Saturday, February 18, 2017

Twenty Fifth Coffee, A Stop for Coffee and Much More

It only took us a week to come back to this place. Still remember when I went for lunch last Sunday? Yesss, you got it right if you just mentioned Leon. Oops perhaps I needed to correct my statement, that's actually slightly right. I indeed had lunch there last week, but today I actually not came here for Leon, but for 25th coffee instead, the coffee shop residing at the first floor of Leon. 


Belonged to the same group, De La House Indonesia, Leon and 25th coffee actually occupied the same building at Jl Wijaya, the southern part of Jakarta where abundant decent coffee shops were standing next to each other. Yes, Cipete, Cikajang, Gunawarman, Senopati, Gandaria, named it; those places which have been so 'wanted' and seemed like never stop coming with new comers lately. One funny fact about Twenty Fifth, it just opened its door for the very first time for public at 25th January, my birthday! LOL




When I went to Leon with my friends, we 'coincidentally' found 25th and our interest was right away stolen by its design and ambience. Looked so homy and cozy, especially the front space covered by the glass windows. No wonder that spot also turned to be the most favorite and hence the most packed one as well. Initially, my friends and I planned to go there upon finishing our lunch in Leon, yet by that time, the cafe's already fully occupied with people. So that's the reason bringing me back here the following week, today. As we're so early, the coffee shop seemed like only reserved for us. LOL




When it was fully occupied, the coffee shop appeared like a 'multi-function' space as different customers were doing various stuffs; reading, working, chatting, including just chilling. Well, I guessed coffee could always be a loyal companion regardless you're killing or enjoying your time. 





One more to emphasize, I really fell in love with the vintage stuffs they used to decorate the venue. Old cameras, classic typewriters, geez! I wish I could have all of them *frowned*. The showcase located at one of the corner in the coffee shop was another highlight. It gorgeously displayed the cakes and pastries, which seemed to hypnotize me, making me unable to say no to having them. 





Just liked a complete package of temptation, the waiter was also very persuasive in offering the recommended ones. Trapped in the dilemma, I asked my friend Yenny, which one she wanted and her answer just led me into more complicated confusion as she shouted 'EVERYTHING!' LOL. Finally passing the 'tough times' (ok, I did over exaggerated it), we ended up carrying 3 dishes back to the table with a giggle. 

Beef Puff (IDR 30k)



Another score for you if you just guesstimated that this was Yenny's pick. Yes, it's just like a default setting that she always picked the savory ones, while sweets were my turn. Despite that it's not warm anymore, this puff was delightful, combining crispy pastry and succulent beef-cuts fillings. Coated with sesame seeds, I could taste the aromatic sesame taste in each bite. 

Peanut Passion Cronut (IDR 30k)


I was always a wonky one when it came to peanut butter. Yesss, I had a big crush on it, to the level that I almost always loved everything served with peanut butter. That's why when my sight fell on it, it didn't even take me a second to decide to order it. For me, though nothing's so special to highlight about the cronut batter, the toppings were a distinctive mix since I'd never found peanut butter blended with passion fruit before. Surprisingly, it turned out indulging serving a trio of sweet, salty, and sour taste. I could even say that it's an awesome invention as the refreshing passion fruit flawlessly balanced the heavier peanut butter. 

Hazelnut Chocolate Cake (IDR 35k)



Yuhuuu! My pick! The one I was sold to, even since last week, my initial visit to 25th Coffee. Coated in chocolate glazing, with additional chocolate ganache decoration on top and pistachio crumbles at the edge, the cake could win the most stunning presentation award among those shown on the display. I guessed any chocolate lover will be tempted to try it once it's there right in front of you, and so did I. By the way, I was talking about the look of the whole cake. 



Nevertheless, I was surprised when the sliced one landed on the table as it looked pretty dry. Unexpectedly, when it came to taste, it wasn't dry at all. The sponge cake was so moist and the chocolate ganache was delectable. Bold dark chocolate taste at proper sweetness level. Such a spoiler for my palate and such a perfect closing to my weekend breakie. 

Hot Chocolate (IDR 40k)


Yenny's gigantic warm cup. Quite generous size compared to common hot chocolate served in other cafes. I didn't have a sip from the cup, yet Yenny said it's just okay. 

Hot Piccolo (IDR 30k)


In contrary to the previous one, mine was petite, yeah just normal size of piccolo actually. I found the saucer unique as the spot for the cup was at the edge instead of the center. Again another difference from the prior cup, this wasn't just something ordinary as it got my approval wink. Simply said, this piccolo was JUST RIGHT; medium body, not overly milky, proper acidity. Nice one!



Another thumbs up for De La House Indonesia for the great place, pleasant service, pampering dishes, and tantalizing coffee. Cheers to more success stories ahead!





Taste: 8/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10



Thanks for reading! :)


TWENTY FIFTH COFFEE
Address: Jl. Wijaya 1 No. 25, Jakarta
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 10pm
WebsiteFacebook . Instagram


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter

Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment