Sunday, February 12, 2017

Guten Morgen, A Sip of Coffee in the 'Wonderland'

Guten Morgen, the name reminded me of my mom as she mentioned it repeatedly when giving a good-morning greeting when I was a child since she used to learn German when she was in high school. Arriving at the venue, the gigantic 'Guten Morgen' phrase written on the floors right at the entrance door seemed like giving a warm welcome for myself. 










Going into the coffee shop, I was immediately impressed by the earthy view served by flower pots, hanging plants, and mistletoe-alike twigs-braid. My biggest crush was doubtlessly the flower-craft spot at the back corner, complete love-struck! I felt like I was entering a house located right at the center of a wonderland <3. For you who did fall for the tableware and the decoration, great news for you, they're available for sale at the outlet so you could have them home! I guessed at the botanical corner, they also received the order of making bouquets or other flowery-decoration.












Coming to the order time, it's the turn for the barista, who's also the waiter, to take his turn giving the recommendation. Following him, there came the Chashu Donburi (IDR 48k) on the table, serving steamed rice topped with pork belly slices and sunny side up. The portion was quite satisfying yet the taste didn't turn out to be so outstanding that made me want to order it again next time. Sorry *frowned* :( 


Chashu Donburi (IDR 48k)
If the first menu was Asian-themed, my friends and I opted for western for the second, Wagyu Lasagne (IDR 40k). These layers of pasta, minced beef, tomato and bechamel sauce, and cheese, were again okay but not a mind-blower. I expected more stuffing and more flavorful taste in it *peace*. 

Wagyu Lasagne (IDR 40k)
Quenching our thirst, my friend Yenny picked the hot one to go for as she wanted to warm herself up. I didn't try this large cup of Hot Choco Milk (IDR 35k), as personally I preferred if they served pure Hot Chocolate than Choco Milk. Well, I guessed Yenny was on the same side with me as I quite understood her type of Hot Chocolate, for which she usually opted for the bold and not overly sweet one.

Hot Choco Milk (IDR 35k)
The rest of the group went for coffee, just like our usual Sunday routines. My sisterDarius, and Leo made a Hot Cappuccino (IDR 30k) trio today as they all chose exactly the same drink. Some of you might have known that I shared almost everything with my beloved sis so you might have guessed it right if you've predicted that I definitely had a sip on the Cappuccino cup. Yes, for sure I did! Nice coffee flavor actually, yet less milk content would certainly make it taste better as this was quite too light for my coffee preference. 


Now it's the turn for my cup, which all of us nominated as the best among all. No wonder why it's also claimed as the most favorite one of Guten Morgen. Bold coffee flavor, indulging aroma, low acidity, and nice after taste. Not only having delightful flavor, the presentation of my Kaffee Cubes (IDR 40k) was eye-catchy as well, providing coffee cubes which were then mixed with the milk served by its side. Coming in only half-glass portion, I directly craved for some more once I finished it. Without even a single doubt, I could say that this was the most recommended one! 

Kaffee Cubes (IDR 40k)



Kaffee Cubes (IDR 40k)
If I might share my honest opinion, perhaps Guten Morgen did need to improve on their main courses. But for coffee, said it shortly, when in Guten Morgen, have their Kaffee Cubes! ;)



Taste: 7/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


GUTEN MORGEN COFFEE LAB & SHOP
Address: Jl. Mandala Utara No. 29C, Tomang, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 878 8577 6188
Operating Hours: Mon - Thu 8am - 8pm, Fri - Sun 10am - 10pm



Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

5 comments: