Thursday, April 20, 2017

Scrumptious Clean Eating at In the Raw

A place I was actually found accidentally when my sister and I walked from Le Petit Prince to our next stop in our long culinary trip itinerary. Canggu's weather was pretty unfriendly on that day, being too hot during the day time. As the sun seemed like wanna melted us, it became such a challenge to walk a lengthy distance. Still being on the way to our destination, we passed In the Raw, a petite cafe located by the main road, whose outer appearance immediately hypnotized us to stay. Yes, it apparently called us silently to stop by and gave them a try, so there we were, being stuck for awhile, and absolutely wiith some stuffs ordered on the table ;)



Like typical hipster cafes in Canggu, In the Raw didn't have to be elegantly decorated with classic furniture or giant chandeliers to get us hitched. That simple natural design with red-brick walls, wooden racks, tropical fruits placed at several corners, branch-made front roof, and flower pots, all of which made the venue looked like a beach house, were actually the ones capturing our attention the most. Well yeah, every thing had its own way to show its beauty. 





Somehow, carrying the name 'In the Raw' already represented what the cafe offered for the guests. Juices, smoothie bowls, nori rolls, salads; mostly anything made of the raw ingredients of fresh fruits and veggies. Additionally, they did let you to experience the more indulging way to enjoy the good food for your body by offering raw cakes, raw chocolate, raw bliss balls, and even ice cream; all of which made of organic components. Sounded more than interesting, didn't it?





For this short stop, I had a slice of their raw cakes, for which my choice went to Snickers Cheesecake (IDR 54k). I unintentionally found out through Instagram that the cake was actually not made in their own kitchen but sorry that I forgot who's behind this slice of indulgence. It might look not that appealing, yet you could give it a try yourself and told me what you thought as in my view it was an awesomely executed one. In my guesstimate, it contained chocolate, peanut, coconut, and absolutely cheese, which were altogether delivering a delightful taste on my palate. Neither too creamy, nor too sweet, and had to be served call as it's a raw one or otherwise it would melt. 

Snickers Cheesecake (IDR 54k)
As for the drink, the turn belonged to Great Full (IDR 39k), one of the various selections provided for the freshly made-to-order juices. Since it anyway didn't take long to have the waiter served it, I preferred to go for the freshly-made one than the ready-to-drink cold-pressed juices displayed in the chiller, which actually came in abundant options of flavors as well. This healthy green glass was basically made of spinach, cucumber, star fruit, green apple, and lime. Claimed to deliver the benefits of anti-inflammatory, breathe freshener, and body boost, this blend of fruits and veggies, which were not all my favorite, unexpectedly turned out having great taste just like its name! Texture wise I would call it in between, as it's neither too light nor too heavy. A nicely refreshing one in the middle of hot sunny Canggu!

Great Full (IDR 39k)
There were still much more to try from In the Raw and my biggest curiosity was now on their smoothie bowls (and their other cakes I hadn't tried for sure. Pardon my sweets-addiction please). Sadly at that time my sister and I had just had smoothie bowl in the prior cafe we visited so we're not in the mood to go for another one. However, next chance will be always available, won't it?



Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


IN THE RAW
Address: Jl. Pantai Batu Bolong 56, Canggu, Bali
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 7am - 5pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment