indonesia. 






The venue looked so classy to me, giving that elegant and luxurious ambiance, which's perfect for fine dining. However, despite of the circumstances and the fact that it served Western foods, mostly Italian, for me personally it delivered that strong Indonesian touch in the design. 








Divided into several small private rooms, whose design differ one to another, the place really dig my curiosity to go all around to figure out and get mesmerized by how beautiful each of them was set up. At the center of the venue, there resided the main area with multiple long tables for those who opted not to go with private rooms. A gorgeous grand piano was placed at one of the corner, which raised my imagination on how nice it would be when live music was played. My friends and I then ended up sitting at the spot next to the huge glass windows, which looked like a sizable living room to me. 









Actually, not only the ambiance that treated the guest with semi-fine-dining experience, the service delivered was also highly delightful. Responsive and knowledgeable waiters, even super friendly chef, making me completely understand what were inside the plates I enjoyed. 











While waiting for the foods, I had one of their mocktails to quench my thirst. Unquestionable one to go for in the hot sunny Jakarta. Actually, it was a quite distinctive one looking at the number of different fruits it tried to mix into a single glass. Not only having unique name, this Prunus Presica did have satisfying unique taste. Such a delightful twist of tropical flavors!



Prunus Presica (IDR 57k)
Peach, pineapple, lychee, strawberry, and lemon

Basically, at this visit I was trying almost all choices of dishes served for their 3-course lunch package. Yes, you got it right if you've just thought of appetizer, main course, and dessert. All of them were freshly prepared by the newly coming Italian chef, Chef Vicenzo de Turris, who has previously worked in Michelin-star Restaurants in USA and Italy. So let's not have too long talk anymore and directly go to each of them ;)

Complimentary Bread
My hungry tummy was first filled by the 3 dishes from appetizer group. I started with Italian Salad, which majorly contained veggies. Well, honestly speaking it didn't suit my palate as it's quite too bitter for me.  Fortunately, the Tomato Soup was there with the nice herbs taste. But my most favorite among all was the Mushroom Soup, which came in slightly creamy texture and super rich flavor. Not to mention the palatable truffle oil, whose addictive aroma was still stuck in my mind even when I was writing this :p



Italian Salad
Tomato, rucola , fresh basil, olive oil, shaved parmesan and balsamic reduction
Tomato Soup
Spicy tomato soup
Mushroom Soup
Creamy Porcini Mushroom soup
Coming next, the main course, which was also the one with most number of options. Kickstarting this main part, two types of protein were landed on the table; the one living under the sea and the one eating grass. Yes you got the perfect score if you just mentioned fish and beef. Both were grilled, but coming in different sauces and with different carbo as the companions. The first one was a bit spicy and served with rice. I was really in love with the moist fish texture and the flavorful sauce, making me wish I could have slightly more of the sauce and perhaps spicier a bit ;). Whereas for the latter one, cooked medium well, the tenderloin was lovely as it's tender and juicy regardless it's already left for quite some time since my friends and I needed to take its pictures prior to eat it. The seasoning could be strongly tasted even till the center part, and the black-pepper touch was indeed an indulgence for my taste bud. One thing that should also be highlighted was the veggies, yes veggies. Surprisingly, the sautéed eggplant and zucchini were superb! Healthy didn't always hurt ;)


Grilled Barramundi
Grilled Barramundi in spicy sauce with rice and veggies

Minutes Steak
Tenderloin steak with veggies and french fries

What's Italian dishes without pizza and pasta? So there they were on our table as well. For the pizza, we went for the classic one, Margherita. Simple mixture of ingredients yet was able to deliver sophisticated taste with perfectly thin crust and luscious cheese taste. 


Pizza - Margherita
Mozzarella, podomori sauce, basil
As a fan of pasta, the following two should never be missed by me. They're mandatory to have! Despite that they could possibly be found elsewhere, this type of taste with the same dish might be not easily gotten in any places. The pasta was cooked al dente and the toppings were generously given and flawlessly blended in. Specific for the Lasagna, the mozzarella cheese on top and within the layers? Top notch!! Nevertheless, nothing could beat the Ravioli Spinach. None on the table could disagree that it's the owner of the day's spotlight. The spinach stuffing inside the ravioli was just like amusing hidden surprise, the treasure to be found! Served together with succulent cream and mushroom sauce with a hint of truffle in the blend, this dish was nothing but excellent! Every single component was provided at the right level, delivering the perfect balance; neither too creamy, nor too light, yummy till the very last spoon.

Lasagna
Beef Lasagna in Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
Ravioli Spinach
Ravioli with spinach stuffing, cooked in cream and mushroom sauce with a hint of truffle


As usual, the closing and the climax of the set, DESSERTS! That's the thing I loved about having full-course meal; desserts would always be a part of it, never to be missed and was placed at the last, crafting the best ending. 



Hmm. Perhaps after the heavy ones, you preferred something light and refreshing, and you were more into the fruity flavor. So here was the perfect choice for you, Mango Sorbet. At first I doubted that I would like it as I was more into something milky, but unexpectedly I found myself keep digging from the glass :p. Then came my friend's most favorite, which he kept highlighting even since we just arrived at the venue, Creme Caramel. Simply said, similar to creme brulee without the hard caramel layer. The eggy taste (in a good way surely) was well accompanied by the sweet caramel. Killing duet! And finally, my most favorite dessert, Coconut Panna Cotta with raspberry sauce. It could show that cute dance once I gave a bit jiggle on the plate, and it could give that cute dance  of excitement in my heart as well as it literally melted in my mouth!

Mango Sorbet
Also available in lemon and raspberry
Creme Caramel
A custard dessert made from whipped cream, eggs, toping with caramel
Panna Cotta
Coconut panna cotta with a hint of raspberry sauce
Having tried those dishes, my best recommendation to go for is the combination of Mushroom Soup for appetizer, Ravioli Spinach or Lasagna for main course, and Panna Cotta for dessert. You might have wondered as well how much this set was actually priced. Awesome news, you needn't worry as you could have all of them at just IDR 149k nett everyday at 11.30 - 14.30. Coming in fulfilling portions, for me it's such a worthy deal, isn't it?


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


PATIO
Address: Jl Wijaya XIII No 45, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 21 7241 362 / (+62) 21 7241 363 / (+62) 81118 0426
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 11pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment