Saturday, February 11, 2017

No 27 Coffee, From The City of Borobudur to Serpong

Avoiding the demonstration happening in Jakarta, I decided to spend this Saturday in Serpong area and hence I ask my sister to come here for a sleepover at my place. Unlike the usual Saturday in Serpong, seemed like the one in this week was so crowded with quite heavy jam. First reason might be the non-stop heavy rain, yet the second I guessed was the people who avoided going to Jakarta as they didn't want to get stuck there in the 'worrying ambiance'. Perhaps some of people from Jakarta even came here to Serpong for security reason sigh. Well, I hope everything would go well and people realized that they should make peace instead of war and they had to be more mature in responding to stuffs. 



OK cut the story short, my sister and I opted to go for a hair cut in the morning, then go for cafe-hoping afterwards. We figured out that right across our hairdresser, there's a newly opened coffee shop, whose name was quite appealing. No. 27, sounded so simple yet right away made a question popped-up in my mind. Why the name's No. 27 while the address wasn't showing anything related to that particular number. I then took a close look and realized that they wrote Yogyakarta there so I started to understand. 

Being so curious (or it's fine if you preferred to read it 'kepo'), I asked the barista if this coffee shop indeed came from Yogya. They then shared to me that it's indeed exactly the same with the well-known No. 27 Coffee in this city of Borobudur. So the owner tried to spread its wings to another city and the choice fell on the developing Serpong area. 




It was a sizable venue with minimalist yet adorable design. The long sofas were gorgeously accompanied by colorful cushions, delivering the cheerful ambiance once you entered the venue. From the decoration, I could guess that the target covered the people who wanted to work, conduct meetings, or simply spend their laid-back time. With the quite petite table size, it might only accommodate a group with limited number of people. 



First time looking at the entrance door, it took me just seconds to realize that it totally reminded me of the red telephone box in Western countries. My attention was then dragged by the seats located at the most front area of the place. Such a photogenic spot for any selfie snaps, having those wide glass windows right next to the tables. Call me lucky, I arrived just in time and hey you dear hot spot, gotcha!




When I was about to order, I found out that currently they haven't served any heavy meals. Stating it clearer, basically the selections of munchies to be enjoyed with your beverages were everything you found displayed in the showcase. Yup, not much but I thought varied enough, having choices of both savory and sweet bites. 

My pick was the Tiramisu Bailey's Cake (IDR 30k), layers of tiramisu mousse and light chocolate sponge cake. Not bad, yet not 'my slice of cake' as well. Nothing particular to highlight regarding the taste as my palate took it like common traditional birthday cake instead of the Irish Cream flavor as I expected when I read the name Bailey's. 

Tiramisu Bailey's Cake (IDR 30k)
Just like being saved by the bell, the coffee did come as the healer. Cappuccino (IDR 30k) and Piccolo (IDR 28k) were there on the table to satisfy the Saturday morning's caffeine hunger. Both cups were pretty indulging having medium body and powerful aroma, yet this time surprisingly I was more into the Cappuccino as it's less acid. I was actually a happy kid as I found another nice place to go for coffee since I thought there have been only limited number of coffee shops in Serpong area which suited my preference. 

Cappuccino (IDR 30k)
Cappuccino (IDR 30k)
Piccolo (IDR 28k)
Piccolo (IDR 28k)
One menu showed on the list which I missed to try this time was Galyco, Gayo Lychee Coffee, which was actually the signature cup from No. 27 Coffee. It was similar to cold brew coffee made from Gayo beans, which was further enriched with additional lychee flavor, on top of the lychee taste it contained. Sounded unique enough, wasn't it? So I guessed I've made my mind on the next choice to go in my upcoming visit. I did hope they would come up with more options for the dishes and perhaps including the brunch menu as the ones they served in Yogyakarta. All the best, No. 27 Coffee :)



Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for reading! :)


NO. 27 COFFEE
Address: Ruko 7C's DF-2 no. 23, Tangerang
Phone: (+62) 821 1188 8798
Operating Hours: Mon - Sat 8am -10pm, Sun 10am - 6pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment