Sunday, January 29, 2017

Port Five Six, where Luscious Foods're Docked

"I SHOULD GO THERE A.S.A.P!!". The very first sentence popped out from my mouth when I firstly saw the picture of the place on my timeline. And I literally meant it. You might see the love struck on my eyes when I was looking at the photos (OK. Starting to be over-exaggerating LOL *peace*). But I couldn't be more honest, the place indeed looked so instagenic that not only me who was so excited of visiting this space. My friend has been asking me to go there as well, especially since both of us now reside at Serpong. Actually, it's already since last week yet I couldn't make it as I had to attend a meeting the previous day in Jakarta and I felt too lazy to go back to Serpong before Sunday.


Finally, today I stayed in Serpong and I could make it to the place. Too bad that my friend had to celebrate Lunar New Year with his family so he couldn't join me. Too bad it's also too far away from Jakarta that I couldn't ask my other foodie friends, who used to be my all-time partners when I still stayed in Jakarta *deep-frowned* :(. Luckily, this week my sister came to Serpong, accompanying me as well as to have 'a different weekend', escaping for awhile from the hectic Jakarta.


When we reached the place, our enthusiasm suddenly turned into disappointment as there's blackout and the barista told us that they couldn't take any order till the electricity's on *long long sigh*. I couldn't think of other things than it's such a pity if the cafe had to lose it's sales every time there's blackout. Well, since they're newly opened, I could still understand but I thought they should start thinking of the backup plan in case the same thing happened in the future. 

Since it's raining, my sister and I decided to still sit in the venue, while thinking and browsing on the place we should go as the alternative. Called it blessing in disguise, the connection there was so bad while the wi-fi was also off due to blackout, making it very slow to access any page and hence very hard to think of which coffee shop we should go instead. When we're still looking for another option in the middle of my sister's irritation, the electricity's finally on, bringing back the excitement and shoo-ing away the anger.

It's already quite late for lunch since we indeed woke up quite late today, trying to hibernate after the long tiring weekdays both of us have been through this week. Moreover, earlier in the morning we did have giant slices of cake for our breakfast as we had abundant cake supplies from the birthday cakes I got (yesss, it's my birthday last Wednesday *important*. LOL no, just kidding guys).






OK back to the topic, located close to Summarecon Mall Serpong, Port Five Six occupied the second floor and the 'parking space' of a two-storey building, whose first floor was used by Soto Ambengan Cak Sadli. First time looking at the first-floor outdoor area, which I mentioned as 'parking space' in prior, both my sister and I had the same thought in my mind, it simply looked like typical Aussie's coffee shop with that simple outdoor seating. 




Going upstairs, the venue also had indoor and outdoor area. The indoor spot was quite unique, having a dedicated place for people who wanted to sit cross-legged on the floor. There were also some tables located right next to the huge glass windows, allowing the guests to do people-watching when they sat there. Just like most coffee shops opened lately, Port Five Six also brought out the majorly grey-themed design, but adding it with green touch. I was deeply in love with the hanging leaves decorating the ceiling, such an innovative and creative idea! Another distinctive point from the interior, they did provide single-person seating for individuals who might prefer to sit by themselves, completely reminded me of some traditional restaurants in Japan.



Single-person seating
The outdoor seating itself was not a spacious one, residing at the balcony of the building. I guessed it's intentionally made for those who needed dedicated smoking area, but simultaneously could also be used for the guests who wanted to get fresh air while sipping their coffee.  


Thinking of going to some more places besides this coffee shop, we ended up ordering only 1 heavy meal and drinks. Having some dishes attracted us, we then asked for the recommendation from the barista and ended up opting for it. 

Eggs Shinjuku (IDR 86k)




Selling several all-time brunch menu, this Eggs Shinjuku turned to be one of the most favorite one. It's also the one occupying the first line on the menu, which I didn't know if it's intentionally put there or just a coincidence. The dish was gorgeously presented, serving poached eggs, crab sticks, avocado, and pan-seared salmon on top of sour dough. The stunning look and the appetizing aroma already made me drool even before I had my initial bite. 


Regardless the egg yolk wasn't perfectly runny, the taste was too good to believe. The salmon was flawlessly cooked at the precisely right doneness level; serving tender meat and crispy skin as a complete package. The avocado came as the healthy and fresh component of the dish. Not to forget, the tasty crab sticks which perhaps could be the best representative of that 'Shinjuku' name as it highlighted the Japanese part of the dish. In a nutshell, every single ingredient served on this plate seemed like complementing each other, giving a total satisfaction for my palate. Most importantly, looking at the fulfilling size of the dish especially the huge salmon, it's duobtlessly a worthy portion to be paid.



Cappuccino (IDR 29k)


Besides the arrangement of the venue, the coffee also brought back our memories of Australian coffee. Medium-bodied and low-acidity, impeccable caffeine doze and body-warmer in the middle of the cold rainy weekend. If the aroma could also go a bit stronger, it would be even more awesome.

Piccolo (IDR 28k)



The previous cup actually belonged to my sister, while this one was mine. Yes, my portion was always the less milky one and I did love mine better than hers as it had slightly stronger coffee flavor (though I love hers too!). If your coffee preference was just like what I described previously, then these cups surely deserved to be tried.


For those who're always up for instagenic spots, this place should definitely be on your top list. Not only the design, even the tableware was so 'Instagrammable'. Only trying one dish today, I would surely come back for having the other. Gladly said, it's close to home, yuhuuu! Big congrats for the opening, Port Five Six, and keep serving delectable dishes :)

*UPDATED AFTER 2ND VISIT*

I've been waiting for this time and unexpectedly it came sooner than expected! Yeaaayyy, my second visit to this coffee shop and it's much more crowded than before. Having been highly satisfied with the previous brunch menu I tried, I did feel extremely curious to try more of those listed on the menu. 

Watermelon Calamari Salad (IDR 50k)


Following the crowd, I had this Watermelon Salad as my starter this time. Quite a unique and creative invention I guessed as they're combining sweet refreshing watermelon with savory crispy calamari, blending different texture and balancing the dry ingredients with the ones rich of water. Just like yin and yang, each component complemented one another. These bite-size fried squids were indeed da bomb, so good that I wish I could have myself munching them while enjoying movies, what a wonderful life!

Pork Five Six (IDR 98k)



Named so similar to the coffee shop's name, I believed this menu had to be a special one, intentionally being made catchy to get people felt curious to try it, not to exclude me. Coming on the table, my friends and I couldn't hide our astonishment when first looking at those generous-sized pork belly. For my sister who loved the fat layer quite too much, that glazing part couldn't stop wow-ed her. Nonetheless, for me who had a big no to the fat part, I still had the super tender and juicy meat part which I adored uber much! Not to mention the hash brown which made us ended up in competition fighting to have bigger cuts of it. The egg, for which we picked sous vide style, had perfectly runny yolk, making those who looked at it couldn't resist from drooling. Simply said, everything served on the plate was too good to be true! Awesome combination brought there by Port Five Six <3.

Badak Float (IDR 30k)



If you've just thought that this drink's called Badak due to its gigantic size, nope that's totally not the scenario. It literally contained Badak, yesss that Indonesian carbonated drink with Sarsaparila-alike flavor. Such a treasure as you would hardly be able to find this 100-year-old Medan-originated drink anywhere in Jakarta. Not even mentioning when it's topped with a scoop of ice cream! You gotta be kidding if you said you hated it ;)

Having the second visit, the only thing I could say's "Plan yours A.S.A.P".


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)



PORT FIVE SIX
Address: Jl. Kelapa Gading Selatan Blok BH 10 No. 5-6, Serpong Utara, Tangerang
Phone: (+62 21) 542 00 918
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 10am - 10pm, Sat - Sun 9am - 10pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment