Friday, February 10, 2017

Dancing Goat, The Caffeine Cups that Keep you Dancing

I'm always impressed by the people who can invent such names, which are simply ear-catchy and always able to successfully wake others' intention to figure out what those stuffs actually are. And this newly opened coffee shop in Puri Indah area, is included in this particular group I'm talking about.

You think the name's just simple? Then I'll ask you to re-think if suddenly out of nowhere, you can get inspired and come up with this name. Well, I'll say only limited number of people can do that, thinking out of the box and come up with something uncommon. 





Actually, I firstly figured out about this coffee shop when I was scrolling over my Instagram timeline and saw it posted by one of my friends. As I mentioned, the name right away captured my interest as I found it distinctive. Then I tried to look for more pictures of it and that simply made me think of visiting it since the place looked stunning and would definitely let me take the pictures I desired. 




Honestly speaking, Puri Indah area has actually been extremely packed with coffee shops and restaurants. The old ones which are still surviving, added with the abundant new ones, which try to enter the promising market. So being there as a new comer, Dancing Goat has just added one more member to the large-sized population. 





The 2-storey venue carried out the design that reminded me of the classic oldies European-style houses, particularly those red bricks standing as the walls and those hanging lamps and chandeliers decorating the ceilings. I'd call it a good effort made to stand out among the flooding of monochromatic coffee shops opening lately. 






As it's still early Sunday morning and I haven't had my sweets and caffeine morning doze, I wasn't ready to face the world *oops. Sorry for being cheesy. I was in my way back from Cikarang to Jakarta while writing this blogpost and I was extremely sleepy right now so I was just trying to keep myself up. So, PEACE!*. Ok forgot that, so basically I ended up just going for my typical breakie, coffee and dessert. So there sat beautifully on the table, my Choco Salted Caramel Cake (IDR 35k) and Hot Piccolo (IDR 29k), my perfect morning couple - Mr. Sweet and Mrs. Awake. 

Choco Salted Caramel Cake (IDR 35k)
HEEEYY! Felt like someone just kicked me and got me shocked. This slice was way too sweet, despite I was actually a sweet holic. If only the sugar composition could go less, I guessed it would be tantalizing as texture wise, the crunchy pie base actually went really well with the smooth layers of salted caramel and dark chocolate. The chocolate flavor itself was bold though I preferred it to go slightly more bitter so it could better balance the sweet caramel. 

Piccolo (IDR 29k)
Luckily, my coffee saved the day. Served in medium body, low acidity, and clean after-taste, it simply came as the impeccable support system to my dessert. It cured my palate's sugar high with the decent coffee flavor. 


I wouldn't put too much judgment on this place, since I've just tried 1 of their cake and their coffee. Perhaps I could only share that I enjoyed spending my time there as for me it's quite a cozy one and I could have my caffeine supply served in the taste that matched my liking well. So keep up the great work and continuously deliver better spoiler for the palate, Dancing Goat ;)


Taste: 8/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for Reading! :)


DANCING GOAT COFFEE CO
Address: Ruko Grand Puri Niaga, Jalan Puri Kencana Blok K6/2P, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 815 1400 4176
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 8pm



Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment