Monday, January 30, 2017

Artistry, The Artsy Space Next to Bugis

Coffee shop and art space in a single package, well, common to find in Bandung while never come into my mind that I'd find one in Singapore. Took me to another surprise, it's actually not something new as this place has been there for quite long time. I've even repeatedly see the snaps taken there, yet I just hadn't known that it's actually a very artistic spot. 





From the outside, you could already tell the place's such a perfect OOTD spot. Walls with pictures and words, simple yet sophisticated. Thanks God I went here with my friends who were always professional photographers of myself. Snap, snap, and more snaps!




Located just 5-minute-walk away from Bugis MRT station, to be exact at the Kampong Glam heritage district, the venue itself was not like common art space which was usually quite huge. It was quite a small one, especially the indoor area, where the tables were quite close one to another. It was still a cozy place nonetheless, as they provide various types of chairs as well to fulfill different preferences and different number of people; starting from the one for couples, for family, till bigger groups. Besides usual chairs, they did have sofas, which were surely more comfy for spending the lazy chilling time. 

I myself preferred the outdoor one as I could breathe the fresh air from this area. Yeah, I couldn't get it in Jakarta, as much as I could get here in Singapore so shouldn't miss it, should I *wink*? Besides, outdoor seating also meant bigger space and natural light for the Instagram snaps (I guessed the last one was actually the most honest reason ;) ).







The service delivered by this coffee shop's surely an important highlight that impressed me the most. The waitress immediately gave a warm welcome when my friend and I just reached the entrance. She quickly directed us to the vacant table we preferred and assisted us with the recommended dishes. You surely got my appreciation!





My taste bud couldn't be spoiled better than what it got in my last Singapore culinary trip with my friends. Brunch dishes to start every single morning, just like what I liked the most. 

Big Breakfast (SGD 22)



Coming on the table in the big beautifully hand-crafted pottery, this Big Breakfast of Artistry 'wow-ed' all of us. Perhaps this was so called breakfast of a champion, serving various proteins in generous portion. Luckily, I could have it shared with my friends and thus I could leave some space in my tummy to try another one. If I might say, this dish was one of the richest Big Breakfast I've ever found as it contained almost everything you could ever ask for from a Big Breakfast. Great thing, I was in love with almost all of them. Though the after-taste of the spicy Italian pork sausage didn't really go well with my palate, but the grilled portobello, the streaky bacon, and the pommes noisettes (sautéed potato balls) successfully had my hands-up as I was sold. Having it with the mix of yolks from the runny sunny side up and the sautéed baby spinach with garlic, had made my day started with a wide smile on the face. 


Duck Confit Beurre Noisette (SGD 20)




The second one we opted for was pasta as my friend Darius had kept mentioning since early in the morning that he'd been craving for pasta. Our choice fell on this linguine, which was tossed in Beurre Noisette, brown butter sauce which was typically used for French cuisine. The main toppings blended together with the pasta were shredded duck leg, chili flakes, garlic, cherry tomatoes, shaved Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan cheese), and Italian parsley; another rich mixture of ingredients. Honestly said, I had a love-hate relationship with this dish as it was quite oily despite that the pasta was cooked al-dente, the overall taste was actually not bad and the shredded duck was abundantly given. 


Hot Cappuccino (SGD 5)



For the coffee, Artistry used Liberty Coffee, which was a local Singaporean coffee roaster. It was a pretty decent cup though I couldn't say that it's my favorite one. Still worth to try though, who knew it could suit your liking? ;)


Hot Mocha (SGD 6)




Compared to the cappuccino, I could say that I was more into the mocha as I loved the bold dark chocolate flavor in it as well as how it's being not overly sweet. A great balance delivered in a single cup and totally pampered me in the early beautiful morning.


If you're getting curious after looking at the shots taken here, I could say that it's a recommended place to visit since it might be quite rare to find such an artsy coffee shop. Moreover, it's also a highly accessible one so you needn't have to worry of getting lost or having to walk long distance. 


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


ARTISTRY
Address: 17 Jalan Pinang, Singapore
Phone: (+65) 6298 2420
Operating hours: Tue - Sat 9am - 11pm, Sun 9am - 4pm

Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment