Monday, January 23, 2017

Pacamara Boutique Coffee, Another White Spot in Upper Thomson

"Wooowww is that a cool lab?". No no no guys, it's not. Tell you what? It's actually another 'white-addict' coffee shop in Upper Thomson area. Covered with window glass, it looked like an aquarium of people, and at the same time also meant free flow of natural light! As everything's white there with several coffee maker equipment on the bar, the place simply looked like a laboratory. 






At the center of the venue, there stood the long sharing table, where my friends and I also chose to sit. It's quite packed with people as I thought cafe hoping has become lifestyle as well here, or perhaps people were just being too sleepy in the middle of the sunny afternoon and hence caffeine shot would be mandatory. 







Initially desired to go for coffee only, I was then tempted to have something from the chiller as well. Too bad they put the chiller right next to the cashier, I was too weak to resist the temptation of ordering the cake LOL. My friend even laughed at me when I ended up going back to the table showing the bill that I opted for the dessert as well. You understood me too well, fella :P





White 3 oz & 5 oz (SGD 4.5 & SGD 5)

White 3 oz
White 5 oz
Being so sleepy already, I started with the coffee. As my friend picked the larger size one which was Cappuccino-alike, I opted for the smaller one as I did want Piccolo. But then "Oowww!", quite too acid for my palate. I then tried to have a sip from my friend's cup, hoping that it would be less sour, yet still I couldn't really take it :(. I guessed I should have opted for the lighter beans or might be go for extra milk shot. Luckily the after taste was pretty clean that the acid flavor didn't stay too long :)

Root Beer (SGD 5.5)



Great choice made by my friend, Yenny, as she went for the Root Beer. I guessed there couldn't be a better option, especially in this hot sunny day. I'd never seen this brand before, yet it matched my taste bud really well. So refreshing and not being overly sweet like typical carbonated drinks. Could we switch wink wink?

Matcha Azuki Tart (SGD 8)


After the acid one, here shined the sweet one! My random choice, which felt on this Green Tea & Red Bean Tart turned out highly satisfying. The crunchy tart base was complemented by the moist toppings on it. For the toppings itself, the sweet and soft green tea mousse was well-accompanied by the more-plain and thicker red bean paste. Quite a nice companion for your afternoon chilling or working time. 



Final saying, though the coffee wasn't really me, yet I loved the ambition of the venue as for me it's quite cozy for spending long time. One more thing, they actually served heavy meals as well. As I haven't tried even a single one of them, so perhaps next visit? :P

Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)




PACAMARA BOUTIQUE COFFEE
Address: 185 Upper Thomson Road, Singapore 574333
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 9am - 11pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment