Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hideout Serpong

It wasn't my very first visit to the venue, yet it's my premiere dining session there. At the initial one, I disappointedly had to leave the venue since they'd not opened their door for public. Finally, they're now here, ready to serve the coffee lovers in Serpong area. 

The venue's just 5-minute car-ride away from Summarecon Mal Serpong, easily accessible and highly visible, residing at the arrays of other cafes and restaurants. The 2-floor cafe was a middling space, presenting anti-mainstream interior. Entering the venue, you would first meet the 'garden', front spot decorated with real green plants. Then, it's the alley with several petite tables lining up, bringing you to the back space with semi-transparent ceiling, flowing in natural sunlight. 








Going upstairs, you got 3 separated areas; the one facing the front side of the cafe, the middle with small bar, and the back which was a balcony with the view of the lower ground. Such a peculiar arrangement, wasn't it? Thumbs up to whoever behind the brilliant idea, successfully transforming the venue into an enjoyable spot. 










The spotlight owner belonged to the back wall, having gorgeous mural widely presented. An impeccable spot for taking thousand pictures, which I believed will be trending on social media timelines some time soon. 



For this afternoon coffee time, my friends and I picked their Hot Cappuccino and Iced Vietnamese Coffee. Sorry to say, but the first one didn't suit my coffee taste as it's bitter and quite acidic. I wouldn't go further with the comments, so let's move on to the cold one. The Vietnamese Coffee was served with the filter paper, allowing the guest to experience serving the coffee herself by pouring the water into the glass and let the coffee dripped down and melted the ice cubes. I guessed I put too much water making the coffee taste didn't really burst out. Perhaps next time I should add a little only, have a sip, hen added some more if needed. 
Hot Cappuccino
Iced Vietnamese Coffee
Furthermore, it's not only my friends and I who accompany each other, but also the tiny cupcakes which came as the companions to our coffee. The choice went to BreakfastRed Velvet, and Cookie Dough; 3 out of the 4 flavors available on the showcase. These cutie pies were slightly too dry yet the taste were okay. 



Ranking them based on my preference, the order actually followed the way I mention them in advance, from my least to my most favorite. The first two had nice frosting cream, while the last having its cookie on top of the cupcake becoming the creme de la creme. If I could suggest, I even preferred them having Cookie Dough as one of their menu. I might be the first one lining up to buy it for light bites.




As a new comer, Hideout's actually a very decent space for hanging out, working, meeting up, or simply said for spending quite long time. Dishes wise, continuous improvement's still required especially on desserts and coffee. For the rest, I guess I should give them a try so perhaps any time soon. As my final sayings, all the best! :)


Taste: 7/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


HIDEOUT
Address: Ruko Beryl 1, Jl. Gading Golf Boulevard No 20, Serpong Utara, Tangerang
Phone: (+62 21) 546 2828
Operating Hours: Sun - Thu 10am - 00am, Fri - Sat 10am - 2am



Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment