Sunday, January 15, 2017

Celebrating the Second Day of Dutch Colony Coffee at River Valley

Yuhuuuu! Finally here we were in Singapore! Going back from Bali, this has been the day we're really looking forward to. This time, the exciting trip was with Darius and Yenny, well I might call them my forever-available travel partners LOL. One great thing, Singapore's like the second home to Darius as he travelled here very often, both for leisure and business. So we had our experienced full-time travel guide now. 

Trying to be a 'professional guide' for us, he has browsed for some new places in the town. And call it coincidence, Dutch Colony Coffee Company just established its third branch 2 days ago at River Valley, 5-minute car ride from where we stayed. 



Arriving at the place, we realized that they had no outdoor space frowned. We then tried to see how it looked inside and the owner right away gave us warm greeting. We talked for quite awhile with her in Sing-lish, then suddenly my friend popped out a question in Bahasa. Hilariously, we then figured out that the owner's an Indonesian, making all of us ended up into big laughters. 
 

In this outlet, they're trying to sell the casual concept, allowing the guests dressed as informal as possible since they wanted to welcome everyone who craved for a cup of nice coffee, regardless their ages, their genders, their jobs, and most importantly their dresses. "Everyone could come at every time and we would ensure you would always be warmly welcomed", quoting what exactly the owner mentioned to us. 

The venue itself was not that 'huge huge', yet quite a spacious one for typical coffee shop in Singapore. It was designed in minimalist and modern theme, not the kinfolk-ish kind of coffee shop like what we mostly had in Jakarta, yet the same cozy one.  







Craving for a cup of caffeine, we finally ended up still coming in and placed our order, regardless the outdoor space's actually not there. As I hadn't had my sweet breakie doze as well, when I spotted the Speculoos Cheesecake (SGD 7.9) displayed in the chiller, I immediately called it out to be listed on my order. Yesss, I was directly sold by the combination of those two ingredients I'd always fallen for, yet could be rarely found anywhere else. Luckily, my interest was completely satisfied with the lip-smacking taste of the cake. Thanks to the simple yet appetizing appearance that didn't lie at all. I almost finished the whole cake and I guessed both my friends only got the chance to take their trial bites. Sorry guys, but the moist texture and the not overly creamy taste was addicting. The cinnamon taste could be strongly felt, yet still at balanced level as it's not eliminating the cheese taste. Simply yummm!

Speculoos Cheesecake (SGD 7.9)
Going to the most exciting part, the caffeine portion. When Darius opted for Cappuccino (SGD 5), I opted for the Skinny (SGD 5) one. It's kinda funny when I realized that I was quite nervous, making the wild guess if it would be nice or not. Yes, Singaporean coffee was indeed typically more expensive than the one you could get in Indonesia with the same size, so I definitely expected it to be a nice one ;).

Cappuccino (SGD 5)
Having the first sip, I waited for Darius to make his comment just to ensure I was not bias in sharing my opinion and he was also not influenced by mine. Unexpectedly, both of us were successfully taken by our cups. Shortly saying, this coffee was just right looking from every single aspect. Slightly acid, bold coffee flavor, and nice after taste; such a mind blower in the early holiday morning!

Skinny Cappuccino (SGD 5)
Not in the mood for coffee? Try their Hot Chocolate (SGD 5), which's just another heart-stealer. My friend Yenny immediately called out that she loved it right after she took her first sip. It was more into dark chocolate taste, but neither too bitter nor too sweet. Another yeay from me!

Hot Chocolate (SGD 5)
When the owner came again to us before we left to ask our inputs, it's certainly one of the easiest questions to answer. Everything's palatable and highly satisfying. You successfully got us at the first trial, Dutch Colony Coffee. So you did deserve the 'see you later' from us :)



Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8/10


DUTCH COLONY COFFEE CO.
Address: UE Square 1st Floor, 81 Clemenceau Avenue (3rd branch), Singapore
Phone: (+65) 6904 4522
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 7.30am - 5.30pm, Sat - Sun 8am - 4pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment