Sunday, February 5, 2017

Oh My God! Big Succulent Feast at Ow My Plate

Ow My Plate, you perfectly captured my attention right at the very first time I heard of your name. Yes, it's indeed a very ear catchy one and I guessed a great representative of the restaurant's distinctive point. YESSS, the plate's surely the emphasis as the dishes here were all served in hotplate. Such a remarkable concept innovated and such a memorable name chosen!

Located at Muara Karang/Pluit area, just by the main street, the outlet of Ow My Plate's highly visible. Easily described, it's actually very close to the long well-known Coffee Kulture's initial outlet. Especially as they're still putting those gigantic banners in front of the venue, my friends and I could easily find the place without getting lost (like what I typically experienced when trying to find new place LOL).   



The venue was quite a sizable one, being further separated into indoor and outdoor spaces. The indoor one actually quite dominated the overall area, as the outdoor was just a petite one, able to accommodate around two to three tables at maximum. 

Talking about design, from the concept I captured by my sight, they were trying to deliver the casual theme, allowing every single people regardless the age, the dress, and even the size of the group, to come and dine in; simply said, also aligned with the highly affordable price of the dishes offered. They even let the guests to enjoy nice warm dishes at very pocket-friendly costs. 





Despite that fact, the selections of dishes provided were actually quite rich, serving rice on a hotplate with various types of sauces. I heard that at the early opening time, the choices were still quite limited, yet just recently, they launched much more options, giving more alternatives (read: 'more dilemma') to the guests in choosing which one suited them best. Besides, not only the sauces, the guests did have several varieties of protein to be paired with their favorite sauce. And to give extra happiness, additional toppings could even be added into the dish, meaning you could even have your plate being customized, mixing the ingredients as per desired.


Beef Black Pepper Rice (IDR 32k)


Putting the most mainstream menu as the starter, here was the dish which you might have eaten for multiple times in that 'other restaurant' (if you knew what I meant). The same as there, Ow My Plate's version did have the honey and garlic sauces which you could enjoy with your dish. Surprisingly, coming in much more affordable price, Ow My Plate's one was yummy and the portion was doubtlessly fulfilling! 

Grilled Chicken Satay Rice (IDR 30k)



I thought one of the unique innovation was this dish, serving peanut sauce together with the hotplate rice. Yes, just as its name reflected, it's like eating chicken satay, only that you didn't have to struggle pulling out the chicken from the wooden stick. As I loved almost every single dish with peanut sauce, this plate was definitely one of my fave <3.

Dory Sambal Matah Rice (IDR 36k)



If you loved spicy foods, this was made for you. And for me, the idea of combining it with dory was perfect. Moist fish cooked in flavorful sauce with abundant onion slices and chili cuts; simply another one suited my taste bud really well. 

Chicken Katsu Gulai Rice (IDR 30k)




Gulai RIce served on a hotplate? Seriously? Such a breakthrough, as I usually had gulai either at home or at simple depot, and it's always served on just normal plate with plain rice. One more thing, the chicken was bread-crumbed and fried just like katsu, so distinctive. Too bad that I didn't get the chance to try this at my last visit, but no worries, that would be simply the reason to come back, wouldn't it? ;)

Volcano Rice - Level 3 (IDR 55k)





Taking the spiciness to more extreme level, there was the Volcano rice, which gave the option for the consumer to choose the desired spiciness level for their hotplate rice. It ranged from level 1 to 5, but for those who're intolerant to spicy dishes, you could always go for the level 0. If you looked at the picture and you thought it's quite big, I would tell you that it was literally huge! It was said to be shared by two, but honestly speaking, if you ordered the higher level one, you might need to share with more people or otherwise get your tongue burnt ;). Nonetheless, it was a very delectable one and I guessed the champion among all the savory dishes. The toppings consisting eggs, beef meatballs, chicken sausages, corn, cheese, onions, mushrooms, and leek, were generously given and that beaten egg yolk poured from the top of the rice mountain was such a heavenly indulgence! Just like a volcano, the luscious taste did 'explode' in your mouth. Beware of the thought that you're strong enough to handle the hot flavor as my friends and I did it when we picked level 3 and we ended up drinking a lot though we had to admit we couldn't resist to keep eating more. 




Ow My Brownies (IDR 32k)




OW MY G*D! This dish had a name that couldn't suit it better. When I read it, I literally meant it. It's mine and I did want it to be just MINE. Sorry for being so selfish *peace*, but I simply loved this chocolate brownie too much. The idea of serving it warm with abundant chocolate sauce and flawlessly complemented it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the component with totally different temperature, was SUPERB! Literally melted in my mouth and I was totally sold. HANDS UP!


Kraffel Cheese Mantou with Ice Cream (IDR 25k)




Not yet stopping there, Ow My Plate still had another dessert to break my jaw, Kraffel Cheese Mantou! My friends, Leo and Yenny, who had come here prior to me, actually had kept mentioning how they're highly addicted to this dessert and apparently I couldn't agree more with them. This was just another stunning invention from this newly opened restaurant. Crispy-outside-soft-inside mantou, crunchy Tango Kraffel, and sweet vanilla ice cream; the impeccably hypnotizing trio to which you wouldn't be able to shake your head.

Ice Lychee Yakult (IDR 14k)



Having had mountainous amount of foods wouldn't be complete without the thirst quencher and at that time, I badly craved for something refreshing as it's hot and humid. That made me opted for this fresh combination of lychee and yakult, serving the twist  of sweet and sour in one cup.



Trying quite many dishes from their menu, I could doubtlessly say that this place was worthy for repeating visits, due to both the palatable taste as well as the friendly price. As I heard that they would soon open in Tangerang, I could probably sign-up as loyal customer *giggle*. I would surely be back for their sauces I haven't tried such as Teriyaki, Rica-rica, Saos Padang, Curry, Aglio Olio, White Cream, and Gulai. And most importantly, their AMAZING DESSERTS!! 



Taste: 8/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8.5/10




Thanks for Reading! :)


OW MY PLATE
Address: Jl. Pluit Karang Utara Blok A5 No. 33, Pluit, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 857 7332 9164
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 12pm - 10pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment