Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dining by The Hill at Orofi Cafe

If you were not a 'first-timer' of Bandung, especially if you have been here since years ago, you must have known The Valley, a restaurant residing in Dago Pakar area which has been a long player in this particular industry in Bandung. Even for me who rarely went to Bandung, I'd at least been there once and my first crush was their Zuppa Soup. If you just thought that I might mistype the title of this review as I've been talking about a different restaurant, no I didn't guys because I was still at the intro part. 








So basically, having been successful with The Valley, the owner now established a new one - Orofi Cafe, which's actually located at the same space, occupying the higher level. Since the location was on the hill, you could already draw your imagination on the exquisite panorama; clear blue sky, green lands, and minimalist houses standing next to each other. This type of view, which I definitely couldn't find in the middle of the hectic city where I could only enjoy looking at lines of skyscrapers and heavy traffic. 








Bringing the compilation of white and blue colors, it reminded me of Santorini, one of the spots on my list of most-wanted places to visit. Regardless the grass was artificial, it was so eye-refreshing and I was beyond happy able to get the pictures as if I was sitting in a beautiful garden enjoying the nature. I couldn't be more certain that this place would soon be flourishing in any social media as it served too many picturesque spots for awesome shots. 




The menu offered was 'so The Valley' in my view, providing mostly western dishes including pizza, pasta, sandwich, and many more. 

Pizza Spinachi (IDR 75k)
Spinach, cream sauce, mushroom, corn, and mozzarella cheese


This pizza might sound simple if you see the combination of components it mixed. Despite that the ingredients were mainly veggies, this pizza was delectable particularly due to the generously given mozzarella cheese that I've always fallen for. Paired with cream sauce, the way the chef balanced the flavor from every single element was perfect, able to make it not being overly creamy, but even turned out more scrumptious. The thin crust was also great idea to avoid people from being overly bloated after having the dish. 

Peanut Butter Cake (IDR 35k)





You got it right when you just guessed that this was my pick. Yeah, who else had that huge addiction to desserts than me LOL. Layers of sponge cake and peanut butter, topped with a thin layer of strawberry jam making it looked like Peanut Butter Jelly cake. The flavor was actually okay with the right sweetness level from the cake and the moist peanut butter spread. But texture wise, my palate demanded it to be less dry. 

Hot Cherry Pie (IDR 39k)



The star of the stage was doubtlessly this Hot Cherry Pie. Well it might be not coming in the presentation that wow-ed me, but that simple appearance was the first that stole my attention when I looked at the showcase. Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this pie turned out tasted beyond my expectation! That top layer was absolutely the climax, tasted like having a spoon of vanilla milk powder, which would right away melted once entering your mouth. Being served slightly sour, the refreshing cherry layer came as the balancer to the sweet flavor of the pie base. 

Healthy Juice (IDR 40k)


Serving mixed veggies in a glass, this juice brought out the name of Healthy Juice. It's my bad that I forgot to ask the components that were blended together so I might not be able to mention one by one to you. Nevertheless, my taste bud could certainly call out the strong carrot taste in it. It's quite a heavy one, yet surely the healthy way to get your tummy filled. 

Strawberry Lychee Yoghurt (IDR 40k)


I was at first expecting this one to be yoghurt drink, but turned out the actual one was more into the real yoghurt mixed with lychee flavor and strawberry ice cream. The milky ice cream kind of faded the yoghurt taste in my view and I thought this was more into dessert than beverage. I would call it a not bad one, but might be not something I would be badly craving for as well. 

Iced Lemon Tea (IDR 25k)


Wouldn't talk much about this classic drink which was apparently everyone's all-time favorite. Well, what could go wrong with a glass of Iced Lemon Tea *giggling*. 



Lemon Surprise (IDR 40k)




From all the drinks my friends and I had on our table, my personal favorite was my own, this Lemon Surprise - serving lemon squash with a hint of Blue Curacao. Watch out, it contained alcohol but good point that it's clearly mentioned on the menu. I couldn't really feel the alcohol taste when giving it a sip, yet the lemonade flavor and the soda touch in it were simply 'kicking'!


When I was about to leave the venue, I just figured out that the house next to it belonged to the owner. That answered the question in my mind about the door connecting the yard of that house to Orofi Cafe, what a nice place to stay being away from the crowd. Final sayings, this new comer did deserve a try and I guess you and your social media account would both get impeccably satisfied.


Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


OROFI CAFE
Address: Jl. Lembah Pakar Timur No. 99, Bandung
Phone: (+62 22) 2511 450
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 4pm - 11pm, Sat - Sun 11.30am - 11pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment