Sunday, January 1, 2017

Spanish Lunch by the Beach at AKUA Bali

When you looked at the restaurant, it might not look like typical Spanish restaurant especially in Jakarta, which usually came in more formal and elegant design. Nonetheless, covering itself in more casual design, AKUA actually made its ambiance become more homey and hence cozier to spend longer time. 





Having glass doors covering the whole venue, which was actually located right across the beach, AKUA allowed the guests to enjoy the 'natural air conditioner'; fresh wind blowing and seagulls roaring, while at the same time being spoiled by the stunning panorama of the beach and people doing watersports or simply chilling. 

It's actually quite a huge one, having both indoor and outdoor seating. When it's not raining, even sitting in the indoor space, you could still enjoy the fresh air as all the glass doors will be widely opened. Unfortunately, when my friends and I were there, it's raining terribly that they had to close all the doors *frowned*.






Call it a coincidence, the owner's originally from Spain, no that's not the coincidence as I'm not done yet. So what's it? Surprise surprise, the owner's wife's actually my friend's childhood best mate. Yes, you heard it right, the wife of the very friendly guy giving us warm welcome right after we entered the restaurant. Such a beautiful coincidence, wasn't it? My friend @yennymakanmulu and the owner's wife, were even neighbors, whom were as close as family. It then turned to be an unexpected reunion for them who haven't met for uncountable years.





Lemongrass Tea



Desired to quench my thirst with something refreshing, I opted for this Iced Lemongrass Tea, which supposedly came with ginger. As I hated ginger, I requested it to come without ginger. Quite a delight drink since they used real lemongrass instead of only instant tea with lemongrass flavor. 

Coco Banana


This belonged to my friend yet I did try it. Quite interesting right, having banana smoothies with coconut touch. As both the fruits did have strong flavor, it was a very tantalizing one as you could taste both of them without having one dominating another. Rare to be found, yet looked like a valuable treasure to be attained.

Tortilla de Patata (IDR 45k)


Starting with this very simple dish, which didn't only look simple but indeed had simple combination of ingredients. It's actually signature Spanish tapas, which could be found in I guess all Spanish restaurants. Mixing the duo of eggs and diced-cut potatoes, this appetizer gave me a huge surprise as I initially wasn't that interested looking at its appearance but once I had my first bite, I was hypnotized right away with its taste! Voila!! Perhaps it's the most tantalizing omelette I've ever had in lifetime. 

Gambas Al Ajillo (IDR 58k)



Another round of light bite, but with extra happiness from the shrimp. OMG seriously, no wonder Spanish guys love their country damn much. Different from the first impression I got from the first one,  this second one has stolen my heart away since the beginning. Especially when it came to the moment I smelled the aroma; I was stunned for awhile as it was so tempting! That palatable garlicky smell might kill any vampire on the spot as it's super bold, yummm! Not being able to hold ourselves any longer, when all my friends and I were done with our snaps, we immediately enjoyed this sauteed garlic shrimp with the bread served on its side. Though we had this dish not warm anymore unlike how it's recommended, it was still finger-lickin' awesome! Strong garlic flavor, perfectly complemented with the hint of olive oil. Umm, I guessed I didn't mind having this as main course ;). 

Paella Seafood (IDR 225k)



Oowww. I revised my prior statement. I would go for another main course as the paella was certainly irresistible. Served in a quite gigantic plate, this Spanish rice which was said to be for two, for my size could be for up to 4 people especially because I didn't fancy rice that much. Blending various spices, this paella was so rich of flavors and the seafood toppings were given so generously, mixing prawns, mussels, and squids. The price paid was so worthy with this abundant quantity and ingredients, not to mention that all the seafood was so fresh, pampering my taste bud and tummy very well. 


This delightful premiere experience will surely bring me back here for their other dishes. Every single choice we picked led us to be beyond satisfied. And at the next visit, I would certainly follow the owner's suggestion, eat while warm, to get the ultimate delicacy ;)


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10



Thanks for Reading! :)


AKUA BALI
Address: Jl Pemelisan Agung 27, Jimbaran, Bali
Phone: (+62 361) 709071
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8.30 am - 10.30pm
Website . Facebook . Instagram


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment