Monday, January 2, 2017

Noh! by Pison, The New Family Member to My Most Favorite Coffee Shop in Bali

Pison Coffee, one of the best coffee shop I've been in Bali, which will surely make me keep coming back especially for their Caramel Macchiato. This time, when my friends and I went to Bali and stayed for a couple of days at Jimbaran area, we would surely not miss the chance to visit the newest comer from Pison, Noh!





I was always about to laugh when I heard the name Noh! as it made me recall back the time when my friends and I kept making fun of it. Yeah as you knew, in Bahasa's slang, we sometimes called something we pointed at as 'noh'. Thus, when we're almost arriving at the place and at the point where we could see the coffee shop already, we kept mentioning to each other 'noh, it's there'. Ok forget about all those cheesy stuffs, let's directly see what it had for us. Sit back and enjoy reading :)





Noh! was actually located at the newly opened hotel and shopping center, Samasta at Jimbaran. When you passed by Samasta, you could immediately see Noh! as the spot's actually at the front side, close to the entrance. Having small outdoor area in front and quite petite indoor space as well, this coffeeshop reminded me of typical Sydney's one. The decoration's simple yet very eye-catchy with coffee-themed wall paintings all over the corner. Yesss, those photogenic spots for your OOTD snaps, and that's exactly the opportunity my friends and I wouldn't miss so there it went our 'ala candid' session. 



As my friends and I had had our light breakfast in the hotel, so we're actually not that hungry. Considering that we still wanted to visit multiple places upon that as well, so we chose to go for their light bites and our option landed at the Bruschetta, plus the Almond Croissant, which you might have correctly guessed as my request since something sweet's a must for me. 

Bruschetta (IDR 45k)



Presentation wise, this dish might look gorgeous with that bright red color. Nonetheless, that also meant it mainly contained tomatoes, which was served on top of sour dough. Luckily, it still had a hint of goat cheese in the mixture to neutralize the sour taste from the fresh tomatoes. Overall, this starter wasn't made for me I guessed. I preferred the sour dough to be softer and the toppings to have more variety of ingredients; perhaps meat, cheese, or mushroom?

Almond Croissant (IDR 30k) 



After having quite a dilemma between chocolate or almond, we finally opted for almond. Being re-heated, this almond croissant successfully gave that appealing aroma which simply made no one could hold any longer to have a try. Well, it might be not the most scrumptious almond croissant ever, yet you still had that satisfying flaky pastry and tasty base as well as filling. 

Ham and Cheese Bagel (IDR 50k)


As I mentioned in prior that we didn't order anything heavy, so actually this didn't belong to me. Yeah, it's my other friend's who came later, yet I did try it yeay! Literally like what you saw in the picture, it's indeed a very simple combination of bagel, ham, cheese, and lettuce. Fortunately it didn't belong to me, otherwise I would be quite disappointed. Yes, they did mention it's Ham and Cheese Bagel, yet I just over-expected initially that it would have something more special than just stuffing simple ready-to-use ham and cheddar cheese. Though the taste was okay, I couldn't find anything distinctive from this dish.But yeah, if you just wanted simple ham and cheese and didn't fancy something beyond, this might suit you well.

Finally coming to the beverage part, the main attraction drawing me here, the COFFEE!! And YESSS! Exactly the same taste as the one I had in Pison's main outlet. Such a pampering one with bold coffee flavor, slight acidity, and clean after taste. Both the cappuccino and the piccolo were indeed cups of seduction!

Cappuccino (IDR 35k)
Piccolo (IDR 30k)

Iced Mocha (IDR 48k)



When in need for the cold version and more flavor beyond coffee taste only, Iced Mocha couldn't serve you better. The chocolate touch did come as extra happiness in this drink, delivering more indulgence for your palate. 


Iced Chocolate (IDR 45k)


If you were non-coffee guy or simply fancied something sweeter, their Iced Chocolate could be the perfect alternative. A huge glass of strong dark chocolate which wasn't overly sweet, just like what my taste bud always loved. As it belonged to my friend, at first I just had a try. Please blame it to this beverage, there it came the second, third, and following sips *giggling*. 

Strawberry Juice (IDR 40k)


Desired something fresh instead of anything milky? You could go for their fresh fruit juices, just like this one. Well, I guessed the color could pretty much represent how it tasted and what's inside it. Yes, coming in that gorgeous red look, this strawberry juice had bold strawberry flavor meaning less water content. So fresh and surely worth the price paid.


Thanks to Pison for always serving me spoiling cup of caffeine. And this time, another impressive one from the non-coffee ones, which was surely a great plus point. It could be even more delightful in case the foods could have richer taste as well. Looking forward to having my morning doze here ;)



Taste: 7/10 (Food), 8.5/10 (Beverage)
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


NOH! BY PISON
Address: Samasta Lifestyle Village, Jl. Wanagiri No. 10, Jimbaran, Bali
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 9pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment