Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gigantic Heavenly Suite at Jimbaran Bay Beach Resort & Spa

It’s been almost a month since the time I flew out of Ngurah Rai International Airport. Yeah, time did fly so fast and sorry that it took me quite long before I finally came up with this review on Jimbaran Bay Beach Hotel. And this time, when I was writing about this hotel, I've already missed Bali too much and badly wanted to go back there right away. Yeah, hopefully it could happen real real soon!


So there I was, at my last visit to Bali, spending 2 days of the short sweet escape at one spot in Bali, which's very famous of its seafood. Yesss, you got it right if you just guessed it's Jimbaran. I was so excited when I knew that my friends and I would stay at this area, since one of my bestfriends in university did work and reside there. So let's begin the exciting trip!




Actually, a day before arriving in Jimbaran, I was staying for a night in Nusa Dua, in Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa, which was a hotel with very strong cultural Balinese touch in its design. Moving to Jimbaran Bay Beach, it was a 180-degree different ambiance and interior. Both of them amazed me, in totally distinct way, one from another. If the first one was so traditional and ethnic, the latter was really chic and minimalist, bringing contemporary concept for its hotel arrangement and decoration. So this vacation apparently gave me a complete package of experience to excite me. 






Some of you who've read some of my previous reviews, might have known that I went to Bali with my fellow foodie friends. We're all staying together in Jimbaran Bay Beach, yet each of us got different types of room. The first time I heard of that from the receptionist, I was really looking forward to visiting each of our rooms to figure out how they would 'surprise me'. And apparently, this time the fortune did go to my side as I got the most spacious room and I loved it the most compared to the others (well, sorry guys *peace*). 




Basically, this quite newly opened hotel had 11 types of rooms coming in various sizes and set-up, which in total summed up to 118. Honestly speaking, when I initially stepped my feet into the hotel, I wasn't expected that it was actually that big as it looked quite minimalist from the lobby. The swimming pool was quite spacious though it was not the gigantic one that made you feel like it had no end when you were swimming. However, the simple design of this hotel was actually comforting and somehow even made feel like going back home.





So back to my big big room, I actually got their Legong Keraton room, a 68-sqm suite covered in mainly wooden-themed design, including the wall and the floor. I was quite amazed by the huge size of not only the room, but also the bathroom, having large shower room and vacant space between the closet, the sink, and the shower itself. The bathtub was separately located at the private balcony, where I could have my bubble bath while enjoying the panoramic blue sky and pool view. Over there, I did have my massage board so no need to go to the massage spot to get the service as I could have it right at my room. Not only being able to chill there, I did have my other space, the long cushion next to the bed, kind of 'living room' inside my bedroom for me. The comfort didn't stop there as I still had my pampering queen-size bed to boost my power for the whole following day LOL. Surprise surprise, there were only 2 of these spoiler rooms in this hotel, what a LUCK!   




Now I believe by imagining how the room was from my description, you had no single doubt why I loved the room soooo much! If only I didn't remember that I wanted to go for cafe hoping, perhaps I would stay the whole day in the room simply relaxing and relieving the stress.



As one of the privileges gotten by staying in this room, I got one time free cocktail for two at Baruna Sky Lounge. Located at the 5th floor, which was also the rooftop part of the hotel, it was highly recommended to visit the sky lounge at sunset time so you could enjoy the blissful view from this spot. However, if you missed the moment, you didn't need to worry as you could actually try to visit later in the evening since it opened daily from 5 to 11pm. Live music, gigantic space, tons of spots for gorgeous snaps!









While enjoying the view and breathing the fresh air, you would be accompanied by selections of beverages, ranging from fresh juices, smoothies, tea, coffee, mocktail, cocktail, and other alcoholic beverages. 





My friends and I had 3 of their cocktails, each of which came with its own uniqueness, mixing different types of ingredients. All of them were refreshing, containing various fruits combined into a single glass. My personal favorite was the Apple Mint Tonic as its slightly sour taste gave me a 'wake-up kick' in the flavorful way. None of the ingredients went out too strong, yet the blend of taste turned really well.


Apple Mint Tonic 95k 
(Mixture of apple, mint leaf, grape, vodka, sweet sour, lemon and tonic water), 
Red Dragon Mojito 95k 
(Vodka, blackcurrant liqueur, lime juice, dragon fruit, lime wedges, mint leaf, lemon sliced and sprite), 
Batur Lava Flow 95k 
(2 layers of light rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream, vodka, strawberry fruit, and sweet sour)

Not stopping there, we did get another benefit of daily buffet breakfast at Hiu Restaurant & Wine Lounge. Nonetheless, I wouldn't bring you through that as you might think it's too common to be shared as most hotels served almost the same menu for breakie. Thus, I preferred to tell you about our complimentary lunch at exactly the same restaurant.







While having the view of the pool, my friends and I enjoyed the selections of dishes provided, ranging from authentic Indonesian ones up to the ones with Western touch. Honestly speaking, the western dishes particularly the pasta, didn't really suit my liking as both the Vegetables Cream Pasta (IDR 103k) and the Clam Fettuccini (IDR 79k) were a bit too flat for me. As the pasta has been cooked al dente, it would be awesome if the sauce could also be more flavorful.

Vegetables Cream Pasta (IDR 103k)
Fresh young vegetables, spaghetti, cooking cream and egg yolk
Clam Fettuccini (IDR 79k)
Rainbow clam, dried chili, lemon basil, white wine, chop garlic and fettuccini
'Mandatory anthem' to have while in Bali, P.O.R.K! Figuring out that we're going to have Spicy BBQ Pork Ribs (IDR 150k) on the table, I was beyond excited since I did love this dish too much. Giving it a try, I fell in love with the texture which was so tender. Nonetheless, I guessed the seasonings should went stronger, to allow the palate be spoiled by the rich flavor. 

Spicy BBQ Pork Ribs (IDR 150k)
Spicy BBQ sauce, pork ribs, steam rice and mixed salad
Fortunately the latter trio came as the savior to the lunch, serving traditional Indonesian heavy meals. The gigantic plates at first surprised all of us as I believe you could see how big they literally were, almost as big as my mom's wok as home I guessed LOL. Great stuff, it's not useless that the size of the plates were that huge, as they were filled with lots of different components. 

Nasi Campur Bali (IDR 91k)
Authentic Balinese rice with ayam betutu, minced chicken in banana leaf, lawar sayuran with peanut and sate lilit, with spicy egg
Nasi Gado Gado (IDR 85k)
Our special dish with Pork ribs, egg fried rice, chicken satay served chili peanut sauce
Nasi Gado Gado (IDR 85k)
Our special dish with Pork ribs, egg fried rice, chicken satay served chili peanut sauce
Serving Balinese signature meal, this first Indonesian dish - Nasi Campur Bali (IDR 91k) was rich of colors, flavor, and ingredients. Great choice for those who love spicy food and preferred chicken. Whereas for those who're up for pork, go for Nasi Gado Gado (IDR 85k)! Extra joy for you,  instead of plain rice, this was served with fried rice, yeaayy! As I might have repeatedly said, I believed most Indonesian palate did agree with me that warm fried rice with egg would be the perfect couple that would almost never go wrong. 


Green Curry Oxtail (IDR 125k)
Served with onion, green pepper, leek, coriander leaf, green curry paste served with steam rice
The last and for sure the best savory dish on the table, Green Curry Oxtail (IDR 125k). Thanks for coming the latest as you created beautiful ending to the story of the main courses. Unlike soupy curry, this one came in thick texture with less water content. The taste was very rich , blending multiple herbs and seasonings in it. Making it even more indulging, the main actor - the oxtail, came in impeccable texture being so juicy and tender. And if you loved those muscle part of the beef, this was doubtlessly dedicated to you. Yuuummmm!

Almost being missed because we're pretty running out of time at that moment, luckily we still ended up trying the desserts, Hot Chocolate Fondant (IDR 60k) and Tiramisu (IDR 50k). Despite both of them were quite common ones which you might easily find anywhere else, I did love Hiu Restaurant's version. The Hot Chocolate located at the center of the Fondant perfectly bursted out when the cake was cut. Bold dark chocolate taste, balanced with the sweetness from the chocolate ice cream and fruit salad. Additionally, the Tiramisu was 'Da Bomb' for me, having a hint of chocolate and a touch of alcohol in it. A million of flavors in a single bite!

Hot Chocolate Fondant (IDR 60k)
with Chocolate Ice Cream and Fresh Fruit Salad
Tiramisu (IDR 50k)
with Chocolate and Icing Sugar

Tons of thanks to Jimbaran Bay Beach for the unforgettable experience presented to my friends and I. We extremely enjoy our staycation here and I could sincerely shout out that I was too in love with my room! I really hope to come back for much more nights here.


Thanks for reading! :)



JIMBARAN BAY BEACH RESORT & SPA
Address: Jl. Pantai Kedonganan 888, Jimbaran Bay, Bali
Phone: (+62 361) 705 999



Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment