Sunday, December 18, 2016

Seductive Brunch at Elgin Avenue

Having brunch in this paradise island has always been a delightful one for me. Well, perhaps I'm a bit bias on this but yes, I love staying here. The ambiance, the people, the scenery, almost everything always make me feel that I'm somewhere far away, where people are nice, living peacefully, very welcome, and simply enjoy life. And this tiny cafe located at the currently hype Kerobokan area, is surely not an exception.



The design is just like typical cafes in Bali, simple and natural. Bricks and tiles, white and black, minimal yet sophisticated. Though it's not a very homey one with huge sofas and big cushions, yet it was nice enough  as place to stop-by for breakie. 


Don't underestimate the cafe from its size or appearance, the arrays of dishes provided are actually quite rich and most of them remind me of common Australian breakfast. Yes, that's one of the reasons why I'm always in love with Bali cafe. Perhaps being close to Australia and having many Australian tourists coming, Bali does serve perfect Australian dishes, allowing you to enjoy the same taste without having to travel far away and spend tons of pennies. 



Talking about Australian savory breakie menu, there's one ingredient which's never missed and can even be said always becomes the main one. If you've just mentioned egg, you can't be more right. 


It took quite some time for our 'eggy' dishes to be served. Yeah, though the service's not that speedy, who cared about time when you're in Bali? There's always another minute coming to substitute the ones passed. In the end, time you enjoyed wasting was never wasted. Anyway, all the waiters and waitresses were very nice and welcome so you could take your time guys and we'd be patiently waiting ;). And please don't forget, do send some cups of caffeine to accompany us listening to the ticking clock *another wink*

Hot Cappuccino (IDR 28k)


This cup was quite a nice one to satisfy my morning caffeine need, though I did prefer it to go bolder.  

Hot Lemongrass Tea (IDR 20k)


Not much thing to say on this one as it's just leaf tea with lemongrass flavor. Perhaps if I could have the real lemongrass, it would be awesome :)

Rich and Creamy Scramble (IDR 55k)


Finally the wait's over and the dishes were there landed on the table. My first love went to this first menu I tried, the one that made me fall in love at the first sight. Simple yet so gorgeous with beautiful mix of colors from the common ingredients. Cooked with butter, the scrambled eggs weren't only look seductive with its shiny yellow color, but also so tasty once it melted in your mouth. Combining the smooth eggs with the chewy roasted cherry tomato and sauteed mushroom, then put all of them on top of the crispy sourdough toast, you could enjoy the delectable blend of flavors and three different texture delivered at once <3

Elgin Big Breakfast (IDR 75k)



Oops. I might have to revise or emmmm.. betrayed my first love. The second one was also too good to be true. This gigantic plate serving Elgin's Big Breakfast was a heavenly indulgence! It did serve every single component you could ever wish for your big breakfast and it was literally A BIG ONE. The eggs, for which my friends and I went for sunny side up, were tasteful and perfectly runny letting us to enjoy that delicious molten egg yolk. The crispy and salty (in a good way for sure) bacon and the sauteed mushroom were also delightful. And don't underestimate the chipolattas just because they're oftenly called as small thin breakfast sausages, they're so flavorful that I couldn't hold myself for having more. Most importantly, the hashbrown which was the greatest part of this plate, the one we were fighting to have more. Hands down to Elgin's hashbrown, I could bravely say that I've never had any hashbrown better than this. Crispy texture, rich flavor, such a palate spoiler! 

Elgin Crispy Egg Benedict (IDR 70k)





Going to the third dish, which was another one I fell for. Yeah, sorry to say, each of them had their own uniqueness to make me get addicted. Unlike the common egg benedict, for me this Elgin's version was a distinctive one as it served the poached eggs in crunchy texture having them being bread-crumbed then deep fried. Honestly speaking, I couldn't imagine how they could make it and now I completely understood if they did take some time to serve this dish. I was really amazed by the perfectly runny eggs despite the fact that they were deep fried! Being presented on top of ham and the healthy-yet-yummy smashed avocado, this dish was voluptuous not only in terms of its look, but also its taste. Moreover, you needn't be afraid from missing your carbo here as you did have it served with sourdough and that signature hollandaise sauce of egg benedict. To summarize, another one to die for!

Choosing Elgin Avenue as the first stop to have our heavy meal on that day was indeed one of the best decision we made. It was such a rare case to be found that every single dish served in the place left different uniqueness to remember. Not to forget, all of them did come in very reasonable price especially considering the fulfilling portion. This place was doubtlessly a drug and I wouldn't think twice to say yes for coming back here.


Taste: 9/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


ELGIN AVENUE
Address: Jl. Mertanadi, Kerobokan Kelod, Kuta Utara, Bali
Phone: (+62 877) 6131 4449 
Operating Hours: Sun - Mon 8am - 5pm, Tue - Sat 8am - 9pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment