Sunday, March 19, 2017

Crumb and Coaster Bali

First sentence to mention, feels like being back to Aussie, where you can find random cafes in small alleys; petite size, limited seats, yet serving various brunch menu to indulge my palate. I actually have been here at my last visit but unfortunately have to end up leaving the place without dining in there since the venue's fully occupied with people. Yeah the space was indeed narrow, allowing around maximum 15 people only to come in. Located at Jl Benesari, a small alley connected to Jl Popies where Beachwalk's located, it's not that hard to find the spot but will be extremely difficult to find parking space I guessed. So bringing your own car's definitely not a choice. 





Coming at early Friday morning, there's still no guest there so I could freely choose the table I desired. Not to mention, utilizing the Instagenic spots for OOTD snaps *giggling*.

As always, what makes me love Bali too much is the first-class service delivered by almost all waiters/waitresses I've met in this godly island. Crumb and Coaster was not an exception and I could even give thumbs up to the waiters who patiently 'handled' the narcissism of my sister and I (if you know what I mean) LOL. 





It's still very clear in my mind, the dish I've been craving to try since the initial 'cancelled' visit. Thus, it's just a blink then I could directly pick my order, the one residing at the top line on the breakie menu. 


Corn Fritters (IDR 40k) + Bacon (IDR 15k)


Yep, it's this Corn Fritter a.k.a perkedel or bakwan jagung, one of the most well-known fried finger-food in Indonesia. Who doesn't know it, and even many people have it for daily breakie or morning snack. For this menu, it acted like the bun, being stacked with additional toppings of your choice would be put in between as the 'patty'. Quite nice, but honestly speaking not to the level that made me get addicted. Perhaps it needed extra components to be added into the dish to add more taste and made it become more flavorful. 

Almond Croissant (IDR 35k)



The second dish was just a mainstream option that could be easily found elsewhere. I didn't expect much as I initially ordered it to 'prop' my hungry tummy before going to the main dish. Surprisingly, it turned out to be the one I loved better, serving flaky pastry with full almond-paste filling. The fragrant buttery aroma simply turned it to be luscious easy bite. 
  

Something to go with brunch menu? I might 9 out of 10 times said it's coffee. Having slept only for 2 hours the prior night as I had to work overtime while also required to catch my dawn-time flight, I was badly in need of caffeine-slap on my face. That in turn made this Hot Piccolo (IDR 20k) successfully landed on my breakfast table. Having it in front of my face, I right away had my first sip and oops, I guessed it's not my kind of cup as it's too acidic :(. Should've gone for something lighter like Latte I guessed.

Hot Piccolo (IDR 20k)
Bluntly said, I was expecting something more satisfying. Nonetheless, as what I tried were just very limited, I might have to give a try to their other dishes. Mmmm, perhaps eggs benny next?



Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for Reading! :)


CRUMB AND COASTER
Address: Jl. Benesari No. 2E, Kuta, Bali
Phone: (+62 819) 9959 6319 
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 7am - 3pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment