Sunday, March 5, 2017

Seven Speed Coffee, Where Cyclist Meets Barista

Almost passing the venue as the signboard's quite hidden, finally I found the place, Seven Speed Coffee! Yuppp, such a unique name there. Let's start my guesstimate, the 'Seven' came from the date when the venue was established, January 7th 2017, and perhaps the 'Speed' related to the 'Bike-theme' carried out by this newly opened coffee shop. You could immediately tell it even before entering the petite venue as it had that bike parking spot with some bikes hanging there. I guessed the idea emerged from the creative brain of the owner, who seems to be a 'true-biker' as well. Helmet, cap, and even hanging skateboard and bike on the wall; yeah you read it right, on the wall!! 










Forget about those monochromatic or minimalist design that typically brought out by recently opened coffee shops as you would definitely not find them here. Such a distinctive decision to stand out and be different, having the stall covered with colorful decorations. 




If you recalled that I mentioned petite in the beginning, I literally meant it as the coffee shop looked more like a small house. There were only few seats available, especially for the indoor spot, with some chairs located around the bar, some by the window, and single table at the back which for me was 'a little bit private' regardless that it's not entirely-closed space.  On the other hand, the outdoor seating actually could accommodate bigger number of people with long sharing table and some individual round tables.






The limited spaces were matched to its short selection of menu to pair your drink. Yeah, it was indeed more to a place for having short stop than a place for killing time. 


Hot Piccolo (IDR 28k)

  


Fulfilling my weekend morning doze, I had my favorite choice on the table, Hot Piccolo. The coffee was made by the owner himself, who's also the Barista. I admired how he's paying high attention on quality as he  had a sip on the coffee he made before pouring it into the customers' cups (salute!). Palatable caffeine served there with aromatic coffee, with a light touch of acidity; suited me more than better. 

Almond Croissant (IDR 25k)

  



OK. I might guess what's in your mind now looking at the appearance of this croissant. Yeah, I would never say it gorgeously presented as it's definitely not.  Nonetheless, looks might come next whilst taste would never lie. That buttery aroma from the batter right away stole my heart. Thanks to the abundant almond meal and sugar mix stuffings for satisfying my morning sweet craving. 

Peanut Butter Jelly Croissant (IDR 20k)



Kinda same impression with the previous one in terms of appearance. Honestly speaking at first I was quite disappointed that it's only half part of the croissant and it didn't look that appetizing. Nonetheless, once I had my first bite, I immediately had a big big crush on it! Perfectly crispy texture and delightful flavor, which was further enriched by the yummy chunky peanut butter spread and strawberry jam. If only the presentation could be more appealing, I guessed it could be the 'superstar' croissant <3.


I wish nothing but success for this two-month old coffee shop. Keep serving those indulging coffee and croissants :)


Taste: 8/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)



SEVEN SPEED COFFEE
Address: Jl. Abdul Majid Raya No. 33, Cipete, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 812 9648 4272
Operating Hours: Tue - Sun 7am - 7pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment