Sunday, March 12, 2017

Legato Gelato, Happiness in A Cone

When gelato trend was so hype in Jakarta, seemed like it's not growing as fast in Tangerang. Every time there's newly opened one, it must be either coffee shop or restaurant. But finally, Legato Gelato became the pioneer, establishing its very first outlet in Gading Serpong area. 




It occupied a quite petite space in the arrays where many other cafes residing in this area were located. Quite hard to find as the signboard was pretty small. Imitating the layout of most coffee shops, outdoor seating was also provided yet I didn't really recommend you to go for this space as it's pretty hot outside. It would be either you or your ice cream melt first LOL. 

To whoever designing this space, a big salute from me for the creative idea in making the venue looked more spacious; efficient utilization of space there, buddy ;). He used flip tables hanging on the walls, allowing the guests to open it only when they wanted to use it. Besides, there's also a communal table provided for those coming in bigger groups. Awesome idea, wasn't it?





Mainly serving gelato, several choices of flavors were provided, some of which were being changed over time so you might meet different options at different visits. Basically just like other common gelato stores, there were fruit-based and milk-based flavors. Some options belonged to the first group I saw at my visit were Tamarillo, Lemon, Kiwi, and Mango; whereas the latter came with Thai Tea, Coffee, Ferrero, Banana, Dark Choco, and Peanut Butter. There was also unique flavor such as beer, which might be available yet rarely found in other gelato shops. The waiter nicely offered me to try some of them before I made my order. 


Preferring milk-based gelato, I didn't taste the non-milk ones. I basically had a mini spoon of all of them *giggling* besides Dark Choco. All were pretty decent besides Banana which for me was quite too sweet for Banana flavor. Ferrero and Thai Tea were nice as the flavor they carried were quite strong, making you felt as if you're eating the real Ferrero and drinking the real Thai Tea. 


Nevertheless, as I didn't want to have 4 scoops of gelato on top of my cone, so I opted for my two most favorites - Peanut Butter and Coffee. I loved this combination as the sweet and salty flavors blended in the Peanut Butter was well complemented by the slightly bitter taste from the bold Coffee. It was like Yin and Yang, where each element balanced another one.  



If you wondered how Beer flavor tasted, my friend actually went for it, by pairing it with Ferrero. He guesstimated it used Bint*ng R*dler as the main ingredient as the tasted was so similar. As I disliked beer, I didn't give it a try. However, it suited my friend's palate well but he recommended to enjoy it with another flavor. 




Serving indulging gelato with affordable price, Legato Gelato was doubtlessly worthy to try. So you now have one more line on desserts to go for in Serpong :)


Taste: 8/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


LEGATO GELATO
Address: Ruko Golden 8 Blok D No 30, Gading Serpong, Tangerang
Phone: (+62) 813 8083 0006
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 10pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment